The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Majesty

The last time I saw any report of her being in Wales was when she went camping with the scouts back in February - since then only shopping in London, near Sandringham or near Bucklebury and the very occasional engagement.

I have seen only reports of her being with William on official duties of which he has done hardly any this year and even then alone or with others not just with Kate.

Please provide the links to show that she has been in Wales - I have read every report I can find so must have missed these.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I imagine this will probably be moved since it's more about Kate than the BRF's engagements, but here's some links. On some of the links, you might have to scroll down to get to the info.

Kate spotted in Anglesey the week of May 9th

Easter in Anglesey.

Another link about Easter.

Grocery shopping March 23rd.

I was looking through links and she's really only been spotted shopping or walking around London a couple dozen times in the last year. A lot of those times are in a space of a few days or around the time of her engagements, then we won't get a sightings of her for weeks. So she could be anywhere during the times we don't see or hear about her. Plus we have no way of knowing how often William traveled/travels to see her when she's in London (especially during the time she spent in London while recovering from HG). I've only seen a few mentions of Kate being in Bucklebury. The last sighting was in February.

As for William only being with Kate on official functions, well he's been in London for the last week, so it's safe to assume that they were together. Not to mention they were together for the Switzerland wedding, Cheltenham, their vacation to Mustique, her birthday and all the other times that the media/public aren't aware of.

Here are a couple of other links about William and Kate spending time together.

Lunch the day after William Van Custem's wedding

William and Kate having having dinner in London on April 27th - the weekend of their second wedding anniversary.

There are a few more sightings of them together, but I don't feel like finding them right now. Like I said before, just because we don't see them or hear reports about their whereabouts, doesn't mean that they aren't together. Or that she has abandoned Wales. The media and public only see a small bit of their lives and aren't privy to every little detail.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Courtier

^Some people like to believe that they are only a couple in name only
Old 05-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
^Some people like to believe that they are only a couple in name only
Same people who like to troll.

Just read on Twitter that William AND Catherine seen in Anglesey today.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Majesty

Now that we see William stepping up his role within the "Firm", I wonder what roles will Catherine take on? I know she's busy being a new mother but I'm just wondering if her military Colonelships coming soon? Presidencies?....

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

Im thinking she will be taking on more charities and attending alot more ceremonies. I think she will be more visible now that the maternity leave is about done or is done. I hope to see her and William for that matter attend state dinners in all their glory. What an exciting time for them.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Majesty

First off they have to have a State Dinner - haven't had one this year - had a State Luncheon but other than The Queen and Philip the next senior royals to attend were Edward and Sophie.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Well, heres to hoping then.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Majesty

There's a State Visit at Buckingham Palace next month. Maybe they will attend.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Now that we see William stepping up his role within the "Firm", I wonder what roles will Catherine take on? I know she's busy being a new mother but I'm just wondering if her military Colonelships coming soon? Presidencies?....
Good questions. There are likely more patronages related to the ones in the Royal Foundation that she will take on. Also in the future as some of the royal patrons retire, then Catherine might pick up some of those roles as well.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Good questions. There are likely more patronages related to the ones in the Royal Foundation that she will take on. Also in the future as some of the royal patrons retire, then Catherine might pick up some of those roles as well.
My thoughts are that as a new mother, she will be working with the charities and patronages she has now and those with the Royal Foundation with Will and Harry. I don't think we're going to be overloaded much with Kate as a solo figure with presidencies and such until she is Duchess of Cornwall/Princess of Wales. This gives her leeway to raise George and be viewed more as a consort and partner as part of "Team Cambridge" and part of the Royal Foundation.

I don't think the goal is to ever make Kate a prime solo focus. We saw that happen and where it went with Diana. TBH, I think that would also be the last thing that Kate would want too.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Majesty

I have no doubt that Catherine's focus is on being William's support and being a mother but as a senior member of the royal family, she will gain some colonelships and honorary regimental roles. None of that will distract Catherine from supporting William and being a mother. It's all honorary roles, not active duty role.

I'm just wondering if these roles will be given to her within the next year? I think she has gain a great deal of experience with sharing regimental duties with William when it comes down to the Irish Guards. I think it's time for her to have her own regiments that she will serve as colonel and commodore. The same kind of roles that The Queen, Camilla, Sophie and many other members of the family currently have.

I'm hoping Catherine will take on becoming Colonel in Chief of The Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. It's a role that was once shared between Diana and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark as they were Allied Colonels-in-Chiefs. Queen Margrethe continues her role as the regiment's Colonel-in-Chief but she's getting older and don't make it over to the UK all that often. I think it would be wonderful if Catherine took on the role from the British royal family.

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles