The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I totally agree with your entire post, but how do you know the part that I made bold?
Various articles discussing it. I take it with a grain of salt until it's officially announced, however she has obviously been doing her homework and meeting with various charities that interest her so no doubt something will be announced sooner rather than later as to her decision although I am sure she won't be making her first solo appearance until after the Jubilee.

Catherine making secret visits - report | Courier Mail

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge making secret visits - report | News.com.au

Kate Middleton: Next Big Step for Duchess of... | Gather

Old 09-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Here is the announcement fro The Prince of Wales website regarding the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's September 29th official appearance.

The Prince of Wales - Thursday 29th September 2011

Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge Won’t Go Solo Until 2012 « Royalty in the News
Old 09-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Aristocracy

Another article regarding Catherine's training:

Duchess of Cambridge given private lessons in workings of the State to groom her for senior Royal duties
Old 09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Courtier

Can someone explain why these meetings would be @ St. James palace? Their London home is KP, are there offices or something else that makes St. James more suitable than BP or Clarence house, even - I understand that their place in KP is quite small, but just curious why St. James.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Can someone explain why these meetings would be @ St. James palace? Their London home is KP, are there offices or something else that makes St. James more suitable than BP or Clarence house, even - I understand that their place in KP is quite small, but just curious why St. James.
Someone feel free to correct me, but I think because St. James Palace is where their office and staff are (by 'staff' I mean secretary and what have you).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Someone feel free to correct me, but I think because St. James Palace is where their office and staff are (by 'staff' I mean secretary and what have you).

That is correct. The office staff are located at St James' so this gives a more formal air to the meetings than those take place in a sitting room.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
That is correct. The office staff are located at St James' so this gives a more formal air to the meetings than those take place in a sitting room.
Thank you so much

Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

So this entire time Kate has been being taught how to go about things? There are certain people on other boards who insist she is lazy and is just sitting around the house watching tv and eating ice cream.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
So this entire time Kate has been being taught how to go about things? There are certain people on other boards who insist she is lazy and is just sitting around the house watching tv and eating ice cream.
We have absolutely no idea if she is lazy, likes sitting aroound the house or likes watching TV. What is certainly clear is that just because she is not being seen conducting public engagements does not mean that she is not doing work that is not necessarily in the public domain. This could entail attending meetings with various charities that she may be considering becoming involved in, and getting an understanding of the various institutions of state that the article in the Telegraph refers to. I suspect she is probably also getting some lessons on how the unwritten constitution of the UK works.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, it's certainly reasonable that while Kate is not in the public's view now, she's receiving instruction in the various aspects of her role and functions as an upcoming senior member of the Royal Family. Taking a break from public engagements doesn't mean she isn't working assiduously behind the scenes. I'm glad that she is getting such careful preparation; she's got a long life of public service ahead of her.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Kate to hold meetings with top aides for lessons in how to be a royal

Read more: Kate Middleton to hold meetings with top aides for lessons in how to be a royal | Mail Online
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

The palace seem to be doing everything possible to make sure Catherine is well prepared for her life as a working royal and future Queen. Obviously they have learned from the Diana & Sarah fiascos and want to be sure history doesnt repeat itself. Seems perfectly reasonable and not something she should be criticized for.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
That is correct. Her life is made up of sitting on her bum, watching telly and shopping. Of course we haven't actually SEEN her watching TV, but that doesn't matter since she hasn't been SEEN working with advisors and researching charitible causes she wants to take on, meeting with charities, studying welsh, etc.... Therefore, sitting around watching the telly is the only logical explaination that will be accepted. Oh...and she shops. Of course we can't be certain that pushing an empty cart through a grocery parking isn't just a photo op to disguise her telly obsession since we didn't actually SEE groceries in it. However, we can be certain that the other pics of her shopping in London are real since based on the fact that it fits her frivilous lazy existence.

Amazing isn't it? All other Royal brides have been allowed time to adjust and start their solo appearances within a 2 year time frame and shadow their husbands in the interim as they learn the ropes. But not Catherine.. She was William's girlfriend for 8 years and accomanied him to weddings and social functions. Training enough! Get to work!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
It would seem that they finally have a process in place for anyone that becomes part of the family. It's about time...
Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Found this on my twitter, via Clarence House:

The Prince of Wales - An update: The Duchess of Cambridge's plans for the next few months

I'm glad to hear that she's taking it slow. She'll be more prepared and feel more confident at the end.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Nobility

I recall William saying at their engagement interview, that lessons had been learned from the past. So it certainly makes sensce to me, that she is gradually introduced to her future role.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

And here is the official news release about it:

The Prince of Wales - An update: The Duchess of Cambridge's plans for the next few months.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
I recall William saying at their engagement interview, that lessons had been learned from the past. So it certainly makes sensce to me, that she is gradually introduced to her future role.
It also makes sense to me, but that is the point that the hard-to-please critics fall over: she has been his girlfriend for 8 years prior to marrying, she has seen and heard things, so what the heck must she be introduced to?

Some people forget that there is a difference between seeing and hearing things and actually being a part of something.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a definitely different perspective when you're on the outside looking in as opposed to being thrown in the thick of things and experiencing them firsthand!

Closed Thread

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles