The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Official or not Kate was there for the Goring's 105th birthday. Pics all over Twitter

I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5 min5 minuti fa
The Duchess of Cambridge visited @TheGoring Hotel today. The hotel unveiled their newly refurbished design

ColdstreamGuardsBand ‏@ColdstreamBand 51 min51 minuti fa

Formed up at @TheGoring hotel for the arrival of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #royalty #armylife #london
https://twitter.com/ColdstreamBand/status/572376779433902080/photo/1

Not an official engagement. Not in the Court Circular for the 2nd MArch

Not an official engagement. Not in the Court Circular for the 2nd MArch

And I take back my comment about the Coldstream Band. They took the Goring post off their Twitter page. Thank makes me think the appearance was a fundraiser or favor rather than an official engagement.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

And I take back my comment about the Coldstream Band. They took the Goring post off their Twitter page. Thank makes me think the appearance was a fundraiser or favor rather than an official engagement.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Yes, it seems that Kate was there in a private capacity. She was invited to the party given on occasion of the new refurbishing...:flowers:

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 24m
On Thursday 12th March, The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of the award-winning @DowntonAbbey @EalingStudios #DuchessAtDownton

On Thursday 12th March, The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of the award-winning @DowntonAbbey @EalingStudios #DuchessAtDownton
I'm so stoked !! :) Iiiiiih, so happy!! Love that Kate is a fan of the show, and Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) when asked who's her favorite royal said Kate. Must be a really nice meeting for them :)

Good on her! She will be quite busy this month, just like in April 2013 when she did a lot of engagements in a row...

Following in Sophie's footsteps I see. I am jealous as I really want to go to Highclerte Castle.

I know Catherine must be overly excited for this upcoming visit to Downton.

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Among the #DowntonAbbey cast Kate will meet on March 12 include Dame Maggie Smith, Lord & Lady Grantham, Mrs Hughes, Mrs Patmore & Daisy.

This is quite exciting for Catherine, as well as for the cast of 'Downton Abbey'. The show has been getting a good amount of attention from the members of the BRF.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 29m 29 minutes ago
Kate during her visit to The Goring Hotel (via @TheGoring)
https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/status/573543207046279168

The red pillow for the royal paintbrush cracks me up.

Edit - and there is a better look at the animals on which she is working at this tweet:
Laura Ivill @lauraivill · 5h 5 hours ago
Wowed by the handpainted Fromental wallpaper @TheGoring last night. Raises the bar #NewGoring
https://twitter.com/lauraivill/status/573486311857909760/photo/1

Last edited:
I'm so jealous that Kate gets to visit the set of Downtown Abbey. I love that show.

It looks like next week will be a busy one for Kate. She'll be out on the 9th, 11th, 12th and 13th.

I know Catherine must be overly excited for this upcoming visit to Downton.

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Among the #DowntonAbbey cast Kate will meet on March 12 include Dame Maggie Smith, Lord & Lady Grantham, Mrs Hughes, Mrs Patmore & Daisy.

I am so jealous! Talk about magic!

Last edited:
She can bring George to meet little George Crawley!!

At least she's not visiting The World of James Herriot with Robert Hardy. Then, I'd really be jealous!

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

Tell me I wasn't the only one thinking back to the last time we saw Kate leaving the Goring when seeing those pictures? :)

***That's what I get for posting at the same as listening to Blue Jays Baseball for the first time this year. A post that wasn't quite making sense. Eeeek!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Middleton carries out engagements in Margate - hellomagazine.com

Duchess of Cambridge looking radiant in Margate | Meridian - ITV News
The Duchess of Cambridge looked radiant as she arrived in Margate today, wearing an animal print dress, in one of her last official engagements.

The Duchess is visiting an exhibition at the Turner Contemporary and an exhibition at Resort Studios to meet artists.

The Duchess will visit the 'Self: Image and Identity' exhibition, which includes the last self-portrait by Sir Anthony Van Dyck, which was secured for the nation by the National Portrait Gallery following a public appeal.

Last edited:
Video: Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, chooses spotty dress for visit to windy Margate - Telegraph

Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton visits Turner Contemporary gallery | World | News | Daily Express
Kate, who is eight months pregnant with her second child, wore a Dalmatian print coat by high street chain Hobbs which she was last seen in at the naming of a cruise liner in Southampton in June 2013 at a similar stage of her pregnancy with Prince George.The engagement is the latest in a long run of events the Duchess has attended while pregnant.

On Monday she wore a pink Alexander McQueen coat which she had previously sported at Trooping the Colour again at a similar stage in her first pregnancy.

Wrapped up against the chilly sea breeze, the thrifty Duchess, who is patron of the National Portrait Gallery, visited Turner Contemporary, Margate, during a busy week of royal engagements.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge visited one of the UK's leading art galleries today, meeting artists whose work is exhibited there and members of the community. The Duchess viewed the Self: Image and Identity exhibition at the Turner Contemporary in Margate, Kent. .

Home - ITNSource News

British Royals @britishroyals · 14m 14 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the set of #DowntonAbbey at Ealing Studios tomorrow & meet the cast including Dame Maggie Smith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to see that there is footage of Kate with the artists themselves and the kids working on their collages.

Video: Kate Middleton sees life below stairs on Downton Abbey studio visit - Telegraph

Pregnant Kate poses with the stars of hit show for family photo | Daily Mail Online
They ought to be getting used to royal visits by now. Barely a week after the Countess of Wessex visited the set with the Mexican First Lady in tow, the stars of Downton Abbey had another regal guest - this time, the Duchess of Cambridge.

During her tour Kate, who is due to give birth in less than six weeks, was shown into the wardrobe department and the make-up room before watching a scene from series six being filmed.

Kate, 33, has long been a fan of the ITV drama and famously revealed that she watches the show with husband Prince William during a conversation with actress Jessica Findlay-Brown in 2011.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom