The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
But then Daniel married an already working Crown Princess while Catherine married a husband who works in 24-hour shifts on a remote island location who can only do some Royal or charity duties on his days off. So if she chooses to be with her husband and not be alone in London representing the RF it's fine with me. In fact, they only want to live this life till 2013 - so I wish the public would grant them this time whole-heartedly.
Totally agree as to Daniel's situation and, more to the point, Victoria is the heir, the Crown Princess, the NEXT reigning Queen of Sweden.

William and Catherine's situation is totally different. William in NOT the heir but the heir's heir. I think all those baying for Catherine to perform to their exacting standards should take a chill pill and get real.

Firstly she is a new bride and as such deserves the right to get used to married life, specifically married to a royal shift worker!

Secondly, the Queen Mother had the opportunity to have start a family and have some degree of "normal" family life. In as far as possible the same was granted to Princess Elizabeth when Philip was posted to Malta. Diana got dumped in the deep end . . . . new husband, new family, new fishbowl life. The BRF are in no hurry to repeat that mistake.

Thirdly, they have more chance of starting a family in a semi-normal situation than under the microscope of the demanding media and forum members. We have only to look at the incredible pressure, stress and downright ugliness of "The Great Swedish Belly Watch" to see how NOT to treat this newly married couple.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

I agree, but a lot of people don't see it at way.I have no problem with the two having about a year off so they can get acclimated while they do one or two functions. I want Catherine to be well adjusted but I really think she and William have renewed interest and respect for the monarchy and I hope they use it to their advantage, while the momentum swings their way!

[quote/] Thirdly, they have more chance of starting a family in a semi-normal situation than under the microscope of the demanding media and forum members. We have only to look at the incredible pressure, stress and downright ugliness of "The Great Swedish Belly Watch" to see how NOT to treat this newly married couple.[/QUOTe]

No argument there. I subscribe to the Swedish threads as they are my second favorite monarchy. Boy they are tough. Even pre-engagement they were talking some foul things about Daniel and Victoria and now they are married, they've started in on that too!

"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-15-2011, 02:46 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Duchess of Cambridge Patron of Starlight

Kate Middleton plans to help girls become princesses for a day

...to become a patron of Starlight, a charity that aims to brighten the lives of seriously ill children...
Full article
Old 05-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

...to become a patron of Starlight, a charity that aims to brighten the lives of seriously ill children...
Full article
A nice idea but Starlight already has a royal patron, it's Princess Alexandra. They need to get her to resign before asking Kate to do it!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Unless Princess Alexandra has already given up the patronage and Catherine has taken over. No real surprise to be honest.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Administrator

If there has been a change, I would imagine it would be announced by Clarence House.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling

Full article
Well obviously she and the Duke have been involved with this charity before so it's good she continues to do so....was this the charity that had the roller disco event? Can a charity not have 2 royal patrons?
My guess is she will still help as before but is not actually becoming a patron, obviously William does work with them without being a patron
Old 05-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton to help sick children’s dreams come true
Article
Old 05-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

How wonderful that Kate is helping these kids, and when I went to Starlight's homepage and read about William's meeting with little Lydia, I teared up, and got a lump in my throat!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Administrator

If Catherine is going to be Patron of Wimbledon, I can't imagine it happening right away.

The Kent branch (Marina, Edward and Katharine) have served that particular organization VERY WELL for many years. I wouldnt expect that they would ditch them for Catherine. But since the Duke is getting older, while he wont' retire just cut back on some of his duties, I can see Catherine picking it up in a couple of years.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

But even if she doesn't patronise the event, can't she still attend?

My fingers are crossed for a Murray/Nadal show down which should bring all the Brits out!
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Of course she can attend, anyone can.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Administrator

She can definitely attend the events and has done in the past prior to her marriage.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she attends. On American sports and broadcasting channels they never show the royal box at the games.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Unfortunately she will not be there for the finals as they will be in Canada by then.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

Will Tim Henman make Kate Queen of Wimbledon? | Mail Online

With the female finals taking place on 2 July, I really don't think so.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

And the usual nasty comments from the DM readers. Do these people have nothing else to do but follow stories in the DM on the DOC and snarl????
Old 06-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

Catherine's suitability to become Queen?

do you think she has what it takes?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Commoner

There isn't really any special qualifications, as queen consort she just need to support her husband - I'm suppose we'll see how good she's doing it as time pass.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemonaco View Post
do you think she has what it takes?
She's proven she can stand at William's side and support him through and through. Anything else is just icing on the cake...oh and we know she'll look gorgeous in tiaras :)

Closed Thread

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles