The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKCambridgeDuchess300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread Part 4

commencing 1 January 2014

The previous current events thread for the Duchess of Cambridge can be found here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-5-january-2013-31-december-2013-a-34366.html.

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
On 17th Feb, the Queen and Kate will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for the dramatic arts. Guests will include actors and directors.

Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
On 17th Feb, the Queen and Kate will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for the dramatic arts. Guests will include actors and directors.

Excellent. Lets fill the calendar up with interesting engagements like this. A great opportunity for Catherine to learn from HM on the job.

So now Kates coming to the reception? If there is a picture of her With Robert Hardy , I don't know if I can stand the excitement!

Thanks, An Ard Ri. I'm not sure I would take it too seriously. The headline is misleading ... the article doesn't say that he's shot anything on this trip. Wouldn't he have just gotten there, since it's a weekend trip? I'm not so sure the count of 740 partridge shot in one day is accurate, either ... he would have had to shoot one partridge every 2 minutes, all day long (1440 minutes in one day).

But truly, this wasn't a very wise move, PR-wise.

Last edited:
I'm thrilled to see a major piece of jewelry being worn by Katherine, thus I'll reserve comments on the hair, although it would have been nice to see those 38 (or is it 28) diamonds that form the chain of the necklace.
From up thread - is it unusual that the Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge will be greeting the guests and watching the performances and then afterwards they will be joined by other members of the Royal family including the DOE? Wouldn't the DOE normally be greeting guests as they arrive?

Kate's hair has really caused quite the reaction. :lol: I didn't realize that it was inappropriate to wear loose curls with a diamond necklace.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would Kate need to wear a petticoat or a slip? From all of the pictures I've seen, there's nothing showing.
For all we know she was wearing a slip underneath - you certainly cannot tell one way or the other from the photos as the dress is not see through, although in one shot the way the underskirt shimmers and moves under the transparent over skirt could give that impression.

I thought her short speech went pretty well. Although she stumbled on her words in the end but handled it with grace and a smile. It was good to see her kicking off her official engagements for 2014.

I'd like to hear about some joint engagements coming up.

Re your last point - if the PoW and DoCornwall are anything to go by, that probably won't happen. So far this year these 2 have done c. 65 engagements of which only 6-7 were together. All of the Wessexes engagements have been solo as well.

I think that the BRF are making existing resources spread further by doing more solo engagements.

The exception will be important overseas trips to the likes of Australia NZ and Canada.

I think we will see W&K together on march 17 for the Irish Guards St Patty's Day event. Royal women are the traditional givers of the shamrocks. Plus Kate missed the medal ceremony to go to the hospice in December.

I think we will see W&K together on march 17 for the Irish Guards St Patty's Day event. Royal women are the traditional givers of the shamrocks. Plus Kate missed the medal ceremony to go to the hospice in December.

I was thinking that she'd do this without him! He should have his head down studying at Cambridge.

I was thinking that she'd do this without him! He should have his head down studying at Cambridge.

He might be done by then. It is suppose to wrap up mid March

Duchess Kate Blog ‏@HRHDuchesskate 2h
Tomorrow, The Duchess of Cambridge, as Patron, will officially open The ICAP Art Room at Northolt High School, Ealing, London #royal

I hope she remembers to keep her mouth shut in front of the photogs - because, you know she should know better. Never open your mouth until you pass them. Must remember, must remember.
And then when she speaks I hope she does not embarrass herself, yet again. Maybe, keep it to "yes, thank you," "I agree," "How lovely," "Art is important to our souls," and "Lupo is fine, thank you." The poor thing is obviously incapable of anything else. I hope attendees have been prepped to NOT correct her many errors.
That noise you may hear is the steady drip, drip, drip of sticky sarcasm, BTW. :p

She's allowed to mention the dog? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I love the beehive hairstyle for formal events (with a few tweaks to accommodate a tiara ;)) and the casual ponytail for those daytime engagements when the wind is not your friend and Kate needs to keep her hair out of her face. If she ever does get adventurous and cuts her hair, the sleek bob would look lovely on her but I think the tousled style touching her shoulders would be the best look.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has already been posted. Kate Middleton's token of love for her two Princes - an £89 necklace from Pippa | Mail Online Hmmm not sure what to think of it. If it was really sent to her as a freebie via Pippa then it wasn't very wise to accept it IMO. As it is this is plain promo for said shop.

I was surprised KP accepted it because they return gifts from businesses until I read the Pippa part. I don't think (just guessing) that Pippa mentioned it was a freebie thus Catherine accepting it. Sure she thought it was a gift from her sister.

I have to say it was clever of the company to send it to Pippa because they know KP will send it back.

Is there a "current event" due before the overseas tour. She's rarely been seen since Xmas.

Is there a "current event" due before the overseas tour. She's rarely been seen since Xmas.

Nope. Unless one is announced pretty sharpish. The first time well see Catherine since St Patrick's Day is when they arrive in NZ in just over a weeks time.

Catherine Photographed Shopping For PG's Trip Down-Under.

Photograph and story in "Mail-Online" as the Duchess of Cambridge does some last minute shopping for Prince George's upcoming trip to NZ/Oz, with price and item details etc.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
Another Gap Photo Now Online - Hope Duchess Not Tired.

Photograph and story in "Mail-Online" as the Duchess of Cambridge does some last minute shopping for Prince George's upcoming trip to NZ/Oz, with price and item details etc.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

There is now another photo online from the Gap shopping trip - a closer shot, side on.

I can believe this upcoming Royal Tour is a much bigger deal than the previous trips to Canada and Asia-South Seas - just for the fact of taking a baby along.

It's a long, long way to come.

Even with the scheduled days "off", it seems everyone involved, from the Royal Couple, their staff, the accompanying press and the local media, will have to hit the ground running.

I'm expecting the local news channels to "breathlessly" announce when W & C change planes here in Australia for New Zealand.

Look out little PG - everyone is waiting to get that photo or video of you.

No Australian media will want Prince George's first overseas Royal Tour photo to be on New Zealand soil, if they can get a candid shot at the airport here.

I keep seeing the word "gruelling" in reports.

I don't think it will be that bad, but you wouldn't want to be run down at the start - there will be no time to "catch up".

I'm guessing there will be media following the Tour from other countries - not just the UK.

(The other photo of the Duchess leaving Gap is on "E".)

Cheers All, Sun Lion.

P.S. Hi Pranter - pullets - yes, if we didn't have a clucky, (broody), hen to set with some fertilized eggs, we'd get some pullets for the family chook run when the old girls stopped laying. Childhood days.

PP.S. Australia Post is selling chocolate bilbies - instead of chocolate eggs/bunnies - for Easter.

I was so tempted to get one yesterday just to photograph it for TRFs! (Well, and then eat it too.)

Won't be suprised to see these pressed into W & C's hands by the general public when they attend the bilby enclosure event at Taronga on Easter Sunday.

Last edited:
I keep seeing the word "gruelling" in reports.

It's far from gruelling when compared with the tours undertaken by the Queen, DoE, POW and Princess Anne. There seems to be no more than 2 events a day and, on some days only one. The older royals usually have a far heavier workload (although the Queen's has eased up).

In addition they are travelling first or business class, have staff to assist them (including a nanny devoted to looking after George) every step of the way and will be staying in luxury accomodation. They are coming in autumn when the weather will be at its most comfortable, they are coming to countries where the culture is very, very similar to the UKs and where almost everyone speaks English.

Good luck to them. I hope they enjoy their trip and I am sure it will be a roaring success but please let's have some perspective. There will be gruelling trips to come, but this ain't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom