Countdown! The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital: 22 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sensible - it may well have been leaked before the announcement would have been posted at the Palace. They can still maintain the tradition of posting it on the easel.

Why did they change plans? Sorry, didn't see the answer earlier.

Maybe announcement just in time for the 9 o'clock news?
:lol:

On Twitter there was talk of a significant uptick in police presence.

Methinks habemus infantum.

Hmm. Either an announcement is imminent, or they're anticipating it coming some time during the night. Could go either way, I think.

Lindo-wing ... Does enyone know what or who Lindo is?

The Lindo Wing, which was opened by the late Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, is named after Frank Charles Lindo, a businessman and board member of St Mary’s Hospital, who donated £111,500 to the hospital before his death in 1938.

^^^Generally, a wing is named after a benefactor who provided the funds to build it.

It's names after Frank Charles Lindo. The wing was originally meant for "patients of moderate means" who were too well off to be treated in a charity hospital but who could not actually afford private care.
So... mission accomplished?

According to Camilla Tominey on Twitter, birth announcement due shortly, according to KP - so excited!

Duplicate post, not sure why it posted twice.

Fingers crossed we'll have an announcement soon.

According to the Telegraph "A woman, who had been waiting outside the hospital for news of the royal baby, was rushed to hospital with suspected heat stroke."

She is alright now.

Is the Express a tabloid or a reputable paper?

I wonder if the name of Baby C will be included in the press release?

Baby C is finally here!!! Yay! Congrats to the new parents!!!

It's names after Frank Charles Lindo. The wing was originally meant for "patients of moderate means" who were too well off to be treated in a charity hospital but who could not actually afford private care.
So... mission accomplished?

It is now a private hospital. No National Health patients. When it was built, there was no National Health.

Do I hear crying baby?
It's a hospital with maternity wing.
Nothing surprising.
How do you know that the baby has arrived?!

Camilla Tominey is a British Royal Correspondent. We see her writing articles and giving interviews about the royals. She was also among the press at William & Catherine's engagement conference.

I see William & Catherine and Harry's friend, Ben Fogles sister was also admitted to the Lindo wing to have her baby this morning.

Last edited:
I think there will be an announcement fairly soon too. I hope so anyway! I've been checking Twitter every few minutes.

I wonder if the name of Baby C will be included in the press release?

Baby C is finally here!!! Yay! Congrats to the new parents!!!

Did I miss the big press release? No baby arrival just yet I don't think

No, I doubt the baby's name will be announced so soon. Will's took a week I believe.

Last edited:
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 4s
Palace officials insist they havent briefed that a birth announcement is imminent. #RoyalBaby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom