The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Majesty

Live: Duchess of Cambridge's visit to Wythenshawe:
Live blog: Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, visits Willows primary school in Wythenshawe - Manchester Evening News

The Duchess is expected to arrive at around 1pm.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Tom Brooks-Pollock ‏@tombrookspolloc 1m
Kate's been presented with a doggy hamper for royal cocker spaniel, lupo, and a posy #wythenshawe #willows #royalvisit

Pictures:
http://twitpic.com/cld7el

https://twitter.com/TueBlue/status/3...018112/photo/1

Tom: Kate's in a closed meeting with counsellors from addiction charity and kids who they counsel #wythenshawe #royalvisit

Kate visits Manchester school:
http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-0...hester-school/

Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Majesty

Tom: We're just waiting in the school hall where Kate will say a few words about the addiction charity, as will John Bishop

Luisa Baldini ‏@LuisaBaldini1 3m
After her speech #DuchessOfCambridge will plant a willow tree, she will take another away with her to plant at one of the royal residences
Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm confused - should these updates on todays events be in the current events thread?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Majesty

I thought since her engagements was dealing with her charities, that the updates belong here.

I thought she did pretty well with her speech. Of course there were a little nerves involved but I think the most important thing is to focus on the purpose of her speech rather than the mistakes made.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with cepe.
Dman, I thought this thread was to discuss thing related with her charities and patronages but more stuff like news that sometimes pop in the media about them, how much money they raise, some kind of initiative, etc. Today's event is a Current Event, I think. But of couse, I could be wrong
Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought this thread advised about what charities and patronages she had taken on, and info about them; and then when she visited them it went into the current events thread.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Caring Kate's heart goes out to children | Royal | News | Daily Express

This is an interesting article in that it gives some backround as to (perhaps) how Catherine got involved through charitable work done by her parents company. It is information that I hadn't read about before.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Caring Kate's heart goes out to children | Royal | News | Daily Express

This is an interesting article in that it gives some backround as to (perhaps) how Catherine got involved through charitable work done by her parents company. It is information that I hadn't read about before.
Great article- Love the pics here!
I find the expression on the little boy's face in the 3rd pic hysterical!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Erton View Post
Wonderful article! Again, this is the sort of news I like to read......
Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Majesty

How delightful! Again, not at all surprising, because it's Catherine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Oh, what a treat!
My sentiments exactly!

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Place2Be launches The Journal 2013:
"We're excited to announce the publication of our Journal, a celebration of Place2Be's work, recent news and our plans for the future. It's packed with stories from our school-based staff, volunteers, supporters, partners and - most importantly - the children and families we reach in schools every day"

"We're very honoured that our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, has written a letter to introduce our Journal"

Click on the Link to Download Catherine Letter-
Place2Be | News | Place2Be launches The Journal 2013

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Place2Be launches The Journal 2013:
"We're excited to announce the publication of our Journal, a celebration of Place2Be's work, recent news and our plans for the future. It's packed with stories from our school-based staff, volunteers, supporters, partners and - most importantly - the children and families we reach in schools every day"

"We're very honoured that our Royal Patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, has written a letter to introduce our Journal"

Click on the Link to Download Catherine Letter-
Place2Be | News | Place2Be launches The Journal 2013
Thanks for sharing:-)
Lovely and thoughtful letter from Catherine,Duchess of Cambridge! She is a caring and compassionate person and she knows how to express herself in a beautiful way as we can see in this letter & from other occasions too.
. Helen Keller
Old 06-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Nobility

I am disappointed with how few organisations kate is involved with so far, 92 year old Prince Philip is patrron of over 800 organisations! Hopefully the younger royals will continue to take on more responsibilities and ease the burden on the older royals.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I am disappointed with how few organisations kate is involved with so far, 92 year old Prince Philip is patrron of over 800 organisations! Hopefully the younger royals will continue to take on more responsibilities and ease the burden on the older royals.
We have to take into consideration too that Philip has been a full time working royal for as long as his wife has been on the throne. That's 61 years now. Kate's a part time royal. If the Firm is happy with things the way they are, I can't complain.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We have to take into consideration too that Philip has been a full time working royal for as long as his wife has been on the throne. That's 61 years now. Kate's a part time royal. If the Firm is happy with things the way they are, I can't complain.
I completely agree that Kate is a new royal and Philip has been around for decades, but I think she is capable of doing much much more. i don't want to sound like one of the Waity Kate bashers on here but I think if she was more like Princess Anne (or even the Queen!) then she would be even more popular.

Probably in the not-too-distant future the Queen and DoE won't be around any more - and there will suddenly be a massive void in the royal workload - over 1000 organisations no longer with Royal patrons, and hundreds of fewer engagements being carried out. The Queen's children are working at full capacity but the younger 3 could be doing much more. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the next few years after the baby comes along.

Another solution could be for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to be on the royal payroll, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
I completely agree that Kate is a new royal and Philip has been around for decades, but I think she is capable of doing much much more. i don't want to sound like one of the Waity Kate bashers on here but I think if she was more like Princess Anne (or even the Queen!) then she would be even more popular.
She is doing much more. She's about to provide the House of Windsor with an heir to the throne. I would bet though that by the time she is as old as the Princess Royal, she'll have a workload as heavy if not heavier. She'll be Queen Consort long before that.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge's royal duties will increase over time. Can't really compare her to the veteran royals.

We have to remember that The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh's and other royals official duties also increased over time back in the day. They didn't start out with hundreds of charities and hundreds of official duties. It's a gradual process that takes years to develop.

Catherine will be adding more charitable patronages to her list as time goes on.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I also believe that the decision to continue with their patronages needs to be made by HM and the DoE. They'll retire when they are ready.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by renauld View Post
I honestly believe Catherine will be one of the greatest assets in the BRF. She has the necessary people skills especially with children to truly make a difference.
Truer words were never spoken.