The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families-
Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families - Mirror Online

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 1h
KP tell me today's visit is a very personal one for Kate, who devised MPACT-Plus which helps kids whose parents have drug & alcohol issues.

Contd.... she has taken a close interest in its progress.

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 27m
The Duchess hears about early support for children, parents and families affected by parental drug & alcohol misuse
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/status/483926360751362049

Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...mbridge-visits-London-school-with-John-Bishop

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/483943108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-delights-school-children-charity-visit.html

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited a school in North London today, to see first-hand the work of a project she launched with comedian John Bishop which helps families affected by addiction-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE VISITS SCHOOL, ISLINGTON

Last edited:
Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families-
Kate Middleton LIVE: Updates as Duchess of Cambridge and John Bishop visit school to help addicts' families - Mirror Online

KP tell me today's visit is a very personal one for Kate, who devised MPACT-Plus which helps kids whose parents have drug & alcohol issues.

The Duchess hears about early support for children, parents and families affected by parental drug & alcohol misuse

Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop-
Kate Middleton is a beauty in pink as she is surrounded by smiling children on school trip | Royal | News | Daily Express

HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school -
Kate Duchess of Cambridge delights school children on charity visit in pink | Mail Online

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited a school in North London today, to see first-hand the work of a project she launched with comedian John Bishop which helps families affected by addiction-
Home - ITNSource News

Love the photos from the daily Mail. As always, Kate with children is one magical combination.

This is heart-warming. Thank you for sharing. Definitely put a smile on my face.

Kate Middleton is a beauty in pink as she is surrounded by smiling children on school trip | Royal | News | Daily Express

Kate Duchess of Cambridge delights school children on charity visit in pink | Mail Online

Video:
Home - ITNSource News

Catherine is in her element here. Hope she does more engagements where children are involved. She absolutely shines there.

Love the photos from the daily Mail. As always, Kate with children is one magical combination.

In full agreement here.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 42m 42 minutes ago
#DuchessOfCambridge will visit 23rd Poplar Beaver Scout Colony in support of Scout Association's "Better Prepared" campaign tomorrow.

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 40m 40 minutes ago
One of the activities #DuchessOfCambridge will take part in at the Beaver Scout visit is learning sign language.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 58m 58 minutes ago
Kate will meet the group's volunteer Scout Leader and help the group with activities designed to gain their Disability Awareness Award.

Last edited:
The U.S. equivalent of Beaver scouts is Tigers so this is the youngest group of scouts. Hope that William and Kate sign George up for Scouts in the future. IMO it's an outstanding program.

A night to remember | Scouts
HRH, The Duchess of Cambridge will pay a visit to a new Scout Group to mark the launch of our Better Prepared project.

The Duchess will join a Scout Group in East London that was opened as part of the Better Prepared project, which will see us working with local communities to open new Scout groups in 200 areas around the country where Scouting can have the biggest impact.

The aim is to ensure that even more children have the chance to experience fun and adventure through Scouting, while developing skills that will help change their lives.

The Duchess, who is an official volunteer at Scouts, will delight young people and their leaders with a visit to their Scout HQ in Bow. During the evening, The Duchess will enjoy taking part in activities with the Beaver Scouts, helping to raise disability awareness. Activities will include learning how to communicate through sign-language and navigating through activities requiring co-ordination while blind-folded.

Kate Middleton live: Updates as pregnant Duchess of Cambridge visits Scouts - Mirror Online

Last edited by a moderator:
reprobatemum @Reprobatemum · 32m
Just dropped kids off at scots to be told HRH Kate would be gracing them with her presence. Bonkers #DuchessofCambridge

"Royal hoodie
Arriving at just before 7pm after getting stuck in traffic wearing a black scouting hoodie teamed with jeans and boots, she looked casual and ready to get stuck in.

Kate is due to help six to eight-year-olds with activities to gain their Disability Awareness Award, including learning sign language before presenting the badges."

"Kate to cut chocolate with boxing gloves
We are getting more details on what Kate is likely to do tonight and it is...different.

Apparently she is going to cut up a chocolate bar while wearing boxing gloves, help ice a cake while blindfolded and learn the Scout Promise in sign language.

These are all activities that help able bodied young people understand and in turn empathise with people who have some form of affliction or disability."
Kate Middleton live: Updates as pregnant Duchess of Cambridge visits Scouts - Mirror Online

Duchess of Cambridge joins Beaver Scout meeting - Telegraph
The Duchess of Cambridge dressed down in a black Scout hoodie and skinny jeans to join a colony of Beaver Scouts for their weekly meeting.

The Duchess, who worked as a volunteer for the Scout Association when she and the Duke of Cambridge lived in Anglesey, North Wales, got back into the swing of being an assistant when she helped children at the 23rd Poplar Beaver Scout Colony win a new badge.

It promised to be a messy evening as the Duchess, who is five months pregnant with her second child, helped the Beavers, aged between five and eight, learn about life with disabilities.

Sporting the Scout hoodie and matching black jeans and boots, the Duchess, who was invited to join in all of the activities, was helping teach the children how to ice a cake blindfolded, cut up a chocolate bar with boxing gloves, learn the Scout Promise in sign language, and put on a wet suit while blindfolded, supported by two-times world para triathlon champion Steve Judge.

Duchess of Cambridge dresses down in jeans for Beaver Scouts meeting | Royal | News | Daily Express
IN black hoodie and skinny jeans, the dressed-down Duchess of Cambridge was prepared for mayhem tonight when she joined a colony of Beaver Scouts at their weekly meeting.

Kate, who worked as a volunteer for the Scout Association when she and Prince William lived in Anglesey, North Wales, got back into the swing of being an assistant when she helped children at the 23rd Poplar Beaver Scout Colony win a new badge.

It promised to be a messy evening as the Duchess, who is five months pregnant with her second child, helped the Beavers, aged between five and eight, learn about life with disabilities.

IMO this is important for all able bodied individuals to experience if only for a brief time. Our school district's required for graduation health class has a two week unit on disability awareness which includes activities like the ones on tonight's agenda.

As a disabled person I so agree! I don't have words for how much Kate doing this means to me...
And I'd love to have been there when that mum dropped her kid off, and was told about Kate!

Oh would I love to be able to be a part of this scouting event! As a former Girl Scout and then Girl Scout leader, I can guarantee that these kids are going to have the time of their lives while learning awareness of what it is like to be disabled. This age group has to be the most fun to be with and work with I think.

Casual in black: Kate swaps high-end fashion for a hoodie - and a blindfold - as she arrives to help Beaver Scouts ice a cake* | Daily Mail Online
The Duchess of Cambridge exchanged high end fashion for a hoodie as she helped out a Beaver Scout colony tonight.

Kate, who is five months pregnant, wore a black UK Scouting hooded top with black skinny J Brand jeans and boots as she helped eager youngsters to ice a cake blindfold.

Kate worked as a volunteer for the Scout Association when she and Prince William lived in Anglesey, North Wales, and looked delighted to be helping children at the 23rd Poplar Beaver Scout Colony win a new badge.

It promised to be a messy evening as the Duchess helped the Beavers, aged between five and eight, learn about life with disabilities.

As well as teaching the children to ice a cake, Kate was due to cut up a chocolate bar with boxing gloves, learn the Scout Promise in sign language, and put a wet suit on blindfolded, supported by two-times world para triathlon champion Steve Judge.

In return, the children will earn a disability awareness badge.

The Duchess went to the meeting at Old Ford Primary School in Bow in the East End to highlight the Scout Association’s new campaign, Better Prepared, designed to bring Scouting to 200 of the most deprived parts of the country.

Video:
@ClarenceHouse: The Duchess helps Fynley Gooch aged six a member of the 23rd Poplar Beaver Scouts Colony…
Instagram

Duchess of Cambridge visits excited scout group - ITV News
The Duchess of Cambridge has paid a visit to a beaver scout group in East London tonight.

Dressed down in a black tracksuit the pregnant princess joined in with the 23rd Poplar beavers group's evening activities as she helped promote the creation of new beaver groups across the country.

The official Clarence House twitter account posted a picture of the princess eating chocolates with the beavers.

Some of the quotes from the children tonight are priceless.

As a disabled person I so agree! I don't have words for how much Kate doing this means to me...
And I'd love to have been there when that mum dropped her kid off, and was told about Kate!

There are times when I SWEAR that we share a brain :D. I get what you're feeling, because I feel it too. It's knowing that someone in her position would see your worth by taking the time to learn, and help children learn what it's like to work with a exceptionality.

Love the pic of Kate giving the kids a thumbs up. Again, for someone like her to do this- tells me I matter to her, and that is... priceless. An amazing feeling I almost don't have words for.

You can tell that she cares, and like her husband, she'll be the voice for those of us that get lost in the crowd, because people don't want to take the time and open their hearts. I wish more people that work in the special education field would take a leaf out of her book.

As always, love the Duchess with kids! That's when she's at her best! Hope she does a Xmas EACH engagement...

You said it! And she's a natural at hand-over (or under)-hand assistance. As I've said for years, the woman would be a gift in a special ed classroom.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She certainly seemed more natural and engaged this time with children!

Well I always think she's engaged and natural so its a matter of what we choose to see. Read the comments from people she meets on each engagement and its always positive.

There are times when I SWEAR that we share a brain :D. I get what you're feeling, because I feel it too. It's knowing that someone in her position would see your worth by taking the time to learn, and help children learn what it's like to work with a exceptionality.

You can tell that she cares, and like her husband, she'll be the voice for those of us that get lost in the crowd, because people don't want to take the time and open their hearts. I wish more people that work in the special education field would take a leaf out of her book.

You said it! And she's a natural at hand-over (or under)-hand assistance. As I've said for years, the woman would be a gift in a special ed classroom.

I swear sometimes we do.
I agree on all other parts of your post.
For a while, some small part of me has had the nagging thought " Is Kate comfortable with people with disabilities? " I don't wonder after this.
Love the pics with the kids.

ooh look, she rolled her eyes and made them laugh! :eek:;););)

She certainly seemed more natural and engaged this time with children!

From where I' sitting, she's always engaged, but even more so with children. They're drawn to her, and I have a feeling it's not just because she's a princess. Children can tell when people are being genuine, and from the beginning, Catherine has been nothing but that. Believe me, if she even gave off the slightest vibe of awkward, children would not be so willing to have her participate in their activities.

Well I always think she's engaged and natural so its a matter of what we choose to see. Read the comments from people she meets on each engagement and its always positive.

This is absolutely true. Those that met her have no reason to make up positive stories, if the truth is the opposite.

I swear sometimes we do.

I agree on all other parts of your post.

For a while, some small part of me has had the nagging thought " Is Kate comfortable with people with disabilities? " I don't wonder after this.

Love the pics with the kids.

Oh, she definitely hit the ball way out of the ball park. Whenever I think that there's no way she can top something, she goes and does just that.

This has been a really nice snapshot of Kates personality and I find myself respecting her more and more.

She appears to have not only retained her pre-royal traits but harnessed them for good use.

It made me smile to see those pictures of her interacting and you can see that she forgets from time to time that she is being photographed.

I like her a lot and feel that she is a real asset to the royal family.

I even like her stance on private and professional life and even though Im like most people where I would love to see more of her private moments I totally respect the fact that Kate and Will for that matter keep a tight rein on that type of exposure.

There is afterall plenty of time for more access when he becomes King and I guess until then it will be professional profiles and the odd glimpse of family life.

Poplar

This scout group is from Poplar, the part of East London where 'Call the Midwife' is set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom