The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but in which century do we live? That was long time ago when the women's role in the royalty was to produce heirs...
We live in a time of political correctness, but humans are still humans and of course we all expect her to have children - and of course expects the royal family them to produce kids.

To presume otherwise might be political correct and very 20th century, but not very real. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Belgium monarchy website Mathilde did 89 engagements last year...
Thanks for that info, miche!:) I think you're right about it depending on the princess, and that some can never win.

I have unknowingly been working alongside someone who suffered from HG over Christmas, she was in hospital for longer than Catherine and yet came straight back to work and back to university the day after she was discharged. Yes she's suffering/suffered from HG, and she's supposedly not needed. But come on, the minute Henry returns from Afghanistan he's called straight back to "covering" for his brother and sister in law.

Something that most, if not all, obstetricians tell their patients is not to listen to the tales of other womens' experiences during pregnancy, because each one is different.

"Want her to do?" I'm sure Catherine takes advice from The Queen and her doctor on health matters etc, but I'm pretty sure she does what she wants.
Knowing people from that specific social register, I sincerely believe that Catherine does not do exactly what she wants whenever she wants. She will think each occasion over extremely well before acting and seek advise on the situation. She is not a silly child and does not want to put a foot wrong. Can't blame her as her life will always be under a microscope, much more than even CP of other countries. God bless her for taking on the role, I certainly couldn't live like that [especially at that age] but she is doing a really nice and pleasant job.

. She is not a silly child and does not want to put a foot wrong.

So doing what you want makes you a silly child does it? Whilst I doubt she wants to put a foot wrong, she's not totally stupid and had the ability to think oh god this would look bad or this wouldn't suit as a royal patronage let's not go there without checking every detail of her day with her grandmother in law.

We live in a time of political correctness, but humans are still humans and of course we all expect her to have children - and of course expects the royal family them to produce kids.

To presume otherwise might be political correct and very 20th century, but not very real. :whistling:

Sorry, I don't understand that part.. what does political correctness have to do with the opinion I expressed?

And, of course, we all expect her to have children but is it the only thing we expect from her?

What type of new patronages do you guys think she should or will take on this year? It will be interesting to see what other things interest her.

I don't know why everyone is getting so testy here. The palace released some information that The Duchess of Cambridge is getting better, she's working behind the scenes and will get back to her official engagements soon.

I think we just have to be a little patient and wait until she's back out and about again.

What type of new patronages do you guys think she should or will take on this year? It will be interesting to see what other things interest her.

Thank you for trying to get the thread back on track.

I've been wondering about this and I'd love for her to do something w/underprivledged kids and opening more chances for them to get into Sport. Such as helping w/the fees for whatever's needed and the Family can't provide that's part and parcel of the Sport. Such as a Uniform and Kleats for a Soccer Team. There's got to be organizations out there who are trying so hard to help these kids, but are limited by the current economic situation, who would LOVE to have a Royal Patron boost their visibility in the public.

That's just me of course, but that's one thing I'd love to see Kate get involved in.

Yeah I know some of the patronages have been dealing with those issues although I think William likes the sports programs and education. I don't know I'd love to see her branch out. She started with patronages that reflect her passions and personality but I think is be great for her to try something new like Diana with the landmines. I'd also like to see her on an international stage more. There are just so many opportunities.

Scroll down to see how many engagements Mathilde has had per year (par année on the right side) De Belgische Monarchie: Home - Archief - Archief - Archief - Archief She has never down than 90 engagements per year. Catherine did over 100 engagements has a part time royal last year.
I have no intention of engaging myself in a discussion about Catherine's workload. I just want to point out that such superficial comparisons are always misleading.
You have to take into consideration how events are listed or counted. And the numbers can differ vastly, depending on the way you count. For example: Mathilde's visit to the province Waals-Brabant is listed as 1 engagement, in the "British way" it would count as 5 engagements; Mathilde's visit to Vietnam from 10-16 March is listed as 1 engagement, if you would count Kate's visit to Singapore, Malaysia etc. as 1 engagement you would have to subtract 33 engagements from her total number.. and so on...and so on
Unless you take the trouble of counting the engagements of both princesses in exactly the same way you will not have a clear and correct picture.

Last edited:
She's expected to be back to work still this month :)

She's doing private visits

Knowing people from that specific social register, I sincerely believe that Catherine does not do exactly what she wants whenever she wants. She will think each occasion over extremely well before acting and seek advise on the situation. She is not a silly child and does not want to put a foot wrong. Can't blame her as her life will always be under a microscope, much more than even CP of other countries. God bless her for taking on the role, I certainly couldn't live like that [especially at that age] but she is doing a really nice and pleasant job.

I agree with you in all points,Catherine really seems like a person who does think a lot before she acts (or says something in public) which is why she doesn´t have any scandals (the half-nude pictures are not her fault!)and is so well-accepted.

Just like Tiggersk 8 I would love to see her doing more charity for underprivileged kids because she really has a good way with children.She is very calm,patient and has a voice that is enjoyable to listen to-maybe she could read a little bit from books for little school children?In one interview she told the reporter how much she adored "Anne of Green Gables",it is a wonderful book for many age groups.
Sport-related causes would also be good since the UK has a lot of obese people and Diabetes which could be prevented if people do more sports&eat healthier. (I know that other countries have the same issues,our modern age with tv,computer & cars makes us do too little exercise.)The Duchess seems like a very sporty person and her husband once said that she can´t be beaten on the playing field:cool:

->“Catherine, on the other hand, with a tennis racket or a hockey stick is something to behold and be aware of."-Prince William

(source below)

Read more: Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Sports Stars Of Tomorrow
Follow us: @looktothestars on Twitter | looktothestarsorg on Facebook)

I hope she does something that involves children with special needs. Children seem to really enjoy spending time with her, and she appears to really love being with them, so maybe taking on a project dealing with integration would be up her alley.

I hope she does something that involves children with special needs. Children seem to really enjoy spending time with her, and she appears to really love being with them, so maybe taking on a project dealing with integration would be up her alley.

That's a good idea. I'd love to see her work with special needs kids. I also think it would be nice to see her do some work with at risk girls. I really enjoyed that she visited a group of teenage mothers during one of her visits.

I just think everyone should at least have a bit more patience and wait for the Duchess to start up her official engagements. The palace said that she's back to work and will be back at her public engagements soon. Now we know she'll be visiting Hope House for her Charity Action on Addiction on the 19th.

http://www.actiononaddiction.org.uk/Treatment/Hope-House.aspx

Action on Addiction is a really good charity. I'm glad to see Kate back to public duties.

Now that she is holidaying in Mustique, she ought to do public engagements or she is a thorough waste of tax payers money (that's where the security are paid from)!

Well she's obviously doing public engagements, since she has one in a few weeks (and its been announced that she's in contact and making arrangements for future engagements).

Last edited:
All the royal ladies take maternity leave. Mary, Victoria, Letizia, Marie, etc. Catherine will be no different.

The women you mention also maintained an active work schedule throughout their pregnancies, in some cases right up until they gave birth (like most "normal" pregnant women do). It seems unlikely Kate will do the same. (Though I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.)

^I haven't followed all of the royal pregnancies, but did any of them suffer from HG?

Every pregnancy is different, so I don't think we can really compare work schedules. At the end of the day, the amount of work they tackle really comes down to how they feel during the pregnancy.

Kate has just recovered from an illness. Shouldn't we wait a few months before we start talking about how lazy she is during this pregnancy?

Last edited:
The women you mention also maintained an active work schedule throughout their pregnancies, in some cases right up until they gave birth (like most "normal" pregnant women do). It seems unlikely Kate will do the same. (Though I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.)

Those women didn't have HG and didn't spend a significant time in the hospital. Can we just agree that EVERY woman has the right to make decisions about how active she should be during her pregnancy along with her doctor and husband?

Well,in one point they are correct-charities have always been largely dominated and supported by women.Royal women were no exception and often did wonderful things for their citizens like opening schools,hospitals or lending money when disaster struck a family.Of course reigning monarchs also do it for PR and to be popular in order to stay in power but most of the people involved truly felt for poor people and tried to relieve their suffering.
I am happy that the Duchess is following the tradition of women before her and works for charity.

Action on Addiction is a really good charity. I'm glad to see Kate back to public duties.

Well she's obviously doing public engagements, since she has one in a few weeks (and its been announced that she's in contact and making arrangements for future engagements).

It'll be obvious when we see it! Until now it's what we r told!

Even when there is an announce date of when she will be seen working (in less than 2 weeks), you interpreted it has if the palace is lying?

And her going to the NPG (one of her patronage) in January was not enough obviously for some, who got a lot of money and visitors from that visit.

Other than the bodyguards, Will and Kate don't get paid by the British taxpayers.

No, I don't say they are lying. She will do that public duty in 2 weeks.

What I don't quite believe is she was working during january

No, I don't say they are lying. She will do that public duty in 2 weeks.

What I don't quite believe is she was working during january

So those patronage were lying about her meeting, keeping in contact with them? Her sending arts to those kids and her calling the hospitals asking about those kids that she met?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom