The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Majesty

Retweeted by British Royals
Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 51m
KP tell me today's visit is a very personal one for Kate, who devised MPACT-Plus which helps kids whose parents have drug & alcohol issues.

Pictures:
The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits An M-PACT Plus Counselling Programme-
Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits An M-PACT Plus Counselling Programme

Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop-
Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop | Royal | News | Daily Express

Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag · 34m
A four year old boy today made Princess Kate smile when she asked what his favourite part of school was: "lunchtime," he quipped back.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 16m
Lots of giggling between the Duchess of Cambridge and comedian John Bishop today at an event to publicise M-PACT Plus
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...26052646187009

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 15m
The Duchess hears about early support for children, parents and families affected by parental drug & alcohol misuse
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/stat...26360751362049

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag · 34m
A four year old boy today made Princess Kate smile when she asked what his favourite part of school was: "lunchtime," he quipped back.
LOL! That's my kinda guy!

Old 07-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Majesty

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 5m
.@JohnBishop100 asks the press to focus on the issue & not just the style icon in the room. Or the Duchess.
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/stat...33149559525376

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...43108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz36DcgQxoC

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Comic Relief @comicrelief · 5m
.@JohnBishop100 asks the press to focus on the issue & not just the style icon in the room. Or the Duchess.
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/stat...33149559525376

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...43108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school
Kate Duchess of Cambridge delights school children on charity visit in pink | Mail Online
Thanks Dman for all the coverage. Standouts for me were 1. the wonderful posture of the little girl who presented the Duchess with flowers and 2. that wonderful portrait in the style of Picasso. Made me smile this morning!
“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 07-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited a school in North London today, to see first-hand the work of a project she launched with comedian John Bishop which helps families affected by addiction-
Home - ITNSource News

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 24m
George is "racing around" according to Kate "He's so fast and I can't believe he is opening doors already."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps one of our UK posters could answer my question. Quite often when a member of the BRF visits an event where children are involved they're greeted by a child and a group of flag waving students. Can a parent request that their child not be involved with a royal visit or is it required that a student participate?
Old 07-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

I think if the parents really had a problem with it they could ask that their child be excluded from the event. I can't imagine that ever happening, though. I would be very surprised if it was compulsory. It's really just a fun event for kids to wave little flags.

Just to be clear, British children are not taught to love the royals or the monarchy. I received no education about the Queen, members of the RF or the institution at all. There's no indoctrination process to make children into little monarchists.

We certainly do not do as is done in the US wherein children are expected to stand up each morning and pledge allegiance to the flag or the country. That would not happen in the UK in a million years.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Petticoat Lane for your information.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-02-2014, 03:57 AM
Courtier

Kate and the new curly hairstyle that unravelled in the midday sunshine | Mail Online

What's the point of making her look, bad all the time??
Old 07-02-2014, 04:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
What's the point of making her look, bad all the time??
Because the Mail is poison, and has to pander to its readership, who are, well, poisonous...
Old 07-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton vs Queen Letizia: Who wins the battle of royal bling? | Mail Online

Poor Kate. I have no work, and little income, but I feel more sorry for Kate getting compared all the time must be horrible!
Old 07-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Nobility

I just hope neither reads the newspapers...
Old 07-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Majesty

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 5h
Kate is (apparently) attending a Sports Aid mentoring session in Glasgow tomorrow

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 5h
Kate is (apparently) attending a Sports Aid mentoring session in Glasgow tomorrow

I was wondering if something to do w/SportsAid was in the cards during their time in Glasgow. It only makes sense after all to do a session like this w/younger athletes during the Games IMO.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

She'll be at my town Liège in Belgium next Monday, the 4th of August !!!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

What is the reason for this ridiculous recent trend by the Mail to compare Kate with Letizia? If it were with Mary, I could perhaps just about excuse it on the grounds that they look a little similar. But Kate is not of the same rank of either Letizia or Mary. What new mischief is the publication trying to stir?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
What is the reason for this ridiculous recent trend by the Mail to compare Kate with Letizia? If it were with Mary, I could perhaps just about excuse it on the grounds that they look a little similar. But Kate is not of the same rank of either Letizia or Mary. What new mischief is the publication trying to stir?
IMO there is not even comparison!

Letizia rocks
Old 07-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Nobility

Actually,I did see a tabloid article about Kate and Mary once...Mary was a ''bad influence'' on her apparently.

It's because courtesy of the 'Kate effect' The press has latched on to the beautiful fashionable thin commoner mother of two adorable daughters just become queen... all all media golden selling points.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Majesty

Dr. Maya Angelou