The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Where is the problem? That 2 body guards went with her? We know that she is protected. Same for Camilla wherever she goes.

Catherine one day will be Queen of England, it is normal to take care of her.
As regards her moving to Clarence House IMO it is a communication trick to show how good is her relation with the in-laws. I remember a long boring article about a lunch she had with Camilla.
And another about beauty tips given to DoC by Camilla (!!!!).

Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

My argument was with the Daily Mail for inserting a piece of information simply to cause trouble. With the readers of royal articles on the DM always complaining about taxpayers money, it seems to me they did it for the comments.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Nobility

Are there any photos yet of her on holiday even just a peep?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
... [snipped]
Sorry but with the weather in England, anybody who volunteers to holiday here in Winter is loopy. A much needed economy boost? Two extra guests isn't going to save a company or hotel in the long run. I can't imagine Catherine and William publishing what hotel they would have stayed in, so publicity for the place would be out of the question too.
Middletons and William have i'm presuming paid for themselves to fly first class and stay in Mustique, so if you can afford it why not spend some time away? Even commoners do it, and as this royal couple have claimed numerous times they are trying to be as normal as possible.
I doubt William and Catherine going on holiday abroad will make the public instantly hate the monarchy, even at the height of the Diana troubles the monarchy was still extremely popular. My issue is with the DM stirring trouble when it's not needed.
[my bolding]
The couple in question can enjoy their holiday on sunny shores, whereas the DM can stir troubles when it's not needed. Why not? The life is not fair.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She's on a private vacation with her family and William now, we won't be seeing any photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
[my bolding]
The couple in question can enjoy their holiday on sunny shores, the DM can stir troubles when it's not needed.
And I can express my opinion about how it's ridiculous. I think i'll end this here.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The bodyguards would be paid regardless of where Catherine is, be it in Wales, or Inverness or London or the Isle of Wight.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness

The taxpayer bodyguard is there where she is in Mustique or in Wales. The amount of security for the royal family pails in comparsion in what the Secret Service does for US President. (3 million for his trip to Hawaii for Christmas).

January is a slow time of the year for royal engagements. The schedule picks up in Feb after the Queen comes back from Sandringham which she doesn't do until after Feb 6 - Accession Day.

The work that royals do is not what us normal people would call work. It going to performances, opening things, plant trees, visiting different charities. But would you like to have to work for your whole life and have cameras follow you everytime you work. Have everything you wear, say, do followed by the whole world. Imagine the scandal if a royal attending a event falls alseep during a performance of some dance troop, chorus, business conference, etc.

A lot of what Kate did last fall was not seen, there were hundred of charities that wanted her to join them. Sept 21, 2011 - Prince of Wales Website - "The Duchess of Cambridge is using the next few months to get to know a number of charitable causes and institutions related to national life better, so she can make well informed decisions about her future role. She plans to meet a wide range of people and to make some private visits according to a programme that is being drawn up for The Duchess by the Household. This programme has only recently begun, and consists as much of meetings at St. James’s Palace and private research as it does of visiting sites on the ground. There is no firm end date to this process so The Duchess will only make announcements about future Patronages or formal links with charities and organisations when the time is right."

That is what happen. A camera phone shot of her at the Art Room and a little burb about her being spotted at London museums was all the press coverage there was. But, when the charities were announced, we found out she went to the hospice in Cambridge, etc.

Also don't forget what the Queen did in her early married life- she went to Malta with Phillip and was a naval wife. It is said that the times in Malta was a one of the happiest periods of the Queen's life. Why she should she deny her grandson and his new wife the same experience ? William & Kate has years of royal duties ahead of them when they become Prince & Princess of Wales & King & Queen.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Prince Charles and Camilla have invited Kate to spend time with them when William is posted to the Falklands next month so she will not be lonely.
Friends say Kate, 30, is ‘dreading’ William’s six-week absence on a tour

Read more: Camilla opens door to Kate when William is away in the Falklands | Mail Online
Actually, this is old news. It was initially reported several weeks ago, and it was quickly denied by Clarence House.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Clarence House denied something this futile? I found a similar from 11th December, but nothing to say Clarence denied it. Seems logical for Camilla and Charles to extend their hospitality to their daughter in law.
Also - Eugenie and her boyfriend are in Mustique at the moment.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Royal Highness

I criticized Kate and I will criticize Eugenie, even more cause she's not a working royal and enjoys this type of lifestyle just because her father is a prince. Honesty, I think that protection should be at the same level for everyone, Edward lost it, Andrew and his family should lost it too.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My argument was with the Daily Mail for inserting a piece of information simply to cause trouble. With the readers of royal articles on the DM always complaining about taxpayers money, it seems to me they did it for the comments.
And they consistently do this. Of course they are always successful in bringing out all the resentful whiners.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The work that royals do is not what us normal people would call work. It going to performances, opening things, plant trees, visiting different charities. But would you like to have to work for your whole life and have cameras follow you everytime you work. Have everything you wear, say, do followed by the whole world. Imagine the scandal if a royal attending a event falls alseep during a performance of some dance troop, chorus, business conference, etc.
First off, thanks Skippyboo for one of very few postings of reason and facts I've read over the last fifteen minutes. Spot on!!

As for the bolded portion...That actually has happened. Does anyone else remember the furor that took place after Diana fell asleep in her chair during Charles' speech at an event they attended in mid November 1981? To say she was being roasted over the coals is a wee bit of an understatement. Then the next day came the announcement that William was on his way. Considering how tiring the first trimester can be for some women, and from what I've heard over the years Diana was one of those, her falling asleep at that event then made sense.

So it has happened.

Second...I love, not, how certain posters around here are missing something that's so fantastic, my Parents even picked up on it w/out me saying a thing. Then again, if that happened, then we wouldn't have to wade through all the bitter crap that's popped up, would we? There's a huge difference between criticzing and having a twisted agenda against someone you don't even know.

What have you vicious little people missed? Oh, just the fact that Kate's having a holiday w/her Family!!

Haven't all of us hoped that when William and Kate both said Kate's Family would be just as important as William's Royal side in the Marriage, that it wouldn't be wishful thinking, and that Kate's Family really would be part of their lives in a way we haven't seen in the past? I mean...When's the last time in the first year of a Royal Marriage the Holidays were split so the couple in question could celebrate w/both sides of the Family? To my knowledge, it's never happened before. Once at Sandringham, they stayed at Sandringham.

Nope, to see that William and Kate left Sandringham after the Christmas celebrations, and after making sure Prince Phillip was doing well after he was able to leave the Hospital, to spend New Year's w/Kate's Family. Now they're off to have a Holiday w/Kate's Family. When's the last time that's happened after a Royal Wedding? Has it ever happened? I can't remember if it has or not, but I'm thinking not.

I get Kate's going to get criticized, but dear Lord there's a difference between actual deserved criticism for something horrible a person's done and what I've had to read on this thread over the weekend. When you're so desprate to hack into someone, you miss something as obvious as what I've pointed out, that's not criticism. That's a sad agenda and not exactly very complimentary towards the ones who keep posting this way.

And now...I'm off to add some people to my Ignore list.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Clarence House denied something this futile? I found a similar from 11th December, but nothing to say Clarence denied it. Seems logical for Camilla and Charles to extend their hospitality to their daughter in law.
Also - Eugenie and her boyfriend are in Mustique at the moment.
Yes, they did deny it. Clarence House has inexplicitly begun denying inaccuracies.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Courtier

what I said before, I regret, please ignore it. thanks
Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

I remember reading many years ago that someone once asked Diana what it was like to be a princess. The response was something like "imagine going to two or three weddings as day - AS THE BRIDE! That's what it's like."
Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
When it comes to the public opinion, the royals must tread very cautiously. Public adoration could turn into public dislike fast. One might argue that Duke and Duchess of Cambridge could have gone to holiday locally and, thus, contributed to a much-needed economic boost of a particular area.
But the taxpayers are paying for 24/7 security regardless of where they are. That is the reality of their lives and I am sure not one member of the Royal family particularly enjoys it. If it wasn't for terrorism, over zealous paparazzi and for those that take their irrational venom to another level, it wouldn't be necessary.

And yes....one may argue they could take a holiday locally, however this holiday was planned by the Middletons. They are simply joining them.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The arrival of the Duchess of Cambridge and her family on the privately owned island of Mustique has upset fellow holidaymakers

Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, jets off to Mustique for family holiday | Mail Online
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post

I don't need to be the insider, it's so visible that she work less than she can. She doesn't work 9-5 so she's better that middle class? No, she's not. She just fortunately married a man who is the prince. But it doesn't mean that Kate must lower her work standards.
Why not look at it this way? She is now working as a Royal 24/365 because she can never really back out of her role, she will always be followed by Protection Officers, even at night she must try to become the mother of the next in line... ().

tHat's the main difference between being a Royal and being one of the work force: a worker only sells the time he is working and can do what he or she wants in the rest of the time. A Royal must all the time be concious of who he or she is and what this means in terms of representation of a traditional institution. Catherine brought herself into the "firm" when she married and this completely, body, soul, life till her death. You know, it's a bit much to ask of her to do more!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
A Royal must all the time be concious of who he or she is and what this means in terms of representation of a traditional institution.
You can't really count behaving in the correct manner as work, that's just common sense.

I think that Catherine and William have gone about this 'work' thing the wrong way. They claimed they weren't going to take part in royal working life until William had finished his training. They were going to stay in Wales and be a 'normal' couple. But following that, since their marriage they've been seen at numerous non annual royal events, and announcements have been made for new charities and patronages for the pair. So we now have the expectation that they will be doing something. Either be the military couple and only appear at the annual royal events or take part in royal engagements daily and not just movie premieres and overseas tours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
Yes, they did deny it. Clarence House has inexplicitly begun denying inaccuracies.
Could you show me where you read that Clarence House denied it?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
You can't really count behaving in the correct manner as work, that's just common sense.

I think that Catherine and William have gone about this 'work' thing the wrong way. They claimed they weren't going to take part in royal working life until William had finished his training. They were going to stay in Wales and be a 'normal' couple. But following that, since their marriage they've been seen at numerous non annual royal events, and announcements have been made for new charities and patronages for the pair. So we now have the expectation that they will be doing something. Either be the military couple and only appear at the annual royal events or take part in royal engagements daily and not just movie premieres and overseas tours.
Exactly since everything they do apart from the annual royal events is the fluffy celebrity glam stuff such like movie premiers, and when it comes to the "serious" work they prefer to be the military couple in Wales.

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles