The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

If childbearing is easy for Kate, we may never again see her in public. If she doesn't want to work outside the home, a constant stream of babies would be the way to get out of it! I can see it now...KATE GOES FOR QUEEN VICTORIA'S CHILDBEARING RECORD.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Anyone is entitled to their opinion... I'm nto so devoted and fanatic over her to say that I should be ashamed to not have achieve what she is supposed to ahve achieved...
Catherine just started her royal career within the "Firm" and with the Queen giving Catherine the responsibility of representing her abroad, her royal role is growing. There is so much to come.

The major work really begins when she and William decide to go full time with their royal duties. I think them working part time is what many of us have a problem with. The royals do a great deal behind the scenes but I think the problem is a great deal of that isn't publically highlighted.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
If she did all of that on her own I would agree with you. But she has lot's of help. She doesn't run those charities, she doesn't do the paperwork nor the organisation of all this. Not to say she doesn't do anything... but there are plenty of people who work a lot harder and to say this woman, with her staff and other help, works hard is fairly insulting towards all the people without help. Single parents with jobs and families for instance..
Do you find it insulting when people say others royal who only work 90 days out of the year in the public eye are hardworking
Old 10-14-2014, 09:53 AM
Courtier

William will become a full time royal when the Queen wants him too
Old 10-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
If childbearing is easy for Kate, we may never again see her in public. If she doesn't want to work outside the home, a constant stream of babies would be the way to get out of it! I can see it now...KATE GOES FOR QUEEN VICTORIA'S CHILDBEARING RECORD.
Hmmm...don't see it happening at her age.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
William will become a full time royal when the Queen wants him too

People seem to think this is a valid excuse. It's not The Queen that wants to see William and Catherine; it's the public.

I have no argument with Catherine's illness preventing her from working, that's never been an issue for me. But for both of them; Catherine pre/post pregnancy and William in general they just don't seem bothered at all.
Personally if the monarchy fell, they'd probably be happy. I understand being King is a "burden", but in the end it's family and tradition and you fulfil your duty out of respect if nothing else. William has never IMO looked like he remotely respects or enjoys his role.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
At the moment she is pregnant and feeling bad so I won't say anything... If I had hopes that she would take on more duties before the pregnancy was announced now I am convinced that with 2 children there is no way she will be doing more... Let's face it
I believe as we see the other members of the Firm age, that the grandchildren and their spouses will be called upon to join the rank of full time royals. Until then, I believe that they'll continue on as part timers.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh, we are not amused, Kitty!
Old 10-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Considering that Catherine's current events and fashion threads are is already packed full of pages of discussion and debate, one might be grateful that she does not currently do more duties lest the whole internet crashes! Whether she and William will have any more children after this one I do not know, but I doubt I will cope if they do.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Considering that Catherine's current events and fashion threads are is already packed full of pages of discussion and debate, one might be grateful that she does not currently do more duties lest the whole internet crashes! Whether she and William will have any more children after this one I do not know, but I doubt I will cope if they do.

Hahahaha, I've mostly stayed off the pregnancy threads for this reason - I just can't go through that again so quickly. It's as bad as a U.S. presidential election year.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if she has a third child. As sick as she must be now, I wouldn't blame her for stopping at two.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:10 AM
Courtier

The public don't want to see them, it the media and people on forums like this that keeps whining about William becoming a full time royal. The media are because William and Catherine makes them more money than any other people. I don't even know why forums do unless they want to talk about Harry. Which makes no sense b/c William and/or Kate usually do more royals duty than Harry but someone how he's hard working and they are lazy.

It is the Queen and Charles who funds them. They, and that includes Harry won't be a full time royal until those two wants them too and start giving them money from their budget.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
People seem to think this is a valid excuse. It's not The Queen that wants to see William and Catherine; it's the public.

I have no argument with Catherine's illness preventing her from working, that's never been an issue for me. But for both of them; Catherine pre/post pregnancy and William in general they just don't seem bothered at all.
Personally if the monarchy fell, they'd probably be happy. I understand being King is a "burden", but in the end it's family and tradition and you fulfil your duty out of respect if nothing else. William has never IMO looked like he remotely respects or enjoys his role.
I'm not sure they would be the happy campers if the monarchy fell, but I understand what you're saying. I think it's up to the royals to make they're roles enjoyable.

I also think the excuse of the Queen not needing them is pretty tired. I think William & Catherine are needed to work in the "Firm" and the public do want to see them more.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
If she did all of that on her own I would agree with you. But she has lot's of help. She doesn't run those charities, she doesn't do the paperwork nor the organisation of all this. Not to say she doesn't do anything... but there are plenty of people who work a lot harder and to say this woman, with her staff and other help, works hard is fairly insulting towards all the people without help. Single parents with jobs and families for instance..
But let's be real. Pretty much none of the royals work hard, yet I see Mary or Letizia (or insert favorite royal), routinely praised for all their hard work. These people do 2 hours of engagements and then they go home to their mansions with their butlers, nannies, cooks and all of their other help. I guess for some reason it makes people feel better to see them out and about daily. It gives the illusion that royals work, but in no way do these people truly know the definition of hard work.

That's why it strikes me as funny when people go on about how lazy William is. At least he has a real job.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not sure they would be the happy campers if the monarchy fell, but I understand what you're saying. I think it's up to the royals to make they're roles enjoyable.

I also think the excuse of the Queen not needing them is pretty tired. I think William & Catherine are needed to work in the "Firm" and the public do want to see them more.
Why is it an excuse?? Have you spoken with the Queen? I know I haven't so I can only go with the known facts. William takes his orders from the Queen. Full stop. Whether he enjoys being a royal I can't say but at the end of the day he just gets on with it.

I have a question, is it just William who isn't doing the Queen's will? Is there anyone else suffering HM's wrath?

Is Harry doing whats he's told? Is Camilla doing what she's told?

So why is William the only member of the Firm that gets this treatment from a certain segment of the online community.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Why is it an excuse?? Have you spoken with the Queen? I know I haven't so I can only go with the known facts. William takes his orders from the Queen. Full stop. Whether he enjoys being a royal I can't say but at the end of the day he just gets on with it.

I have a question, is it just William who isn't doing the Queen's will? Is there anyone else suffering HM's wrath?

So why is William the only member of the Firm that gets this treatment from a certain segment of the online community.
I just think he and Catherine could be doing more. We all understand Catherine's condition but I think it's about time they were given more responsibilities. The Queen sending Catherine to Malta on her behalf was a big step, although, Catherine wasn't well enough to make it. Now William & Catherine is participating in their first UK State Visit. I think the more responsibility handed down to them is for the better. They are needed and I've seen more evidence to support it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
The public don't want to see them...
The people do want to see them. There has been a great hue and cry from UK folks who have criticized W/K for going off to everywhere but their homeland areas since the birth of George.

I don't even like them much, but I want to see them!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Re: The Queen ordering everyone about: Just because we are told something does not make it a fact. I personally don't believe Will takes orders from the Queen or anyone.

I think that the Queen's will went a lot farther back in the day, but I'm not sure it does anymore.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Well put.

The fact is that the media like to see a young, photogenic couple about. Their pictures on the covers of magazines and newspapers sell magazines, hence the litany from certain sections of the medial. Outside of parts of the media and some posters on internet forums, I don't seem to sense a groundswell of popular discontent in the UK about the lack of public engagements by W&C.

If the Queen and the PoW are content with the current level of work W&C do, IMO, who are we to comment?
Old 10-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
But let's be real. Pretty much none of the royals work hard, yet I see Mary or Letizia (or insert favorite royal), routinely praised for all their hard work. These people do 2 hours of engagements and then they go home to their mansions with their butlers, nannies, cooks and all of their other help. I guess for some reason it makes people feel better to see them out and about daily. It gives the illusion that royals work, but in no way do these people truly know the definition of hard work.
Most of them don't work hard, I agree with this. I also agree that for the most part, their "work" is an illusion - they're hardly saddled with any of the obligations most of us have at our jobs.

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles