The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #261  
Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
What does that have to do with what I said?
You suggest that The Queen will not become personally involved with the progression of Catherine as a royal spouse due to generation divide as well as custom...I believe

I am suggesting that The Queen will become personally involved despite the generational divide and despite custom due to the important roles William and Catherine will have in the future


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If Sophie recieved no guidance, I don't see why Kate would recieve any.

Because Sophie is not expected to someday be the Queen Consort...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
Because Sophie is not expected to someday be the Queen Consort...
Diana was expected to be the future Queen, she never recieved any training.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Diana was expected to be the future Queen, she never recieved any training.
That is why I said what I said. She never gave Diana any advice or whatsoever, so because she didn't do it with Diana it is certain she won't do it with Catherine either?
Aka history will repeat itself?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
You suggest that The Queen will not become personally involved with the progression of Catherine as a royal spouse due to generation divide as well as custom...I believe

I am suggesting that The Queen will become personally involved despite the generational divide and despite custom due to the important roles William and Catherine will have in the future

I did not suggest, or did not mean to suggest, that the Queen will not become personally involved with Catherine's royal progression.
I just meant to suggest that, as how I see it, the Queen will not be her primary source for advice and such, not like how she should have been for Diana and Sarah. Catherine will have her husband for that.

And Diana and Sarah, as wives of Charles and Andrew, were much left on their own because their husbands had their own careers (Sarah/Andrew) or didn't really know how to deal with things (Diana/Charles).

In that respect I think Catherine will not be left on her own in the same way, I think William will be much more supportive and he appears to already being so.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
That is why I said what I said. She never gave Diana any advice or whatsoever, so because she didn't do it with Diana it is certain she won't do it with Catherine either?
Aka history will repeat itself?
I don't see any reason why it would change?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't see any reason why it would change?
All I can say (again) is that people can learn from their mistakes and want to do it better next time.
Not saying it is so in this case, but it could be.

The only person able to answer this question is the Queen herself and she won't ever do that.

What happens in that field concerning Catherine and the Queen remains to be seen, imo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
That is why I said what I said. She never gave Diana any advice or whatsoever, so because she didn't do it with Diana it is certain she won't do it with Catherine either?
Aka history will repeat itself?
And that is why I said what I said also...she, The Queen, will do everything she can to have history not repeat itself...hence the personal involvement with Catherine's progression

Consider it wisdom in her old age, the 80's (Catherine) vs. the 50's (Diana)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,086
Are you saying that because the Queen didn't get involved with Diana's progression into being a Princess, that resulted in the divorce and the tragedies that went with it. Because that's absurd.
The Queen didn't get involved with Sarah, Diana or Sophie no matter who they were married to and you can't blame two failed marriages on the Queen.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,160
Okay...its time to move on.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Are you saying that because the Queen didn't get involved with Diana's progression into being a Princess, that resulted in the divorce and the tragedies that went with it. Because that's absurd.
The Queen didn't get involved with Sarah, Diana or Sophie no matter who they were married to and you can't blame two failed marriages on the Queen.

No I'm not...moving on

Catherine's role for the next year or so should be primarily participation in as many royal events as possible...Trooping the Colour, garden parties, Royal Ascot, etc.

Also some appearances at small venues on behalf of the Queen say three or four a month...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 804
Much of what Catherine will do after the wedding remains to be seen. She has been an amazingly private public girlfriend and is imo still very much so, even though now engaged. I think she should be allowed to grow into her role, not be thrown into the pond.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
Wow.........
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 2,789
We all learn by observing and so will Kate. I just think she will be less than enthusiastic about royal work. William is also not enthusiastic about royal work, so if they turn out to be a matched pair, we may never see them after the wedding!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Much of what Catherine will do after the wedding remains to be seen. She has been an amazingly private public girlfriend and is imo still very much so, even though now engaged. I think she should be allowed to grow into her role, not be thrown into the pond.
Perhaps you are correct...garden parties maybe a bit too burdensome for a rookie
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
We all learn by observing and so will Kate. I just think she will be less than enthusiastic about royal work. William is also not enthusiastic about royal work, so if they turn out to be a matched pair, we may never see them after the wedding!!!
With the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics both being held next year I highly doubt if any member of the royal family, including William and Catherine, would be allowed to not participate in a sensible amount of both formal and non-formal duties.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
With the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics both being held next year I highly doubt if any member of the royal family, including William and Catherine, would be allowed to not participate in a sensible amount of both formal and non-formal duties.
Other than QEII and Prince Charles appearing at the opening ceremony, I don't see why any other royals would be there unless is a private capacity.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:48 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Diana was expected to be the future Queen, she never recieved any training.
Right- and I think the point trying to be made us the Queen may act differently then she did with Diana because if the lessons learned from Dianas lack of support, please correct me if this was not the attempted point

Edit- never mind I see this was addressed in later posts :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:06 PM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Who are "all the prior royal brides"? Diana and Sarah?
Diana, Sarah, Sophie...as well as the grooms of Snowden, Phillips and Lawrence. She just let them 'get on with it'. Also, because William and Kate have been together many years, I would think they will have a baby soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 866
Catherine's most important duty

After their wedding, the most important duty for William and Catherine is to build a strong marriage. After the last 30 years of divorce and scandal, the future of the Monarchy is at stake. Think of it- three out of four of the Queen's children have had unhappy marriages, all with at least some scandal attached.

It seems likely that 30 or more years will go by before William becomes King. And if those 30 are also filled with messy private lives which become public, support for the Monarchy will lag.

It is fortuitous that William's career will keep the newlyweds somewhat isolated for the next few years. The privacy will allow the couple to figure out what marriage means and how to make theirs a strong one. It doesn't matter how many years they have been cohabiting- adjusting to marriage is complex.

Making their marriage a real one, and (probably) starting a 'happy family' is far more important than shaking hands and serving as a patron for various charities. Catherine is young and lovely, and her Prince adores her. For the next few years, that should be enough. She and he have many decades to shake hands and serve as patrons for dozens of charities. No doubt they will assume some royal duties almost immediately, but they shouldn't be expected or encouraged to do hundreds of events a year right away.

Preserving the monarchy is their foremost duty. And we should keep in mind that both William and Henry are engaged in inherently dangerous occupations. G-d forbid that either or both of them should come to harm. Can you say, "King Andrew and Queen Sarah" ?

(Yes, I know that Sarah and Andrew are divorced, but they are not totally detached from one another.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Sherlock221B's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Other than QEII and Prince Charles appearing at the opening ceremony, I don't see why any other royals would be there unless is a private capacity.
I do think William & Catherine will make an appearance at least at some soccer events and not just to watch the games given his role.

For the Jubilee I doubt if there won't be a parade or a concert or perhaps a dinner that their presence will be requested...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charities, charity, duchess of cambridge, duties, kate, kate middleton, roles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duties and Roles of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie HighGoalHighDreams The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 1606 06-24-2014 12:59 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]