Countdown! The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital: 22 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just happened to wake up and check my phone for news and, lo and behold, today is the day! I wasn't supposed to get up for another couple of hours, but this is too exciting to miss.

I certainly wish the Duchess a safe delivery - I'm so excited for William and Kate. (And happy birthday to Zonk!)

Happy Birthday Zonk!!! Hopefully you will share your birthday with the future Monarch !

It's just turning 10pm in Brisbane, Australia - some nice big pushes would be good now Kate!!! :whistling:

Looking at Wiliam's photos I can easily imagine him with a name Arthur or George. It is hard to say if a name fits a baby when it is only few hours of old.

But I'm sure that Charles and Diana thought he looked like a William ;) I was supposed to be a Robin, but then I came out and looked nothing like a Robin and my mum decided to go with Zelia because she thought I looked more like a Zelia than a Robin.

Is that so common to choose the name after having seen the baby? All my friends knew how their little one would be called before the birth or had a set of two names, one for a boy and one for a girl.

But I'm sure that Charles and Diana thought he looked like a William ;) I was supposed to be a Robin, but then I came out and looked nothing like a Robin and my mum decided to go with Zelia because she thought I looked more like a Zelia than a Robin.

When my brother was born my mother tried to convince my dad that he looked like a Harold. My brother still says how relieved he is that she didn't win that one.

Is that so common to choose the name after having seen the baby?
Sometimes parents choose only middle names before the birth. Or make a list of potential names for both genders.

they have a short list for both at this point, they have to.

YAY!!! I wish Kate a quick and safe delivery, can't wait to find out! Seems like this has been a long time coming. Happy Birthday baby Cambridge!! Happy Birthday Zonk!

Is that so common to choose the name after having seen the baby? All my friends knew how their little one would be called before the birth or had a set of two names, one for a boy and one for a girl.

It's the same with most people I know (heck, my mom knew what she was going to name me from the time she was a child). But I've also known people who pick out a name in advance and change it when they see the baby (or some people who convince themselves they're going to be having, say, a boy, and it turns out to be a girl and then they have to scramble for a name).

Most people I've known, have named their children before they were born, even those who didn't know the sex of the baby had a name for both girl and boy. Every parent has a preference for some name and some have a list of names they like, so it's obvious almost every children had their names choosen before they were born.

My parents also named my brother before he was born, but not me, because my mother didn't know my sex until I was born, but she thought she was pregnant of another boy, so I already had a name for boy. But I was born a girl instead, and my mother looked at my face and decided on my name.

Happy Birthday baby Cambridge!!
This baby is now in a quite uncomfortable position and most likely doesn't want any congratulations. I wish Catherine a safe delivery.

My sister had her baby on Thursday and she knew his name all along, she knew he was going to Be Lorcan Saul, and that is what he was born Lorcan Saul!

My sister wanted to call her third son Scott in fact she told everyone that was his name but later that day after she had time to "get to know him" she changed her mind and changed it to Clint. I had told everyone his name was scott so then I had to tell everyone she changed it. LOL I think most have a short lists. I found if parents know the gender they tend to choose a name. Although I had a friend who continued to call her baby jellybean right up until it was time to do the birth certificate she ended up calling him Byron after where he was conceived, that goodness it wasn't Wagga Wagga or Gulargambone! LOL I hope we find out quickly what the name is I would love for William to walk out and say the babies name I think it would be sweet and something unexpected.

Is there a protest going on? I'm hearing someone on a bullhorn.

It's the same with most people I know (heck, my mom knew what she was going to name me from the time she was a child). But I've also known people who pick out a name in advance and change it when they see the baby (or some people who convince themselves they're going to be having, say, a boy, and it turns out to be a girl and then they have to scramble for a name).

Some people I know had to change too the name after the birth for they were said the strong sex about the baby.

As for myself, I wouldn't leak the name to anyone by fear of reactions such as "how do you dare to think about this name for this poor child"? :bang:

Archduchess Zelia said:
Unless they've named the baby already (which I personally think is odd, naming children before they're born), I doubt we'll have the name today. They undoubtedly wont do as our RF in Denmark, because that's not the tradition, but I do think they'll wait a couple of days. You know, look at the baby and see if it looks like a *name* or a *name*.

That's what my cousin did with her baby; we were suggesting names to her and in the end, she had Max and Harry as final suggestions. She thought her baby looked more like a Max than a Harry. :)

Zonk said:
What an awesome birthday present!

Yes, I know the Cambridges aren't thinking about me...but still its pretty exciting. All my friends are texting me to wish me a Happy Birthday and they know I follow the royals...so they are like...hopefully a royal baby born on your day because honestly, the poor thing can be in labor for hours and it might happen on the 23rd.

My thoughts and prayers are for a safe delivery.

Happy birthday Zonk! :flowers:

Last edited:
The BBC are showing large crowds outside Buckingham Palace as well as the army of media near the hospital!

So,the wait at the Lindo is to be 8 hours after Kate admitted.

I guess just because she was admitted 8 hours ago doesn't mean she has been in labour for 8 hours as she could have laboured at home for a while. For her sake I hope it doesn't take much longer!

Ok, I taught this whole kate-baby-thing was rediculously exaggerated and now I find myself checking the newspapers every hour or so. How did this happen? :lol: Wishing her loads of luck and hope the baby is there soon!!! And we get to see pictures soon :)

Not all labor is created equal. When contractions come at a certain pace- so many minutes apart- you are considered to be in labor. At that point the contractions may not hurt at all, but the time is drawing nigh for delivery. Some women swear they never had any pain while in labor, in fact. So Catherine could have been having regular contractions for a long time without it being considered 'hard labor.' Here's hoping she's lucky in that regard.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 14m
One of Prince William's PPOs has returned to the #LindoWing with a large bag of Marks & Spencers food supplies...#GreatKatewait continues.

Tim Ewart ‏@EwartRoyale 15m
The wait at the Lindo 8 hours after Kate admitted. No news yet. Diana was in labour here for 16 hours in '82 pic.twitter.com/GEEtT3buIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom