The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Nobility

What type of new patronages do you guys think she should or will take on this year? It will be interesting to see what other things interest her.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Majesty

I don't know why everyone is getting so testy here. The palace released some information that The Duchess of Cambridge is getting better, she's working behind the scenes and will get back to her official engagements soon.

I think we just have to be a little patient and wait until she's back out and about again.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
What type of new patronages do you guys think she should or will take on this year? It will be interesting to see what other things interest her.
Thank you for trying to get the thread back on track.

I've been wondering about this and I'd love for her to do something w/underprivledged kids and opening more chances for them to get into Sport. Such as helping w/the fees for whatever's needed and the Family can't provide that's part and parcel of the Sport. Such as a Uniform and Kleats for a Soccer Team. There's got to be organizations out there who are trying so hard to help these kids, but are limited by the current economic situation, who would LOVE to have a Royal Patron boost their visibility in the public.

That's just me of course, but that's one thing I'd love to see Kate get involved in.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Nobility

Yeah I know some of the patronages have been dealing with those issues although I think William likes the sports programs and education. I don't know I'd love to see her branch out. She started with patronages that reflect her passions and personality but I think is be great for her to try something new like Diana with the landmines. I'd also like to see her on an international stage more. There are just so many opportunities.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Courtier

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
@royalwatcherUK We expect an announcement on new patronages soon but royal sources say her first engagements will be existing charities.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Scroll down to see how many engagements Mathilde has had per year (par année on the right side) De Belgische Monarchie: Home - Archief - Archief - Archief - Archief She has never down than 90 engagements per year. Catherine did over 100 engagements has a part time royal last year.
I have no intention of engaging myself in a discussion about Catherine's workload. I just want to point out that such superficial comparisons are always misleading.
You have to take into consideration how events are listed or counted. And the numbers can differ vastly, depending on the way you count. For example: Mathilde's visit to the province Waals-Brabant is listed as 1 engagement, in the "British way" it would count as 5 engagements; Mathilde's visit to Vietnam from 10-16 March is listed as 1 engagement, if you would count Kate's visit to Singapore, Malaysia etc. as 1 engagement you would have to subtract 33 engagements from her total number.. and so on...and so on
Unless you take the trouble of counting the engagements of both princesses in exactly the same way you will not have a clear and correct picture.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Gentry

when will she start again doing engagements?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess jones View Post
when will she start again doing engagements?
My guess is this month.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Courtier

She's expected to be back to work still this month :)

She's doing private visits
Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Knowing people from that specific social register, I sincerely believe that Catherine does not do exactly what she wants whenever she wants. She will think each occasion over extremely well before acting and seek advise on the situation. She is not a silly child and does not want to put a foot wrong. Can't blame her as her life will always be under a microscope, much more than even CP of other countries. God bless her for taking on the role, I certainly couldn't live like that [especially at that age] but she is doing a really nice and pleasant job.
I agree with you in all points,Catherine really seems like a person who does think a lot before she acts (or says something in public) which is why she doesn´t have any scandals (the half-nude pictures are not her fault!)and is so well-accepted.
. Helen Keller
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Just like Tiggersk 8 I would love to see her doing more charity for underprivileged kids because she really has a good way with children.She is very calm,patient and has a voice that is enjoyable to listen to-maybe she could read a little bit from books for little school children?In one interview she told the reporter how much she adored "Anne of Green Gables",it is a wonderful book for many age groups.
Sport-related causes would also be good since the UK has a lot of obese people and Diabetes which could be prevented if people do more sports&eat healthier. (I know that other countries have the same issues,our modern age with tv,computer & cars makes us do too little exercise.)The Duchess seems like a very sporty person and her husband once said that she can´t be beaten on the playing field

->“Catherine, on the other hand, with a tennis racket or a hockey stick is something to behold and be aware of."-Prince William

(source below)

Read more: Duke And Duchess Of Cambridge Visit Sports Stars Of Tomorrow
Follow us: @looktothestars on Twitter | looktothestarsorg on Facebook)
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
I hope she does something that involves children with special needs. Children seem to really enjoy spending time with her, and she appears to really love being with them, so maybe taking on a project dealing with integration would be up her alley.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I hope she does something that involves children with special needs. Children seem to really enjoy spending time with her, and she appears to really love being with them, so maybe taking on a project dealing with integration would be up her alley.
That's a good idea. I'd love to see her work with special needs kids. I also think it would be nice to see her do some work with at risk girls. I really enjoyed that she visited a group of teenage mothers during one of her visits.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Majesty

I just think everyone should at least have a bit more patience and wait for the Duchess to start up her official engagements. The palace said that she's back to work and will be back at her public engagements soon. Now we know she'll be visiting Hope House for her Charity Action on Addiction on the 19th.

http://www.actiononaddiction.org.uk/...ope-House.aspx
Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Action on Addiction is a really good charity. I'm glad to see Kate back to public duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
Now that she is holidaying in Mustique, she ought to do public engagements or she is a thorough waste of tax payers money (that's where the security are paid from)!
Well she's obviously doing public engagements, since she has one in a few weeks (and its been announced that she's in contact and making arrangements for future engagements).
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
THE PREGNANT Duchess of Cambridge has not been idle during her time out of the public eye, as the children of an inner London primary school have been delighted to discover.
Kate has been in touch several times with the staff and pupils of the Robert Blair Primary School in Islington, and has even sent some sketches she has done for the children to appraise.
Creative Kate is a queen of arts | Columnists | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
All the royal ladies take maternity leave. Mary, Victoria, Letizia, Marie, etc. Catherine will be no different.
The women you mention also maintained an active work schedule throughout their pregnancies, in some cases right up until they gave birth (like most "normal" pregnant women do). It seems unlikely Kate will do the same. (Though I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^I haven't followed all of the royal pregnancies, but did any of them suffer from HG?

Every pregnancy is different, so I don't think we can really compare work schedules. At the end of the day, the amount of work they tackle really comes down to how they feel during the pregnancy.

Kate has just recovered from an illness. Shouldn't we wait a few months before we start talking about how lazy she is during this pregnancy?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post

The women you mention also maintained an active work schedule throughout their pregnancies, in some cases right up until they gave birth (like most "normal" pregnant women do). It seems unlikely Kate will do the same. (Though I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.)
Those women didn't have HG and didn't spend a significant time in the hospital. Can we just agree that EVERY woman has the right to make decisions about how active she should be during her pregnancy along with her doctor and husband?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the Cambridge vacation have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-33680-57.html.