The Dss of Cambridge as Patron of the National Portrait Gallery 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
And her hair looks fine and curls like that take a lot of work.

Hardly unstyled. The style may not be to everyone's taste, but she definitely has a hairdresser working on her hair.

I wonder when she is going to get a hair stylist because it is clear from this look that she doesn't have one. It looks like she didn't even bother to wash her hair - as it looks very greasy. It hasn't been brushed properly.

This woman seriously needs help in the way she dresses and looks as she is a huge failure in these areas.

As a result the entire look is off as we can't see the necklace which should have been clearly visible.

The see-through nature of the dress also means she should have worn a decent petticoat as seeing her legs through the dress isn't appropriate at an official function for the future Queen.

That dress is fully lined with a ink.dark blue chiffon overlay. Her legs are not visible IMO

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/11/article-2557090-1B6640BB00000578-295_470x958.jpg

The black lining is obvious in this picture.

The hair was obviously curled for the event but the atmosphere in London is very damp and as she never seems to use hairspray its probably dropped. That said, I'd have preferred an "up-do" but I still think she look good.

The neckline on the dress compliments the beautiful necklace. I wish she'd worn her hair back to set off the jewelry better. The color is a tried and true favorite of hers.

Daria_S, so sorry you didn't get to see her in person, but I hope you will in the future. (Just leave the husband at home, they never understand).

I think she looks good. I love the dress and I wish my husband's grandmother had such wonderful jewelry and was generous with it!

Catherine has lovely hair and wearing it loose is a good look for her. With this particular dress and necklace though I think it would have been even more attractive if she had worn her hair up or even half up.

Catherine's hair style does a great injustice to the Queen's necklace and Kate's earrings, I'm totally over the 'hair around the face thing" yes a loose chignon or half up and half down would have made her look like the princess she is, not a good look Catherine IMO:bang:

Love the dress! Definately has a lining..can't imagine the DoC going out in public in anything see thru.

I do wish the hair was more up but it's her style, signature style evidently so I suspect we won't often see it up.

LaRae

I wonder when she is going to get a hair stylist because it is clear from this look that she doesn't have one. It looks like she didn't even bother to wash her hair - as it looks very greasy. It hasn't been brushed properly.

This woman seriously needs help in the way she dresses and looks as she is a huge failure in these areas.

As a result the entire look is off as we can't see the necklace which should have been clearly visible.

The see-through nature of the dress also means she should have worn a decent petticoat as seeing her legs through the dress isn't appropriate at an official function for the future Queen.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: A petticoat?!?! SERIOUSLY?! Have we all time-travelled and I missed it?

:eek: Kate looks a total mess! She shouldn't be allowed to dress herself or organise her own hair styling. She has no idea what is appropriate. If she doesn't have nous to work out that that loose, floppy, unstyled messy hairdo is completely inappropriate for that gown and that class of jewellery, she shouldn't be allowed to wear it. What was HM thinking?! :confused:

The dress itself is stunning, and the necklace is stunning, but she is insulting both the gown and the jewels by her hair and her makeup. She doesn't have a clue. What is she doing in that job?

:bang:

Before everyone gets their own knickers in a twist over Iluvbertie 's usage of petticoat, I believe she was referring to a full-length slip. While petticoat is a more old-fashioned term, it is synonymous with that undergarment. And I have to say that I'm not enthralled by the look, either. The gown and especially that statement necklace should have had a more sophisticated hairstyle to do them justice.

Last edited:
:eek: Kate looks a total mess! She shouldn't be allowed to dress herself or organise her own hair styling. She has no idea what is appropriate. If she doesn't have nous to work out that that loose, floppy, unstyled messy hairdo is completely inappropriate for that gown and that class of jewellery, she shouldn't be allowed to wear it. What was HM thinking?! :confused:

The dress itself is stunning, and the necklace is stunning, but she is insulting both the gown and the jewels by her hair and her makeup. She doesn't have a clue. What is she doing in that job?

:bang:

Bad hair does not disqualify her for the job - it's just hair. It isn't life threatening nor will impact on the monarchy.

Just think, if every time one of us had bad hair we lost our job......... and what about people like my husband who has no hair - he'd never have a job.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

^^ Her apparent inability to work out that she is constantly making mistakes and desperately needs help with hair and makeup and to co-ordinate and complete outfits, and that she also needs assistance with posture and her image generally, and her lack of the good sense to do something about it should count for something though.

This isn't the first time she's demonstrated her lack of innate good sense about her appearance and image.

write and tell her - not joking. You'll feel better and she might learn if told directly.

Kate's hair has really caused quite the reaction. :lol: I didn't realize that it was inappropriate to wear loose curls with a diamond necklace.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would Kate need to wear a petticoat or a slip? From all of the pictures I've seen, there's nothing showing.

There nothing wrong with her hair. I don't know what is all the fuss is about.

I think she looked fine. The most important thing is she was there as patron.

I thought she looked fine to, not sure what some are complaining about.

The only requirement for Kate to get her job was for William to fall in love and marry her. This woman is picked apart by people around the globe every time she leaves her house. The rest of us would have said no way to that kind of scrutiny. However, Kate is talking to a guy wearing a dress with a smile on her face interested in what he is saying.

Well, it could have been far worse. She could have been twirling her hair during the visit.

The only requirement for Kate to get her job was for William to fall in love and marry her. This woman is picked apart by people around the globe every time she leaves her house. The rest of us would have said no way to that kind of scrutiny. However, Kate is talking to a guy wearing a dress with a smile on her face interested in what he is saying.

True, she is picked apart and it might seem unfair. But then I do believe that there is room for improvement. Just check these pictures:

Press Association Images

Every now and then her facial Expression seems to be exaggerated. While this pic might be taken out of context and therefor be accidential, it might nevertheless be wise for her to keep her mouth shut while walking the red carpet. Smile and stay calm so to say.

Press Association Images

Don't you think that her posture and the way she holds her arms could be improved? Again: only while walking the carpet.

Just my 2 Cents ...:flowers:

Her Royal Highness was talking to her host as she arrived. I guess it's not easy to know what to do with your hands (if you're a lady) when not holding a purse.

The most important thing is that Catherine is doing her job as royal patron and I think it's important to not drown her in critiques or put her under a great deal of pressure as people did to her late mother-in-law. It's the kind of pressure that's not applied to the other European royal ladies.

Thank you, you never hear people picking apart other royals in the same way they do Catherine. Some people will never be satisfied with HRH. I would hope she is trying her best. I would not mind more updo's either to bad it not my hair.

Last edited:
True, she is picked apart and it might seem unfair. But then I do believe that there is room for improvement. Just check these pictures:

Press Association Images

Every now and then her facial Expression seems to be exaggerated. While this pic might be taken out of context and therefor be accidential, it might nevertheless be wise for her to keep her mouth shut while walking the red carpet. Smile and stay calm so to say.

She was talking to someone as she was walking the red carpet, so this photo was taken mid-sentence. The only way to prevent theses type of photos, is if she refuses to talk and only nods her head and smiles when greeting people. So basically, there is no way to prevent these type of photos.

Last edited:
I do not understand the fuss with her hair. Her hair is beautiful!!

I too has long hair and dislike wearing my hair up simply because I looks better with long hair. And I do not like the naked feeling of a empty shoulder and hair down also helps to keep my neck warm in an air-conditioned environment.

I also curls my hair when I am attending dinners - it tooks 2 hours for my hairdresser to curl them and my hair is shorter than HRH.

I believe HRH too looks better with long hair or half undo. I remembered she looks older when she had her hair totally up.

When your JOB is to draw attention to a cause by your mere presence then unfortunately your dress and appearance will be scrutinised. Stop the bleeding heart routine, this is what is expected of her it's her role so do it properly! She has the people at her disposal to ensure she makes an impression so she should utilise them.

BTW when I read the other royals thread regarding their clothes/style there is just as much criticism as for Catherine. She needs guidance in posture, style and hair. NOT because they are awful, but because they need to step up to the position that she now holds.

My opinion.

Maybe we need a duchess hair forum. It does not have much to do with the current event. And as William has learned, it's only hair. ;) I would like a look at some of those postcards.

Press Association Images

Don't you think that her posture and the way she holds her arms could be improved? Again: only while walking the carpet.

Just my 2 Cents ...:flowers:

Camilla does a version of this arm/hand thing as she walks! Even the Queen stands this way when she is waiting indoors - like at an investiture.

:ermm:This looks like a little girl playing at dress up in her mother's clothes and jewels.............this is not a good look on her at all.

The color of the gown looks washed out with her tan, Her HAIR, please do something with all those curls, those curls are not for formal events, makes her look sloppy and uncared for.

It would have been a better fit if she had some meat on the bones, a chignon in the back on the lower part of her neck, those diamond earrings and less dark eye make-up. The bling on the neck........toooo much, to heavy and to old looking for a young lady. Guts tells me after reading all the recent press reports of the Queen taking control of wanting Catherine to look more royal that this was her idea of looking royal.............wrong way to go...........less is always more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom