The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media was pretty much interested in the juicy side of Catherine's family.

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

There has been little nuggets about the Middletons-Peter's RAF service, flying with Prince Philip on a royal tour in the sixties, Kate ran into a cousin and Cambridge University when W&K were visiting in 2012.

Videos:
The Duchess of Cambridge has heard stories about her grandmother's wartime role at the famous Bletchley Park - home of the code-breakers. Lady Marion Body, friend of Kate's grandmother Valerie Glassborow, described how as young women they worked together directing the efforts of listening stations. She confessed that their job was "tedious" but said they were young women who still managed to have fun-
Home - ITNSource News

'It's so moving to meet you... Granny was very quiet'-
'It's so moving to meet you... Granny was very quiet' - ITV News

^^^ Nice to see that Kate has an engagement that has a personal connection for her. How wonderful for her to be visiting this place where her grandmother assisted in this vitally important work. I have no doubt her grandparents would be very proud that their granddaughter is the wife of the Queen's grandson and mother of a future king.
I agree. I admit that I know little about the history of the place, but it is wonderful now that the site and its history can be revealed to the public.

Last edited:
I watch the terrific Bletchley Circle series on PBS and news of the role Kate's grandmother played as codebreaker is such fascinating news. This has got to be such a meaningful event for Kate and she should be very proud of how instrumental her granny was in the war effort. I'd be thrilled to the bits to visit Bletchley Park and have a go on a codebreaker machine myself.

Last edited:
When did her grandmother die? How nice she could talk to one of her grandmothers friends

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

She died in 2006. Her husband Peter in 2010. W&K delayed their engagement announcement by a couple of days for his funeral which William went to.

Last edited:
How excited she looks to be there, talking to a friend of her grandmother's and someone that worked with her, to learn more about your family history and what happened. This is an exciting engagement for her and to try the actual machines that did the code breaking...........she looked really great, and happy. Bet here will be stories to tell at dinner tonight.............

How excited she looks to be there, talking to a friend of her grandmother's and someone that worked with her, to learn more about your family history and what happened. This is an exciting engagement for her and to try the actual machines that did the code breaking...........she looked really great, and happy. Bet here will be stories to tell at dinner tonight.............

Also a wonderful story to tell George when he gets older.

Although honoring those who participated and those who fought and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice on D-Day is huge and I was amazed by the wonderful participation of people from around the globe, this engagement that Kate just finished reminds me that there were so many people who served in the background for the war effort that were just as important. It truly was a remarkable effort by those at home that definitely deserve recognition.

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 58m
#royal #Kate to visit School in London to see progress of M-PACT Plus school based project to address addiction in families on July 1st

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 58m
#royal #Kate to visit School in London to see progress of M-PACT Plus school based project to address addiction in families on July 1st

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 16s
The Duchess of Cambridge is to visit Blessed Sacrament School, Islington, to see the progress of the M-PACT Plus project on 1st July.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
Kate will meet project staff & school heads before joining a private counselling session. She launched the M-PACT Plus project in March 2013

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
The Duchess of Cambridge will be joined by @JohnBishop100 on the visit to support M-PACT Plus and will hear speeches at the school after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Retweeted by British Royals
Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 51m
KP tell me today's visit is a very personal one for Kate, who devised MPACT-Plus which helps kids whose parents have drug & alcohol issues.

Pictures:
The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits An M-PACT Plus Counselling Programme-
Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits An M-PACT Plus Counselling Programme

Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop-
Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop | Royal | News | Daily Express

Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag · 34m
A four year old boy today made Princess Kate smile when she asked what his favourite part of school was: "lunchtime," he quipped back.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 16m
Lots of giggling between the Duchess of Cambridge and comedian John Bishop today at an event to publicise M-PACT Plus
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/483926052646187009

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 15m
The Duchess hears about early support for children, parents and families affected by parental drug & alcohol misuse
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/status/483926360751362049

Last edited:
Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag · 34m
A four year old boy today made Princess Kate smile when she asked what his favourite part of school was: "lunchtime," he quipped back.

LOL! That's my kinda guy!

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 5m
.@JohnBishop100 asks the press to focus on the issue & not just the style icon in the room. Or the Duchess.
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/status/483933149559525376

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/483943108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ool-children-charity-visit.html#ixzz36DcgQxoC

Last edited:
Comic Relief @comicrelief · 5m
.@JohnBishop100 asks the press to focus on the issue & not just the style icon in the room. Or the Duchess.
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/status/483933149559525376

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/483943108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school
Kate Duchess of Cambridge delights school children on charity visit in pink | Mail Online

Thanks Dman for all the coverage. Standouts for me were 1. the wonderful posture of the little girl who presented the Duchess with flowers and 2. that wonderful portrait in the style of Picasso. Made me smile this morning!

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited a school in North London today, to see first-hand the work of a project she launched with comedian John Bishop which helps families affected by addiction-
Home - ITNSource News

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 24m
George is "racing around" according to Kate "He's so fast and I can't believe he is opening doors already."

Last edited:
Perhaps one of our UK posters could answer my question. Quite often when a member of the BRF visits an event where children are involved they're greeted by a child and a group of flag waving students. Can a parent request that their child not be involved with a royal visit or is it required that a student participate?

I think if the parents really had a problem with it they could ask that their child be excluded from the event. I can't imagine that ever happening, though. I would be very surprised if it was compulsory. It's really just a fun event for kids to wave little flags.

Just to be clear, British children are not taught to love the royals or the monarchy. I received no education about the Queen, members of the RF or the institution at all. There's no indoctrination process to make children into little monarchists.

We certainly do not do as is done in the US wherein children are expected to stand up each morning and pledge allegiance to the flag or the country. That would not happen in the UK in a million years.

Thank you Petticoat Lane for your information. :flowers:

What's the point of making her look, bad all the time??

Because the Mail is poison, and has to pander to its readership, who are, well, poisonous...

I just hope neither reads the newspapers...

She'll be at my town Liège in Belgium next Monday, the 4th of August !!!

What is the reason for this ridiculous recent trend by the Mail to compare Kate with Letizia? If it were with Mary, I could perhaps just about excuse it on the grounds that they look a little similar. But Kate is not of the same rank of either Letizia or Mary. What new mischief is the publication trying to stir?

IMO there is not even comparison!:flowers:

Letizia rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom