The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

William's disdain of the media is legendary and I do believe that part of this two year limited public appearances is to be able to control and keep the media at bay when it comes to their private lives...
I think William's disdain is a big problem! Noblesse oblige to be impartial... at least to look to be impartial.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think that we will see Catherine doing more but they aren't going to announce it. The trip to Malta is an example. With the possibility of another pregnancy, it would be foolish to commit.

Speaking of foolish..... I wish the Cambs so-called PR people would just keep quiet. They cause more problems than they could ever solve.
I agree, the whole idea of putting it out there that Catherine won't be increasing her royal duties was beyond stupid. Of course her roles will increase and she will need to be seen doing her job as a senior royal. At the moment she do very little public engagements and to say that she won't be increasing her work is just silly.

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but they need to get it together back there.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think that we will see Catherine doing more but they aren't going to announce it. The trip to Malta is an example. With the possibility of another pregnancy, it would be foolish to commit.

Speaking of foolish..... I wish the Cambs so-called PR people would just keep quiet. They cause more problems than they could ever solve.
Yeah, their PR is not helping. They need to rethink how they communicate. Especially when it comes to Kate and her role over the next two years.

I agree that we'll probably see her doing a bit more. The trip to Malta is a good start and hopefully we'll see her doing more solo engagements while William is working.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Why not focus on being a mother (and maybe growing their family) now, instead of upping their duties and profile and then having to take a series of breaks for family reasons?

Because then people would complain about the length of her maternity leave (or William's paternity leave)!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 4h
What does this mean for Kate? She will continue with her small portfolio of work, I am told, & focus on 'being a mother'. No rise in duties

Won't be good if that's true.
I see no problems with it, she's going to do much more in the coming years.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 4h
What does this mean for Kate? She will continue with her small portfolio of work, I am told, & focus on 'being a mother'. No rise in duties

Won't be good if that's true.
I think that's just fine. Her child (and his future siblings) should ALWAYS come first, no matter what. Mother's love can't be given by a nanny, teacher, or anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Personally, I hope she puts her main focus on being a wife and mother. She may have the available staff to take care of George but its my opinion that nothing compares to a mother that can and will dedicate herself primarily with her child.

(holds up a big sign reading "George First. Other Stuffs Second!"
Yep. You summed it up well (helps with the sign)

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prediction: we will see less, not more of Kate in the coming years, at least regarding official duties.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
I think William's disdain is a big problem! Noblesse oblige to be impartial... at least to look to be impartial.
Agree!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Prediction: we will see less, not more of Kate in the coming years, at least regarding official duties.
You are probably right. Charles and Cam are gearing up to taking over from the Queen and can't afford her as a distraction (Er...not to mention William's aversion to the media and full time official duties). She is also a mum and may be pregnant again soon. Yes, I think your prediction may be prove to be right.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
...Charles and Cam are gearing up to taking over from the Queen and can't afford her as a distraction...

This

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-08-2014, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

IMO Kate will be pregnant again and life the live of a housewife with little work, whether this is what she wants or others want her to I don't know.

What I do know is that this won't add to her popularity but to her lazy/workshy image.

Unfortunately her husband takes a step back instead of forward too, so there are both seen as 'reluctant'
Old 08-08-2014, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Cambridges are popular, KP, Clarence House nor even themselves seem to realise what they could do for the monarchy.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
IMO Kate will be pregnant again and life the life of a housewife with little work, whether this is what she wants or others want her to I don't know.

What I do know is that this won't add to her popularity but to her lazy/workshy image.

Unfortunately her husband takes a step back instead of forward too, so there are both seen as 'reluctant'

I totally agree with you with this. I am extremely disappointed and have really no more interest in following the two of them in the future. This one step forward and two steps back, indecisive, want to work, but maybe not, attitude is turning me off. It makes the whole interest in the BRF seem trivial.
When the Firm's own members seem to not want to be apart of their duties, it makes one wonder, what am I doing supporting them? This may reflect badly on public opinion.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

This desire some have to get her pregnant again is so disturbing. How about she will have more children of and when she and William want them.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
This desire some have to get her pregnant again is so disturbing. How about she will have more children of and when she and William want them.

It's not about the desire to get her pregnant, it's about the obvious signs that that's how this royal marriage is going to work for some years.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Cambridges are popular, KP, Clarence House nor even themselves seem to realise what they could do for the monarchy.
They do recognize it and it's Catherine The Queen is sending to represent her in Malta. She needs their help, have a great deal of confidence in them and she knows Catherine is ready to take on more roles within the "Firm."

I knew for some time that Catherine is ready to take on more duties. It's one of the reasons why I think her taking on some royal colonelcy of her own would do her some good to form a relationship with the armed services and not just with William's Irish regiment. I also think she could expand her charitable causes a bit. She'll have to be seen working while William is busy with the Air Ambulance.

Also, we all know the responsibility Catherine has as a mother and wife. I think everyone applaud her for being a hands on mother and that's very important. No one think she should drop all of that to focus on royal duties. What I'm focusing on his her roles outside of being a wife and mother. She can balance the two. The Countess of Wessex and many other young royal women have managed to balance the two very well and Catherine can do the same.

It won't be good to put the idea out there that Catherine won't be doing much while William is occupied with his job. It's not even realistic. She have to be seen doing her royal duties as well.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's not about the desire to get her pregnant, it's about the obvious signs that that's how this royal marriage is going to work for some years.
But isn't that the normal way marriages and parenthood, generally speaking, go? You have a baby, and a few years later another comes along. The Queen became Queen at such a young age and her very young family took back seat to her duties. That's how it goes, that's what was expected of her. Isn't it possible she is in favor of her grandson and granddaughter-in-law having time with their family while they are young and before William is next in line? Charles is the heir now, not William. I'm not understanding the outcry. But that's just me
Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Will's schedule will be "on call" or on a 3-day on and off like firemen, etc. operate. I went to the EAAA's website and he's top of the news, of course. If William had all that military training (although he was never in the first seat of a helicopter), he now needs 6 months' more training? An experienced pilot can get the "feel" of a new bird in about 2 weeks. Perhaps he is required to take medical training.

Could this mean there is trouble in Paradise...a forced (and disguised) separation? Does William feel he has to take on a dangerous job to be relevant? I know, I know, but this does have to do with "what next for Kate."

I think Kate will have a second child and that'll be it. No more will be required. Frankly, I'm with another poster that this pair is leaving me cold. I'll check back every once in a while to see if anything is going on.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I wonder if Will's schedule will be "on call" or on a 3-day on and off like firemen, etc. operate. I went to the EAAA's website and he's top of the news, of course. If William had all that military training (although he was never in the first seat of a helicopter), he now needs 6 months' more training? An experienced pilot can get the "feel" of a new bird in about 2 weeks. Perhaps he is required to take medical training....
William qualified to be a Sea King captain (the first seat) in June 2012.
For his new job he has to get an air transport pilot license. It requires several exams and a test flight. Flying is the helicopter is probably the easiest of the job. He is going to have to be more medically involved than he was as a SAR pilot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...next-year.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm also wondering what's next for Catherine? Being a wife and mother and having another baby at some point, well, that's her private life and business of course.

I'm more interested in the steps she will take in her royal roles and duties. The Queen giving her the job of representing her on a solo trip to Malta is a pretty big deal, as far as I'm concerned. The Queen seems very confident that Catherine can do the job and it says a lot about Catherine's confidence in herself too. I'm starting to wonder what she will do even after that? Perhaps taking on a few more patronages, conducting several engagements alone or with The Queen? Honorary military roles? Charitable presidencies?

With her about to embark on this solo trip next month, I'm thinking there's other big surprising roles for Catherine around the corner. I think she's proving that she's not just the beautiful wife by William's side but that she's up to the task of taking on official duties on her own too.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles