The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate

I had HG and I can assure you it is hell. I had it for the full 9 months and didn't gain my first pound till my 17th week. To top it off I was quite thin at the time 5'5" and 105lbs , much like Kate, and all the while I worried that the baby would be alright. In the end I gained 17lbs and had a healthy baby and went through the whole thing again for baby number two.When you want children you endure what you must, I hope she feels better soon.

Apparently she does
When she feels her family is complete,it will be a thing of the past.....except when they have a daughter.
She may inherit it:ohmy:

I had HG and I can assure you it is hell. I had it for the full 9 months and didn't gain my first pound till my 17th week. To top it off I was quite thin at the time 5'5" and 105lbs , much like Kate, and all the while I worried that the baby would be alright. In the end I gained 17lbs and had a healthy baby and went through the whole thing again for baby number two.When you want children you endure what you must, I hope she feels better soon.

Lets hope this is the worst your kids give you and The Duchess. I never had morning sickness with my kids but my sister did. She was more like you. She threw up so bad and so hard and often, she popped blood vessels in her eyes. Everyone told her it was normal and don't bother the doctors with it. Amazing enough, her kids were healthy.

Duchess of Gloucester is connected to a Sudden Infant Death charity, I think.:flowers:

I'm not sure, but the other Royal I could think of who might advocate causes like that already is Sophie.

Apparently she does
When she feels her family is complete,it will be a thing of the past.....except when they have a daughter.
She may inherit it:ohmy:

George could also pass it on to his daughters. According to one genetic case study I saw on Hyperemesis Gravidarum.

Well said. Another great analogy I recently read was that calling HG 'morning sickness' is like referring to pneumonia as a cold.
I think I mentioned above that a t.v. medical reporter/doctor here in the US said calling HG "morning sickness' is like calling a Category 5 hurricane "a little rain".

My mother mentioned to me in passing that she had HG when she was pregnant with me. Her blood pressure went through the roof, and it was one of the reasons I was born early. It was too much for her heart. However, when she was carrying my sister there were no issues. Mom also told me that more than likely, I may experience HG when pregnant, so it may indeed be linked to genetics, as someone pointed out.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will also attend the Wildlife Photographer of The Year 2014 Awards Ceremony at the Natural History Museum tomorrow.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge, with Sir David Attenborough, will present awards to overall adult winners and under 18's tomorrow at @NHM_WPY.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4h 4 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will take part in the State visit by Singapore's president tomorrow, Kensington Palace says.

Last edited:
Cheers! This can only mean one thing. She's feeling better!

:previous: Yeah, she's back and we've missed indeed. I hope she continue's to feel better from now on.

Perhaps now we know why she and William aren't going to the State Banquet, she have an engagement in the evening.

Last edited:
It could also be that while she can handle a short visit to an awards ceremony, a stiff, formal function like a dinner (and dealing with the smell of food, perfume, flowers, etc.) might still be a bit too much for Kate to handle.

But it's great that she's feeling somewhat better and can get out some now. I wouldn't wish HG on anyone.

I'm really glad that she's starting to feel well enough to attend some events. Can't wait to see her tommorrow.

I think I mentioned above that a t.v. medical reporter/doctor here in the US said calling HG "morning sickness' is like calling a Category 5 hurricane "a little rain".

I like that one too! Haha.

She looks really well. I have it in my head that she missed an event besides Invictus, Malta, and the one with Sir Ben. It was recent. What am I thinking of? The photo awards are tonight then? Or tomorrow? Great to have her back- can't wait for more events! When is the baby due, anyway?

Photo awards are tonight and the baby is expected in April.

Not sure when the ceremony starts, but Kate is said to be arriving at 7:30. I also just read that the dress code is black tie.

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

@RE_DailyMail: I'm not at @NHM_London tonight for the @NHM_WPY for family reasons, but am told the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing Jenny Packham tonight.

@RoyalReporter: The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived at the Natural History wearing a pale blue floor length Jenny Pacham dress.

@RE_DailyMail: I'm not at @NHM_London tonight for the @NHM_WPY for family reasons, but am told the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing Jenny Packham tonight.

@RoyalReporter: The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived at the Natural History wearing a pale blue floor length Jenny Pacham dress.

Any idea if it is a bespoke or ready to wear dress?
Cant wait for the pictures. Love seeing Catherine in floor length gowns.

@RE_DailyMail: The Duchess looks to be showing just the first tiny signs of a baby bump in her figure-hugging outfit says @RoyalReporter

@RE_DailyMail: Just seen the first pix of the Duchess of Cambridge. Stunning powder blue wrap dress split to the waist but with a modesty skirt underneath.

Risqué to say the least;

@royalfocus1: #DuchessOfCambridge arrives @NHM_London in a daring Jenny Packham dress for the #wpy2014 #Royals #RoyalBaby http://t.co/0KqrcWv002

@NHM_WPY: The #WPY2014 #WPYPeoplesChoice as chosen by everyone that voted for it, is Marsel van Oosten's Facebook update http://t.co/aCNOkVQssF

Last edited:
Just saw a photo of Kate walking and I'm now less impressed. The gown looks like a hybrid...of what I don't know. Oh, well, she does look good when she's standing still. The blue color is most flattering to the hair color. The hair is still a mess, but at least it's nice and full. Hair extensions will do that...

Go Kate!!!!

She is also wearing a diamond necklace which is again not visible because her hair is all over it.

I hope that the NH will share the winning photos from tonight's event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom