The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1141  
Old 08-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
And to Albert and Paola too!

I think as people live longer it will be considered by all the monarchies.
True. Bea likely pointed out to her friends that the hairstylists there can replicate her signature style along with Fabiola's, Sofia's etc..I'm sure that they can do QEII's as well.
__________________

  #1142  
Old 08-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I would like to point out that it is possible to be a working mom, why are some acting like it Kate does more royal duties George will suffer? It's not like she is a surgeon or a high powered attorney. Cut a ribbon give a speech one week a month and that's all.
Well stated. William's own mother by most accounts was an extraordinarily nurturing and devoted parent. Her sons were deeply bonded to her from infancy up to her premature death. And I think no one will argue that her workload was considerably heavier than Kate's...even with two young children vs. Kate's one.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1143  
Old 08-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,348
Diana was married to the heir, was the Princess of Wales....Catherine is not.


LaRae
  #1144  
Old 08-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
... William's own mother by most accounts was an extraordinarily nurturing and devoted parent. ...
Was she? Really? There might be diffrent oppinions on that account...
  #1145  
Old 08-09-2014, 02:15 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Well stated. William's own mother by most accounts was an extraordinarily nurturing and devoted parent. Her sons were deeply bonded to her from infancy up to her premature death. And I think no one will argue that her workload was considerably heavier than Kate's...even with two young children vs. Kate's one.
Actually in the beginning, Diana didn't have a lot of engagements. She didn't up her engagements until 1986 or 87 - when her kids were no longer babies. From 1981-1985 she did less than 80 engagements a year (the exception was 1983 when she did 110). I can't find info on 1986, but in 1987 she did 266 engagements and stayed in that range in '88. Between 1989-1993 her engagements were in the 300 range, then she went back down to the double digits in 1994.

There was an old People article that stated after William was born, Diana scheduled her engagements around him. She wanted to make sure that she could tuck him in at night.
  #1146  
Old 08-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,305
^^^I like that she was given the time to be a nurturing mother when her boys were very young.
  #1147  
Old 08-09-2014, 02:41 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,799
I like that too. I also notice that after the boys got a bit older, she gradually upped her duties. She wasn't just forced into 300+ engagements.
  #1148  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Diana was married to the heir, was the Princess of Wales....Catherine is not.


LaRae
My point exactly. She was much busier than Kate. She managed both sets of duties with aplomb...even when her boys were babies.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1149  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,348
My point..it's not her job, she doesn't need to do it.


LaRae
  #1150  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,287
I guess we will disagree on that Pranter. As a future queen of England and after three years of marriage into the BRF it is indeed her job and she does need to do it.

England is not Monaco, Lichtenstein or Luxembourg. It's a country with a considerable laundry list of social problems....unemployment, homelessness, and addiction among them. She is in an enviable position to make a difference. If she is to simply devote herself to her home and personal life why bother to take on any patronages at all at this point?
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1151  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:34 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,799
Diana wasn't much busier that Kate during the first few years of William and Harry's life. She did less less than 80 engagements. Basically around the same number of engagements that Kate has done.
  #1152  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,287
In the third year of her marriage to Prince Charles? Really? What specific year are we discussing?

Less than three months after William's birth , and only a little over a year after her wedding, she was sent alone to represent HM at the funeral of Princess Grace of Monaco btw.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1153  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I have always defended Kate when it comes to working, but I admit it's getting harder to do so. Not so much for William, to me it looks like he has been working or working toward something since St Andrews.
I agree , I am a fan so I tend to be a little more biased but , think about it she doesnt have to do the cooking and cleaning , George has a full time nanny , so what does she do all day ? Watch tv ? Lol . I would be bored out of my mind if I was as idle as she was and I'm quite a lazy person myself
  #1154  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Actually in the beginning, Diana didn't have a lot of engagements. She didn't up her engagements until 1986 or 87 - when her kids were no longer babies. From 1981-1985 she did less than 80 engagements a year (the exception was 1983 when she did 110). I can't find info on 1986, but in 1987 she did 266 engagements and stayed in that range in '88. Between 1989-1993 her engagements were in the 300 range, then she went back down to the double digits in 1994.

There was an old People article that stated after William was born, Diana scheduled her engagements around him. She wanted to make sure that she could tuck him in at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Diana wasn't much busier that Kate during the first few years of William and Harry's life. She did less less than 80 engagements. Basically around the same number of engagements that Kate has done.
Important facts. Important perspective. I find facts are more enlightening than impressions. Impressions have driven many a political career, not so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemiddy View Post
I agree, I am a fan so I tend to be a little more biased but, think about it, she doesnt have to do the cooking and cleaning, George has a full time nanny, so what does she do all day ? Watch tv? Lol I would be bored out of my mind if I was as idle as she was and I'm quite a lazy person myself
As am I.

I am fortunate in that my career gives me enormous latitude and I have a husband who makes it possible for me to be an at-home mom even without my own work.

There is plenty to fill a day when I am on hiatus. I have no problem being indolent.
  #1155  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
Is this counting the tours diana did in her early years as a royal ?

I find kate is older , she is 32 not 20 yrs so it seems odd that her timetable with so much help is mostly empty .
  #1156  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:44 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,969
This is not a Diana thread and there is no competition going on.

Move on
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #1157  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:45 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,287
Very true. You are right. Thanks.

I only mentioned her at all as proof that it is indeed possible to be a good mother to young children and carry out a full schedule of duties...especially when you have a considerable amount of help with your responsibilities at home.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #1158  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 44
Exactly people are bound to wonder what someone with the resources she has is rarely seen out and about .
  #1159  
Old 08-09-2014, 03:55 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
In the third year of her marriage to Prince Charles? Really? What specific year are we discussing?

Less than three months after William's birth , and only a little over a year after her wedding, she was sent alone to represent HM at the funeral of Princess Grace of Monaco btw.
I was discussing from the beginning of her marriage until after Harry had turned 2 or 3.

Yeah, those numbers included her overseas tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is not a Diana thread and there is no competition going on.

Move on
You're right. Sorry about that.
  #1160  
Old 08-09-2014, 04:05 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Diana was married to the heir, was the Princess of Wales....Catherine is not.


LaRae
That excuse worked 3 years ago, now it's getting old.
__________________

__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Closed Thread

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
art best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge evening wear fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia irene urdangarín iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news nobel november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week november 2016 prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince louis prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia rohans state visit state visit to spain stephanie sweden swedish royal family uae wildlife victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises