The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend a meeting of the newly established 23rd Poplar Beaver Scout Colony, in support of The Scout Association's "Better Prepared" campaign. Her Royal Highness will meet the group's volunteer Scout Leader and help the group with activities designed to gain their Disability Awareness Award, including learning sign language. Her Royal Highness will then present the badges-

Home - ITNSource News

There are times when I SWEAR that we share a brain :D. I get what you're feeling, because I feel it too. It's knowing that someone in her position would see your worth by taking the time to learn, and help children learn what it's like to work with a exceptionality.

You can tell that she cares, and like her husband, she'll be the voice for those of us that get lost in the crowd, because people don't want to take the time and open their hearts. I wish more people that work in the special education field would take a leaf out of her book.

You said it! And she's a natural at hand-over (or under)-hand assistance. As I've said for years, the woman would be a gift in a special ed classroom.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
@ Daria - Last night is a good example of why the director at the center for developmentally delayed mentally handicapped children said - " I would hire her tomorrow!"

@ Daria - Last night is a good example of why the director at the center for developmentally delayed mentally handicapped children said - " I would hire her tomorrow!"

I was at a job interview today, and it was for a TA position in a special education preschool. There were so many kids who would benefit from working with someone like Catherine. The director is very hands-on, and kids love him. I can definitely picture Catherine in that environment.

I was at a job interview today, and it was for a TA position in a special education preschool. There were so many kids who would benefit from working with someone like Catherine. The director is very hands-on, and kids love him. I can definitely picture Catherine in that environment.

So can I! Love that! Hope the job works out! Was it the school Kate visited?
Keep me posted!

Last edited:
It is a wonderful cause. Good luck on the job. It takes a special person to work with special needs children, but educators change the world.

And Daria is one of the most special people I know!

Is it part of a public school district or a private institution? Good luck Daria.:)

So can I! Love that! Hope the job works out! Was it the school Kate visited?
Keep me posted!

No, it's not the school that Kate visited, though it would be an honor to work in an institution that regarded her so highly. It's a preschool in Brooklyn, ran by Hellen Keller Services for the Blind. I'm sure if you look that up, something about the school will pop up.

It is a wonderful cause. Good luck on the job. It takes a special person to work with special needs children, but educators change the world.

Thank you! I try my best to be what the children need, and cross my fingers that it works out in the end.

And Daria is one of the most special people I know!

Thank you :flowers:.

Is it part of a public school district or a private institution? Good luck Daria.:)

This is a special needs preschool that is ran out of an agency. The kids don't pay to go there, so it's not private. It operates on the NYC Department of Ed. calendar, and I think it's funded by the state. There's a name for that type of school, but I forgot what it is.

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 23 mins 23 minutes ago
#DuchessofCambridge has attended a reception as patron of #royalfoundation to discuss its support of palliative care hospices for children.

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 21 mins 21 minutes ago
It was #Kate's second behind the scenes engagement this week. Yesterday she made a private visit to a hospital school.

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 19 mins 19 minutes ago
#royalfoundation is looking at ways to support hospices for children with life threatening illnesses. Kate is patron of @EACH_hospices

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 23 mins 23 minutes ago
#DuchessofCambridge has attended a reception as patron of #royalfoundation to discuss its support of palliative care hospices for children.

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 21 mins 21 minutes ago
It was #Kate's second behind the scenes engagement this week. Yesterday she made a private visit to a hospital school.

PA Royal Reporters @PARoyal · 19 mins 19 minutes ago
#royalfoundation is looking at ways to support hospices for children with life threatening illnesses. Kate is patron of @EACH_hospices
This is great. Love to see what they will do with it in the future. Makes me happy to hear about this behind the scenes work.

these very well may be the types of engagements she has been doing all along 'behind the scenes' and because of the recent criticism of her lack of activities, they are now being announced the day of in the court circular; not photo ops but part of her job.

nice job from the KP press office.

these very well may be the types of engagements she has been doing all along 'behind the scenes' and because of the recent criticism of her lack of activities, they are now being announced the day of in the court circular; not photo ops but part of her job.

I agree. That + new PR person that actually knows how to do the job! :p

Which is for the best. People should know about the work Catherine is doing behind the scenes. Information about her charitable meetings, lunches and outings should be known and accounted for in the CC.

Which is for the best. People should know about the work Catherine is doing behind the scenes. Information about her charitable meetings, lunches and outings should be known and accounted for in the CC.
I agree. The other royals show it in the CC, so ofc should hers :)

I agree. The other royals show it in the CC, so ofc should hers :)

The royals do so much behind the scenes, but when it's not highlighted and reported on, it causes the media and others to question what the royals do when they're not on public duties. Then you end up reading those "lazy" headlines. I think in-depth royal documentaries and specials helps in this department.

The royals do so much behind the scenes, but when it's not highlighted and reported on, it causes the media and others to question what the royals do when they're not on public duties. Then you end up reading those "lazy" headlines. I think in-depth royal documentaries and specials helps in this department.
Exactly. That's so true.

I think there are no photos because of the situation: they are children with mental issues and such. It would be inappropriate and unconfortable I think, for the children to have cameras on them....

I think there are no photos because of the situation: they are children with mental issues and such. It would be inappropriate and unconfortable I think, for the children to have cameras on them....
Exactly. It would have been totally inappropriate. Maybe a simple photo taken by a parent, but nothing more than that!

Visits like that require a certain sensitiveness... Flashes and media would have been too much

There are no photos because it was a private engagement. Royal watchers should be used to this. Private meetings, briefings etc happen every day. Just take a look at the Court Circular. They usually take place inside their offices (like today) but can take place elsewhere.

It would help if KP didnt use the word "private"

There are no photos because it was a private engagement. Royal watchers should be used to this. Private meetings, briefings etc happen every day. Just take a look at the Court Circular. They usually take place inside their offices (like today) but can take place elsewhere.

It would help if KP didnt use the word "private"
I agree. Just using the words meeting, charity meeting etc would be better. And add that no pictures will be released. Instead of using the word private which prompts the "If it's private how come we know about it, they just want PR"-comments.

It really no different when they met with parents who lost their children or relatives of soldiers who died. It done without cameras and press present because of the sensitive nature.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think it's very understandable that there may not be any pictures and videos of these unannounced visits, but at least her work behind the scenes are being highlighted (by KP/media) and being included in the Court Circular. People need to know what she's doing when she's not working on public engagements.

I think palace officials was finding it hard to do this.

Last edited:
Catherine looks so lovely, and happy. She's glowing. It's delightful to see her so hands-on, and painting with the children.

The woman has a smile and laugh that lights up the room. It's kept me smiling for days. I'm sure Wednesday will be the same. Will take all I can get. Can never have enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom