The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
[/B]

My take on this is very simple - she is a part-time royal; the other examples (say MAxima and Matilde) are full time. For info, their public diairies show that their workload for February is Maxima 1 event and MAtilde 2
Sure, I don't expect her to do the same amount of engagements the crown princesses do. I was just using the example to say that it is possible to work and raise children at the same time. so the idea that windsor girl expressed of
Quote:
I actually hope she limits her outside work during these early years and really focuses on raising children
sounds a bit fool to me

Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Not every women is the same, not every pregnancy is the same. People don't react to a disease the same way. I don't get the point of "my friend has the same disorder and she's fine so so and so should be too" comments

Some women don't go back to work when they have HG throughout their pregnancy. For others, they are okay after their 1st trimester. Just because you know someone that has it doesn't make you an expert

Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Probably the wrong thread, but I don't think we will see much of Kate until well after the baby is born.

Think of all she has been through in the last few months - the photos from France, the HG is bad enough, but then the DJ's and that poor nurse, then the unveiling of the portrait. Seems that there's so much hysteria surrounding her that everything becomes some sort of mammoth calamity, and none of it her doing.

Think about going through all that and then being pregnant and knowing you're carrying The Child... The Heir to end all Heirs.

That's too much for anyone, let alone someone pregnant. I think she's home meditating, personally, and I don't think I'd be doing anything different.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Sure, I don't expect her to do the same amount of engagements the crown princesses do. I was just using the example to say that it is possible to work and raise children at the same time.
It's always interesting to read discussions about the number of engagements that royals do. I never know what counts as enough engagements (especially when dealing with a part-time royal). Do we compare the number of engagements that they do, to members of their own family? Or do we compare them to other royals?

As for other crown princesses doing more, I believe Letizia did 183 engagements last year (Kate did 111), yet I don't hear a lot of people calling her lazy or whatever.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I am quite sure that Catherine is doing EXACTLY what the Queen, Doctor and her husband want her to do at this time.
"Want her to do?" I'm sure Catherine takes advice from The Queen and her doctor on health matters etc, but I'm pretty sure she does what she wants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Seems that there's so much hysteria surrounding her that everything becomes some sort of mammoth calamity, and none of it her doing. Think about going through all that and then being pregnant and knowing you're carrying The Child... The Heir to end all Heirs.
If she expected anything less than hysteria she was kidding herself.
Heir to end all heirs? Did I miss something?
Old 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
...I believe Letizia did 183 engagements last year (Kate did 111), yet I don't hear a lot of people calling her lazy or whatever.
According to the Belgium monarchy website Mathilde did 89 engagements last year. And all I ever year is how hard working Mathilde and the other crown princesses are and how Kate should take note from them.

I don't know what counts as enough engagements for people either. I think it depends on the princess people are talking about. Some of them (Kate) can't win
Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Scroll down to see how many engagements Mathilde has had per year...
So we're in agreement - thank you for the more detailed info.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Sorry but in which century do we live? That was long time ago when the women's role in the royalty was to produce heirs...
We live in a time of political correctness, but humans are still humans and of course we all expect her to have children - and of course expects the royal family them to produce kids.

To presume otherwise might be political correct and very 20th century, but not very real.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
According to the Belgium monarchy website Mathilde did 89 engagements last year...
Thanks for that info, miche! I think you're right about it depending on the princess, and that some can never win.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I have unknowingly been working alongside someone who suffered from HG over Christmas, she was in hospital for longer than Catherine and yet came straight back to work and back to university the day after she was discharged. Yes she's suffering/suffered from HG, and she's supposedly not needed. But come on, the minute Henry returns from Afghanistan he's called straight back to "covering" for his brother and sister in law.
Something that most, if not all, obstetricians tell their patients is not to listen to the tales of other womens' experiences during pregnancy, because each one is different.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

"Want her to do?" I'm sure Catherine takes advice from The Queen and her doctor on health matters etc, but I'm pretty sure she does what she wants.
Knowing people from that specific social register, I sincerely believe that Catherine does not do exactly what she wants whenever she wants. She will think each occasion over extremely well before acting and seek advise on the situation. She is not a silly child and does not want to put a foot wrong. Can't blame her as her life will always be under a microscope, much more than even CP of other countries. God bless her for taking on the role, I certainly couldn't live like that [especially at that age] but she is doing a really nice and pleasant job.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
. She is not a silly child and does not want to put a foot wrong.
So doing what you want makes you a silly child does it? Whilst I doubt she wants to put a foot wrong, she's not totally stupid and had the ability to think oh god this would look bad or this wouldn't suit as a royal patronage let's not go there without checking every detail of her day with her grandmother in law.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
We live in a time of political correctness, but humans are still humans and of course we all expect her to have children - and of course expects the royal family them to produce kids.

To presume otherwise might be political correct and very 20th century, but not very real.
Sorry, I don't understand that part.. what does political correctness have to do with the opinion I expressed?

And, of course, we all expect her to have children but is it the only thing we expect from her?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Nobility

What type of new patronages do you guys think she should or will take on this year? It will be interesting to see what other things interest her.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Majesty

I don't know why everyone is getting so testy here. The palace released some information that The Duchess of Cambridge is getting better, she's working behind the scenes and will get back to her official engagements soon.

I think we just have to be a little patient and wait until she's back out and about again.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
What type of new patronages do you guys think she should or will take on this year? It will be interesting to see what other things interest her.
Thank you for trying to get the thread back on track.

I've been wondering about this and I'd love for her to do something w/underprivledged kids and opening more chances for them to get into Sport. Such as helping w/the fees for whatever's needed and the Family can't provide that's part and parcel of the Sport. Such as a Uniform and Kleats for a Soccer Team. There's got to be organizations out there who are trying so hard to help these kids, but are limited by the current economic situation, who would LOVE to have a Royal Patron boost their visibility in the public.

That's just me of course, but that's one thing I'd love to see Kate get involved in.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Nobility

Yeah I know some of the patronages have been dealing with those issues although I think William likes the sports programs and education. I don't know I'd love to see her branch out. She started with patronages that reflect her passions and personality but I think is be great for her to try something new like Diana with the landmines. I'd also like to see her on an international stage more. There are just so many opportunities.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Scroll down to see how many engagements Mathilde has had per year (par année on the right side) De Belgische Monarchie: Home - Archief - Archief - Archief - Archief She has never down than 90 engagements per year. Catherine did over 100 engagements has a part time royal last year.
I have no intention of engaging myself in a discussion about Catherine's workload. I just want to point out that such superficial comparisons are always misleading.
You have to take into consideration how events are listed or counted. And the numbers can differ vastly, depending on the way you count. For example: Mathilde's visit to the province Waals-Brabant is listed as 1 engagement, in the "British way" it would count as 5 engagements; Mathilde's visit to Vietnam from 10-16 March is listed as 1 engagement, if you would count Kate's visit to Singapore, Malaysia etc. as 1 engagement you would have to subtract 33 engagements from her total number.. and so on...and so on
Unless you take the trouble of counting the engagements of both princesses in exactly the same way you will not have a clear and correct picture.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Gentry

when will she start again doing engagements?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jones View Post
when will she start again doing engagements?
My guess is this month.