Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^That's true.

Thanks for the info, Zonk.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Courtier

She was spotted this weekend and this at a gas station, at the gap looking for maternity pants, a sandwich shop and a drugstore. And people are acting like she's been out and about 24/7 'window' shopping at the mall

Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Courtier

We all know that there are some people who are constantly on the alert for anything they can criticize regarding the Duchess of Cambridge. It is really nothing new, in fact .... it is very, very, very old.!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
...And since when HG is an excuse for women to stop working?
I hope you never have HG that affects you as it does many women around the world. Also, has "criticism" been increasing? What sources can you cite of criticism?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Courtier

3 months? It's been like 8 weeks since she announce her pregnancy
Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
I hope you never have HG that affects you as it does many women around the world. Also, has "criticism" been increasing? What sources can you cite of criticism?

I always found the theory of HG very suspicious for a number of reason, may I?
What if you bother to read the British press and comments by the people as I do and check for yourself that the comments at not at all what they used to be? Why do I always have to provide for links? I certainly do not find a dose of reality in this forum.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
I always found the theory of HG very suspicious for a number of reason, may I?
What if you bother to read the British press and comments by the people as I do and check for yourself that the comments at not at all what they used to be? Why do I always have to provide for links? I certainly do not find a dose of reality in this forum.
If you're relying on forums commentary to get an accurate view of the public perception, you're playing a fool's game. It's fairly well known that people are much more likely to take the time to comment on news sites when they have something negative to say. Also, as someone who does some work for a news site- I believe something like 4% of the people who read the stories take the time to comment.

And you can doubt all you want that she's ill, but the fact is that she was forced into the hospital by extreme nausea, and had to announce her pregnancy much earlier than she would have liked. If you don't at least understand why the Duke and Duchess would have avoided the hospital had it been at all possible, I don't know what to tell you.

Although I would suggest... it's unhealthy to constantly dwell on negative thoughts and feelings about others.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Courtier

Just a thought, maybe she, William, her doctors & the royal family wants to wait until she is 4 months pregnant before she takes on more duties.

Maybe it's a high risk pregnancy. Maybe in addition to HG, she has diabetes or high blood pressure. Maybe she previously miscarried during the early weeks.

The press release stated she had HG but she could have other undisclosed problems with the pregnancy/her health.

She isn't under house arrest.

She's pregnant. She needs maternity clothes. She still needs to eat & put gas in her car. She is performing normal routine chores.

Her doctors might want her to limit her activities and the easiest way is to limit her royal duties.

I think it's best to leave Catherine alone and stop criticizing her.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Enough with the speculative discussion regarding Catherine's health, if you have that her health was not as serious as reported, than yes you need to provide proof to support your statements. Otherwise you are speculating.

If that's a problem, please contact me via Private Message. Any and all posts that disregard my posts, will be deleted without notice.

Likewise, any discussion regarding the Cambridge pregnancy should be discussed in the appropriate thread,
The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant! .

Let's try to stay on topic...Catherine's Charities and Patronages.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Majesty

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
We expect an announcement on new patronages soon but royal sources say her first engagements will be existing charities.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
I'm not expecting to see much of William at all because he wants to up his flying hours. Think Kate will be back to around that.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Courtier

Catherine is right now doing the only job she is "required" to do and that is to produce an heir. I actually hope she limits her outside work during these early years and really focuses on raising children. She has the luxury of doing so, and I hope she takes advantage of it. (Millions of women around the world do so without an eyebrow raised.) I applaud the royals in general for taking on charitable work, but I think the notion of using such involvement as a yardstick for worthiness, work ethic and/or general suitability to be royal is misplaced.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She's not required to produce an heir, she doesn't sign a contract to that affect. It is 'hoped for' that they will produce a child and Catherine will carry the future heir. Takes two to tango remember.

--------------------

I have unknowingly been working alongside someone who suffered from HG over Christmas, she was in hospital for longer than Catherine and yet came straight back to work and back to university the day after she was discharged. Yes she's suffering/suffered from HG, and she's supposedly not needed. But come on, the minute Henry returns from Afghanistan he's called straight back to "covering" for his brother and sister in law.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Lumutqueen;1511802]...the minute Henry returns from Afghanistan he's called straight back to "covering" for his brother and sister in law.[/QUOTE] I don't understand this bit - have I missed an announcement, or something?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

Does Britain have a Freedom of Information Act? If so The Daily Mail could put in a request for all of her time sheets to see how much she's doing....

P.S. That's a joke. Don't flip out.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

To Cepe - I can't quote your post at the minute. When Henry returned SKY news and BBC reporters both, in their interviews with him and talking to their respective studios both said he will have go come back and cover (that exact word) for his brother and sister in law when the baby arrives and with William at work.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Catherine is right now doing the only job she is "required" to do and that is to produce an heir....
Sorry but in which century do we live? That was long time ago when the women's role in the royalty was to produce heirs, that was the time when the the king had powers and ruled the country. As I hope you know, that was long time ago, centuries ago in fact.
Since the monarch has no power anymore, the role of the royal family is a bit different, they are suppose to help the country in many ways, representing it abroad and supporting charities at home. I see nothing misplaced in it... afterall, why would they be worth if they did nothing of this? Why would be worth to have an heir if then he/she would serve for nothing??

As to stop work to raise children... She doesn't need to stop to work to raise children, she can perfectly do both at the same time, many royals do and they work much more than Kate.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
To Cepe - I can't quote your post at the minute. When Henry returned SKY news and BBC reporters both, in their interviews with him and talking to their respective studios both said he will have go come back and cover (that exact word) for his brother and sister in law when the baby arrives and with William at work.
Crikey! I expect he's at home right now swotting up on the National Portrait Gallery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
...She doesn't need to stop to work to raise children, she can perfectly do both at the same time, many royals do and they work much more than Kate.
My take on this is very simple - she is a part-time royal; the other examples (say MAxima and Matilde) are full time. For info, their public diairies show that their workload for February is Maxima 1 event and MAtilde 2

She has been ill, she is recovering and I think that it is great that she is going to be out and about again. Hopefully she can make trips to EACH and to Action on Addiction. Perhaps Liverpool again for the latter, then she might be able to pop into Wales and see William.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Courtier

I am quite sure that Catherine is doing EXACTLY what the Queen, Doctor and her husband want her to do at this time. And really,they are the ONLY people that have a proper say in the matter.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
... have unknowingly been working alongside someone who suffered from HG over Christmas, she was in hospital for longer than Catherine and yet came straight back to work and back to university the day after she was discharged. Yes she's suffering/suffered from HG, and she's supposedly not needed. But come on, the minute Henry returns from Afghanistan he's called straight back to "covering" for his brother and sister in law.
How soon someone with HG returns to work/regular activities depends on a number of things. I imagine Kate and her doctor know what is best for her situation.

Is Harry being forced to cover for them, or is it something he wants to do? In one of the recent interviews, he said he seriously hopes that the media leaves Catherine alone so that she can enjoy some privacy, and time as a mother/mother-to-be. So stepping in for Kate just might be something he really wants (and volunteered) to do.

Anyway, one of the royal reporters said that Catherine will be announcing her new charities very soon, and she's expected to be doing around 2 engagements a month.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
[/B] ...she is a part-time royal; the other examples (say MAxima and Matilde) are full time.
Scroll down to see how many engagements Mathilde has had per year (par annťe on the right side) De Belgische Monarchie: Home - Archief - Archief - Archief - Archief She has never down than 90 engagements per year. Catherine did over 100 engagements has a part time royal last year.

Even has a part time royal she does more or less the same as those other crown princess.
Aren't most of the BRF coming out of their Christmas/Winter hiatus (in February)?