The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me tear up yet again. I didn't know that she has made private visits, but am not surprised. I bet William has gone with her.
Can't wait for the next EACH engagement. They are lucky. I hope she takes on more hospices, and indeed more charities in the future- though maybe it is better she only has a few, so she really can get involved, as she likes, and she really does the most good that way.

This woman should devote her life to working with children. I know she can't be in the classroom, but she can do so much by picking charities that work with children that have special needs. She's a natural, and I tear up when I see her visiting the hospice too. What a Godsend.

Ladies,
I don't mean to up the water works, but per the article from Hello Marika posted, Kate cried when she met the mother who lost her baby and wrote to Kate. She also hugged the mother. Definitely brought a tear to my eye.

Duchess

The pain of losing a child is worse than anything. Sadly, I'm now speaking from experience, and I can only imagine the pain Catherine felt when she heard this woman's story. The fact the Duchess took the time to write to this woman says so much. She has a heart of gold. I've met people that were kind, but I've never met anyone with the level of kindness and compassion that Catherine seems to possess. She's a blessing. She speaks for those who for one reason or another cannot speak for themselves.

Just had a look at Hello- more tears! Hugging the mum who lost her baby and writing to her- again, this woman is an angel!

She is indeed.

Just read this- more tears- not only for baby Beatrice's mum, but for little Jack. I didn't realize the child is completely blind, and when he reached out to touch her, she crouched down, and stroked his hand. Really touched me.
No words there. As I've said before, this woman is an angel.
She is an angel all by herself- don't have words if she and RH made a visit together!

I loved watching her interacting with Jack, and little Daisy. The moment the children reached out to her made my heart melt. You're right; this woman is a rare type, and 'angel' is a perfect description. Her and Mr. Hardy would be a very, VERY tough act to follow. I hope somehow they will do a joint engagement. It'll be a treat, that's for sure.

Impressive tea pot ;)

That it is and I'd love to get my hands on it and the complete set w/the cups, saucers and etc. Can't wait to show the pics to my Dad tomorrow. I get my love of china honestly and he's going to drool when he sees this set. :D

Not surprised at all. One thing that escapes those who usually beat the "Kate doesn't do that much work as a Member of the BRF" very tired rug over and over and over again miss something I thought of a long time ago. She's given her Patronage to only a select few at the moment, and while it is giving her time to get her confidence and "Royal legs" under her, another very important thing is also true : She has the ability to be more than just a Figurehead Patroness and be more involved in how to help her Charities on a more hands on way than she would if she'd gone down the Traditional Royal Route (For lack of a better term.)

JMO of course, but I think I'm safe in saying this is not the first instance of Kate taking such a hands on approach w/her Charities. I mean...Look at the M-PACT program w/The Art Room or Place2Be (I know it's one or the other, but blanking on which ATM) and now we have her coming up w/the idea of this China set to sell to raise funds for EACH's new campaign. Add in she took the time to write back to this poor Mum and also remember her when they met...I'd rather have that kind of a Lady representing Britain and the Commonwealth than someone who only does Charity work so her name and face is everywhere to be seen.

She really is. She went out of her way to make sure that poor mother knew that Catherine was on her side and thinking of her - and from the article(s), you can tell the mother really appreciated it. I would've been sobbing myself so I'm not surprised Catherine was tearing up. She's a truly wonderful person. William got it right.

He did indeed. :flowers:

Is this Kate's last event till the New York trip?

The pain of losing a child is worse than anything. Sadly, I'm now speaking from experience, and I can only imagine the pain Catherine felt when she heard this woman's story. The fact the Duchess took the time to write to this woman says so much. She has a heart of gold. I've met people that were kind, but I've never met anyone with the level of kindness and compassion that Catherine seems to possess. She's a blessing. She speaks for those who for one reason or another cannot speak for themselves.

She is indeed.

I loved watching her interacting with Jack, and little Daisy. The moment the children reached out to her made my heart melt. You're right; this woman is a rare type, and 'angel' is a perfect description. Her and Mr. Hardy would be a very, VERY tough act to follow. I hope somehow they will do a joint engagement. It'll be a treat, that's for sure.

Very touching.

That it is and I'd love to get my hands on it and the complete set w/the cups, saucers and etc. Can't wait to show the pics to my Dad tomorrow. I get my love of china honestly and he's going to drool when he sees this set. :D

Not surprised at all. One thing that escapes those who usually beat the "Kate doesn't do that much work as a Member of the BRF" very tired rug over and over and over again miss something I thought of a long time ago. She's given her Patronage to only a select few at the moment, and while it is giving her time to get her confidence and "Royal legs" under her, another very important thing is also true : She has the ability to be more than just a Figurehead Patroness and be more involved in how to help her Charities on a more hands on way than she would if she'd gone down the Traditional Royal Route (For lack of a better term.)

JMO of course, but I think I'm safe in saying this is not the first instance of Kate taking such a hands on approach w/her Charities. I mean...Look at the M-PACT program w/The Art Room or Place2Be (I know it's one or the other, but blanking on which ATM) and now we have her coming up w/the idea of this China set to sell to raise funds for EACH's new campaign. Add in she took the time to write back to this poor Mum and also remember her when they met...I'd rather have that kind of a Lady representing Britain and the Commonwealth than someone who only does Charity work so her name and face is everywhere to be seen.

He did indeed. :flowers:

I also would love to get a set of that china, I researched the hospital and their gift shop where Catherine was visiting, could not find it. If you or anybody knows where, how or who has this china could you forwarded that information on....being a china collector myself and a teapot collector I would so love this china and it also benefits the hospital for the children.

I think Catherine is an amazing young lady for the position she is in and doing a really great job. I would worry about her flying in her condition mostly because of the hard time she has had while being pregnant with that horrible morning sickness. :)

I also would love to get a set of that china, I researched the hospital and their gift shop where Catherine was visiting, could not find it. If you or anybody knows where, how or who has this china could you forwarded that information on....being a china collector myself and a teapot collector I would so love this china and it also benefits the hospital for the children.

I think Catherine is an amazing young lady for the position she is in and doing a really great job. I would worry about her flying in her condition mostly because of the hard time she has had while being pregnant with that horrible morning sickness. :)

You are likely to get it off the Emma Bridgewater website. Not sure if it is on yet.

:previous:Thank you so much, I'll go check it out.:flowers:

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

Richard Palmer from the Express said the china was not going to be available until March. So they might not be selling it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
:previous:Thank you so much, I'll go check it out.:flowers:

You get your hot little hands on that tea set and I'll bring an assortment of tea blends and we'll have a tea party! Now to save up the price of a bus ticket. :whistling:

Reading through on the comments on Kate's interactions with her charities and patronages, I would think its safe to state that a difference with her is that she not only represents and stands up for her causes but that she also gets involved with them.

Richard Palmer from the Express said the china was going to be available until March. So they might not be selling it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Do you know where this tea set is? I checked Emma B's website and it is not there, and the hospital where Catherine visited, their gift shop....can't find it. Now I know that I am not a computer tech, yet this should be easy to find. Do you happen to know the name of the pattern, I know someone who would *love* to have this besides me, so I am now looking for 2 sets so that I can have that tea party with crumpets....your invited to the tea party! Invite in the mail.....:):flowers:

Do you know where this tea set is? I checked Emma B's website and it is not there, and the hospital where Catherine visited, their gift shop....can't find it. Now I know that I am not a computer tech, yet this should be easy to find. Do you happen to know the name of the pattern, I know someone who would *love* to have this besides me, so I am now looking for 2 sets so that I can have that tea party with crumpets....your invited to the tea party! Invite in the mail.....:):flowers:

The items are available from March 5 (not till March)

Oh, Thank You Cepe, now I know that I don't even understand the English language anymore....thought it was available now. Now it's on my list for March, Let's all have a huge tea party with cakes and lots of pastries, that's my idea of a party. Invite in the mail.....for March 2015

which i was so dissappointed to not have ready for Christmas.... i was ready to give away the mugs for holiday gifts. :sad::candycane:

Duchess News Files ‏@Duchess_Files 1 min1 minute ago
Learn more about @EmmaBridgewater 's new range for @EACH_hospices, available in March

http://email.emmabridgewater.co.uk/...xNjU4NwoKMTc3OTA5OTQ2NAkAEh1gCgkxNjgzNDAxNTcF

Duchess Kate's reaction as a mother helped me says Leigh Smith | Daily Mail Online
A grieving mother comforted by the Duchess of Cambridge this week has told how much the moment meant to her.

Leigh Smith was publicly hugged by tearful Kate as she told a charity launch on Tuesday about the tragic death of her daughter, Beatrice, at just 89 days old from a rare heart condition.

Mrs Smith, 33, said the Duchess, who is around 18 weeks pregnant with her second child, was clearly affected by what she had heard as they embraced at a fundraising appeal for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), of which she is patron.

The physiotherapist from Norwich said Kate’s instinctive reaction as a mother helped to console her at a particularly difficult time.

Last edited by a moderator:
East Anglian Children’s Hospice appeal backed by Duchess of Cambridge smashes through £100k mark

East Anglian Children’s Hospice appeal backed by Duchess of Cambridge smashes through £100k mark - News - Norwich Evening News
A multi-million pound fundraising appeal for a new purpose-built children’s hospice has smashed through the £100,000 mark less than three weeks after it was launched by the Duchess of Cambridge.

Bosses at East Anglian Children’s Hospices (EACH), currently based at Quidennham, need to raise £10m to move into a new base, called the nook, at Framingham Earl, near Norwich, which will have Norfolk’s first hydrotheraphy pool.

And just weeks after the Duchess launched the Eastern Daily Press-backed appeal at the Norfolk Showground last month, an impressive £100,551.62 has so far been raised.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal 16m 16 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of @EACH_hospices, will visit the @EmmaBridgewater @EB_Stoke factory on Wednesday 18th February

Great! Can't wait! Hopefully, a few EACH kids will be there! I'll stock up on tissues...;)

Vua MAjesty MAgazine Facebook page.

Background to the visit:

Emma Bridgewater is a British company set up in 1985. Today the company is run by Emma and her husband Matthew Rice and is still very much a family business. All Emma Bridgewater pottery is made from cream-coloured earthenware – a traditional Staffordshire product which is made in the company's own Victorian factory in Stoke-on-Trent, the home of British pottery. Most of the production work is still done by hand and the company is proud to be one of the largest employers of potters in the area.
The Duchess of Cambridge as patron of East Anglia's Children's Hospices will join staff from EACH, and children from Stoke-on-Trent’s local children’s hospice, The Donna Louise Hospice, who have been invited to attend the factory to celebrate a partnership between EACH and Emma Bridgwater. Emma Bridgewater have designed a range of mugs, which they will have the opportunity to see being made, before the launch on 2nd March in support of the EACH Nook Appeal, to build a new hospice in Norfolk to provide care and support to life-threatened children, young people and their families.

Awesome! Going to definitely need tissue!

Clever to have her show up and look at a mug :) More people see it = more people might buy it = more money to each :)

Last edited:
Duchess of Cambridge gets her hands dirty at the potters wheel - ITV News
Kate was visiting the Emma Bridgewater ceramics factory in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, touring the shopfloor and watching youngsters getting creative with paint - to the delight of their royal visitor.

The visit was a chance for her to witness production of a new line of mugs the historic company has launched in support of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), of which the Duchess is patron.

She earned plenty of fans among workers, as she tried her hand at making flatware - which involved the precision throwing of a piece of clay onto a machine.

Warning on-lookers to "watch out", Kate managed to hit the mark first time although she remarked "it's a little lop-sided".

The Duchess of Cambridge also decorated some mugs and a video of her efforts was tweeted by Kensington Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom