The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Majesty

I agree, that was a very nice treat for the people of Catherine & William and Harry's charities.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
What a once in a lifetime experience for very deserving kids!
I can only imagine. So happy for all involved.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We have to take into consideration too that Philip has been a full time working royal for as long as his wife has been on the throne. That's 61 years now. Kate's a part time royal. If the Firm is happy with things the way they are, I can't complain.
I also believe that the decision to continue with their patronages needs to be made by HM and the DoE. They'll retire when they are ready.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Majesty

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 7h
We have added a new focus feature on The Duchess of Cambridge's work supporting children's hospices. Read it here - http://bit.ly/17whKXH

Children's hospices

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 7h
We have added a new focus feature on The Duchess of Cambridge's work supporting children's hospices. Read it here - http://bit.ly/17whKXH

Children's hospices
Love the pictures with this article- especially the one of Catherine and the kids in music class, as I had not seen that one before. Made my day. The combination of Catherine and children never gets old.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Love the pictures with this article- especially the one of Catherine and the kids in music class, as I had not seen that one before. Made my day. The combination of Catherine and children never gets old.
The more I see of this woman with children, the more I wish she could be the teacher for one of the self-contained classes in my school. I have no doubt that the children would receive the attention and care that they need. I'm so glad Catherine chose to give a piece of herself to these children, and their families. It more than likely means the world to them.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
The more I see of this woman with children, the more I wish she could be the teacher for one of the self-contained classes in my school. I have no doubt that the children would receive the attention and care that they need. I'm so glad Catherine chose to give a piece of herself to these children, and their families. It more than likely means the world to them.
I can see why you feel that way. I agree with you. Could not have said it better myself.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I can see why you feel that way. I agree with you. Could not have said it better myself.
I do try. But on a more serious note, I think it's very sad, that a person who never got any formal training on how to work with children is able to do so with flying colors, while someone who has had training, AND experience in the field is still fretting about getting her hands dirty, and refuses to work with a little girl just because she happens to drool. Makes me wonder about the criteria for teaching certification; perhaps it should be based on ability rather than test scores, and degrees.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by renauld View Post
I honestly believe Catherine will be one of the greatest assets in the BRF. She has the necessary people skills especially with children to truly make a difference.
Truer words were never spoken.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I honestly believe Catherine will be one of the greatest assets in the BRF. She has the necessary people skills especially with children to truly make a difference.
You said it .

Old 09-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I do try. But on a more serious note, I think it's very sad, that a person who never got any formal training on how to work with children is able to do so with flying colors, while someone who has had training, AND experience in the field is still fretting about getting her hands dirty, and refuses to work with a little girl just because she happens to drool. Makes me wonder about the criteria for teaching certification; perhaps it should be based on ability rather than test scores, and degrees.
Just saw this and had to comment. I too find it sad that a woman who never had any formal training as an educator is able to do with flying colors, while some of the ones with fancy degrees should not be in the classroom. I have known of actors and veterinarians who are better able to cope with kids drooling. How sad is that? I would love to see the said actor and said veterinarian give that teacher a piece of their mind. And then play with the child. I know neither would bat an eyelash. Teaching certification should deal with heart, and ability, not fancy degrees and test scores.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Just saw this and had to comment. I too find it sad that a woman who never had any formal training as an educator is able to do with flying colors, while some of the ones with fancy degrees should not be in the classroom. I have known of actors and veterinarians who are better able to cope with kids drooling. How sad is that? I would love to see the said actor and said veterinarian give that teacher a piece of their mind. And then play with the child. I know neither would bat an eyelash. Teaching certification should deal with heart, and ability, not fancy degrees and test scores.
Oh, now there's a dream team for the room in question; actor, vet in question, and Duchess of Cambridge. Yep, that would work. No degrees in education, but so, so much love and care to give. Much better than having a piece of paper that says you're allowed to teach.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh, now there's a dream team for the room in question; actor, vet in question, and Duchess of Cambridge. Yep, that would work. No degrees in education, but so, so much love and care to give. Much better than having a piece of paper that says you're allowed to teach.
Sign me up.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

Yes it is great to see they're keeping things current and up to date. Speaking of Kate and EACH, did all of you see that the Baby Cambridge Fundraiser not only met it's target amount, but smashed it!?! It's been awhile since I've seen an update, so don't know what the final amount is, but The last time I saw it, they were about 2000£ over the target. I could have that wrong as I'm going by memory, so don't quote me on that. :)

Of all the things done to celebrate Prince George's Birth, this one IMO was the best of the bunch. :)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

while someone who has had training, AND experience in the field is still fretting about getting her hands dirty, and refuses to work with a little girl just because she happens to drool.
I seem to have missed something- who is being referenced here?

Also, just as a general comment on being an educator, I can tell you that liking children- even relating well to them- does not automatically mean you will be an effective teacher.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post

I seem to have missed something- who is being referenced here?

Also, just as a general comment on being an educator, I can tell you that liking children- even relating well to them- does not automatically mean you will be an effective teacher.
While true, Daria works w/children w/Special Needs and/or severe Disabilities. That's an area of teaching where the qualities she's been talking about are needed and in spades. She's referring to someone she either works w/now or in the past I believe.

BTW, we need to add Sophie Wessex and CP Victoria and Prince Daniel to that list of those who could have wonderful Special Needs Teachers. We can't forget HM Queen Mathilde either, as wasn't she working as a Children's Speech Therapist when her and the then Crown Prince Phillipe's engagement was announced?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Kate's upcoming (as I'm sure they're being planned) engagements dealing w/w The Children's Hospices she's Patron of in the next few months. Now that's Kate's a Mum, the work she's doing w/them will take on an entirely new importance in many ways to HRH.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

https://www.justgiving.com/BabyCambridgeFundraiser

They have raised £5,598.64 from 222 donations, their original goal was
£5,000.00, so a 111% increase which is just brilliant

The amount is of July 22 2013.
My manners seem to be off tonight, as I would have done this a few minutes ago, but...

Thank you Renauld for finding and posting that!!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Courtier

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's official website added a new section focusing on children's hospices

Children's hospices
Old 09-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

While true, Daria works w/children w/Special Needs and/or severe Disabilities. That's an area of teaching where the qualities she's been talking about are needed and in spades. She's referring to someone she either works w/now or in the past I believe.

BTW, we need to add Sophie Wessex and CP Victoria and Prince Daniel to that list of those who could have wonderful Special Needs Teachers. We can't forget HM Queen Mathilde either, as wasn't she working as a Children's Speech Therapist when her and the then Crown Prince Phillipe's engagement was announced?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Kate's upcoming (as I'm sure they're being planned) engagements dealing w/w The Children's Hospices she's Patron of in the next few months. Now that's Kate's a Mum, the work she's doing w/them will take on an entirely new importance in many ways to HRH.
Thank you for the clarification. It is indeed a fellow co-worker, who is not happy with her assignment for the year. I'm saddened for the children, because they can't help what they do at times. You're right about Sophie Wessex, the Crown Princely couple from Sweden, and I didn't know aboutQueen Mathilde's work with children. It's absolutely paramount to be kind-hearted, and fond of children when working with the special needs population, because you're not just teaching; you're showing acceptance to someone that may have never known it. If you don't want to get your hands dirty, find another job. You're spot on about Catherine as well.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Courtier

It might be a sign she's going to have some visits to her charities in the near future.