The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she was ever going to the one on the 12th. Prince Charles (as President) and Princess Alexandra (Vice Pres) are attending.

The fact there isnt just one site where all the engagements are is confusing. PA attendance is on the Royal site; PoW on the PoW site and there is no mention of any garden party under DssCambs. (this is at 01:36 10/6)

Its a muddle
I'm with you.
I wish there was one website one could go to that was reliable, and would simply list all engagements and schedules for members of the British Royal family.
I have trouble keeping track of all the dates,and which members are going to be out on which dates just from keeping track with tweets posted here.

:previous: It's one of the reasons why I wish they would get their communications right.

Kate can easily do both events today since the America's cup event at Greenwich is a morning event and the garden party is at 4 PM. I wonder if they are having a little family get together since its Philip's birthday. When he turned 90, the older grand kids and their spouses took him and the Queen out for dinner in Windsor.

You having Trooping and Garter Day coming up and then the next solo event is the visit to Bletchly Park.

I agree that the website and updating has been pretty bad.

Video:
Duchess meets Sir Ben Ainslie's UK America's Cup bid team-
Duchess meets Sir Ben Ainslie's UK America's Cup bid team - ITV News

Blooming adorable! Bashful little flower girl overcome by nerves as she presents the Duchess of Cambridge with a summer posy-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Americas-Cup-little-help-Sir-Ben-Ainslie.html

'Yachtie totty' Duchess of Cambridge backs Ben Ainslie in Brit challenge for America's Cup-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...rince-William-Yacht-America-s-Cup-Britain-Bid

Last edited:
Kate was looking lovely today. I wish Sir Ben success in his attempts at putting together a British team. Americas Cup has become a billionaire's plaything, so it's not gonna be easy.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge joined Sir Ben Ainslie at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich this morning for the launch of Britain’s team in the 2017 America’s Cup. Her Royal Highness met crew members and boat designers before posing for an official photo-call. The British team has been set up after securing financial backing from Sir Charles Dunstone (co-founder of the Carphone Warehouse), and Sir Keith Mills (Deputy Chair, London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games)-
Home - ITNSource News

The last time William attended a Garden Party was in 2002 with his father at Holyroodhouse. It would be great if he started attending again.
I think the palace got the dates mixed up on Catherine's attendance.

Hasnt it really been this long since William has attended a garden party?

Kate looked great today at the garden party with the queen and Philip

Hasnt it really been this long since William has attended a garden party?

Kate looked great today at the garden party with the queen and Philip

Yeah, it's been a long time since William has attended a Royal Garden Party. For some reason he don't attend them, although I think everyone hopes he'll show up at some point. I also hope He, Catherine and Harry will start attending Royal Ascot too.

Yes, the royal ladies looked great at the Garden Party.

Video:
Duchess meets Sir Ben Ainslie's UK America's Cup bid team-
Duchess meets Sir Ben Ainslie's UK America's Cup bid team - ITV News

Blooming adorable! Bashful little flower girl overcome by nerves as she presents the Duchess of Cambridge with a summer posy-
Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, launches Britain's bid for glory in America's Cup | Mail Online

'Yachtie totty' Duchess of Cambridge backs Ben Ainslie in Brit challenge for America's Cup-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...rince-William-Yacht-America-s-Cup-Britain-Bid
The pictures of the Duchess and little Bo were just precious!:D:lol:

I'm with you.
I wish there was one website one could go to that was reliable, and would simply list all engagements and schedules for members of the British Royal family.
I have trouble keeping track of all the dates,and which members are going to be out on which dates just from keeping track with tweets posted here.

Off topic but I thought that when the POW office took over press duties, this should have been fixed. Instead, Anne's photo disappeared then reappeared as a truly unflattering avatar, then reappeared. Clearly there were odd things happening.
You can tell whose office is organized and being listened to if you log in very late in one month and check the next month's appearance schedule.
Otherwise - it is catch as catch can. If you read Iluvberties tally of the Court Circular, reporting after the fact has been erratic, as well. :sad:

:previous:

apparently that plan is in disarray. Personal view is because it isnt working. Charles has taken his staff back into CH (source a royal reporter but I cant remember which one - sorry!)

Last edited:
Kate To Explore Family's Codebreaking Past:
The Duchess of Cambridge will for the first time see where her grandmother worked as part of the Second World War codebreaking teams when she visits Bletchley Park today.
Kate To Explore Family's Codebreaking Past

Wow...I am amazed this is the first we're hearing this about her Grandmother. Can't wait for all the coverage tomorrow. This has the potential to be something very special. :)

^^^ Nice to see that Kate has an engagement that has a personal connection for her. How wonderful for her to be visiting this place where her grandmother assisted in this vitally important work. I have no doubt her grandparents would be very proud that their granddaughter is the wife of the Queen's grandson and mother of a future king.

That's pretty cool information. The press has talked about Mike's dad and Carole's mom before but there hasn't been much about her other grandparents Valerie and Ronald.

I'm surprise Claudia Joseph didn't find this out when she was doing her book on Kate and her family background.

That's pretty cool information. The press has talked about Mike's dad and Carole's mom before but there hasn't been much about her other grandparents Valerie and Ronald.

I'm surprise Claudia Joseph didn't find this out when she was doing her book on Kate and her family background.

That's why I'm so surprised by this. As you said, we've all heard about her Grandfather Peter's service and rightfully so!! Not sure how well known it is, but the Mosquito aircraft's airframe was completely made of wood, which made it incredibly fast and why they were sent up to try and tip the wings of the V1 and V2 flying bombs. Because they were able to keep up w/the things and it can never be said enough IMO...Kate's Grandfather Peter and the other Allied Airmen assigned that Mission were truly some of the bravest men in the respective Air Corps.

Sorry for the tangent, but once I got going, the WWII nerd/geek in me took over... :D. Anyway...

W/all that's been dug into Kate and her Family, you would have thought having a Grandmother who was part of Bletchley Park would have come up long before now!! What a Family legacy to be proud of and as I said, tomorrow has the potential to be something special. :)

PART:

W/all that's been dug into Kate and her Family, you would have thought having a Grandmother who was part of Bletchley Park would have come up long before now!! What a Family legacy to be proud of and as I said, tomorrow has the potential to be something special. :)

Actually, not that much has come out because the media just picked out the "juicy" bits - Carole's "working class" background (bad); dodgy brother (worse); some distant relative that was a Knight (just to emphasise the different backgrounds) and g/father Peter who once flew Prince Philip and fought in the war.

It's really superficial and it also shows that authors writing unauthorised biographys dont learn much (apart from gossip)

That work was certainly something to be proud of and it's very disappointing that the media picked out the bits of family history that didn't cast the family in a favourable light. They have concentrated on Carole's family because it could be mined for the "juicy" stuff, whereas Michael's family has been largely ignored. Her background has been given a very shallow treatment so far.

Claudia Joseph's book is pretty good for background information on Kate's family. It's not Daily Mail like at all. It covered the backgrounds of the families of all 4 grandparents. Kate's grandmother would have had to keep her Bletchly Park work a secret for 30 yrs after the war per the law as I learned from watching The Bletchly Circle so she probably didn't talk much about it and isn't something you could find thru public records or old newspapers.

Kate probably had to tell her staff and the staff told Bletchly to find more information out. Interesting fact about Kate's grandma's twin sister- she married Peter Middleton's brother.

Claudia Joseph's book is pretty good for background information on Kate's family. It's not Daily Mail like at all. It covered the backgrounds of the families of all 4 grandparents. Kate's grandmother would have had to keep her Bletchly Park work a secret for 30 yrs after the war per the law as I learned from watching The Bletchly Circle so she probably didn't talk much about it and isn't something you could find thru public records or old newspapers.

Kate probably had to tell her staff and the staff told Bletchly to find more information out. Interesting fact about Kate's grandma's twin sister- she married Peter Middleton's brother.

Where did you read that?

Page 108 of Claudia Joseph's book Kate Kate Middleton: Princess in Waiting.

No, the book only has 1 page of old photos most are William and Kate. Mary didn't marry Christopher but another brother Anthony after Peter and Valerie's wedding. It wasn't a double wedding.

Raalised it wasnt a double wedding but its a nice picture. ITs strange how sometimes likenesses seem go across each side of the family. There is a look of Carole in Mary Glassborow.

I apparently look like both my mother's sister and my father's sister!

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge tried her hand at being a codebreaker at the famous Bletchley Park - where her grandmother worked. Kate put on a pair of headphones and tried to intercept and decode radio messages sent from the enemy as she toured the Park. The Duchess arrived at the site near Milton Keynes to learn about how an £8 million Heritage Lottery Fund restoration project has returned the buildings to their Second World War appearance and created new visitor facilities-
Home - ITNSource News

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse 2h
Valerie Middleton, the paternal grandmother of The Duchess of Cambridge, who worked @bletchleypark during #WWIIpic.twitter.com/mBVY1BDW2s

Last edited:
All of the information about her grandmother is so interesting. It's a shame that the media decided to ignore this part of Kate's family tree.

All of the information about her grandmother is so interesting. It's a shame that the media decided to ignore this part of Kate's family tree.

I think they would have been eager to tell this story, but they didn't have it. The identities of those who worked there were protected for many years, and a good many of those people probably died without telling their families. Catherine certainly looks like her grandmother.

No I get that the didn't have info about where her grandmother worked, but they barely even touched on Michael's side of the family. I mean, I didn't know his mom was a twin and her sister married another Middleton brother. The media completely ignored his side of the family, in favor of the scandal and gossip - Uncle Gary, Carole's mom and some distant cousin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom