The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Courtier

So Catherine is more then a week overdue as the palace has confirmed. I think It was Monday of last week that Camilla said that she hoped the baby would be born by the end of the week (the 19th).

Old 07-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA84 View Post
So if painkillers and an epidural are used it's an unnatural birth? That's my point, semantics really.
Everyone I know who has a non c-section delivery calls it natural birth though they still use painkillers etc during the birth. To me, a natural birth is a natural way of having a baby, with or without painkillers. I wonder what else you would call it. Unnatural? Seems weird to me.

Painkillers, epidural isn't given at the very early stages of labour.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

How long will Kates stay in hospital be? One to two days if she has a natural delivery?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 AM
Aristocracy

Now I don't want to go to bed, But it's 4:30 AM here. Heh...guess I know what I'll be doing first thing when I wake up!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Everyone I know who has a non c-section delivery calls it natural birth though they still use painkillers etc during the birth. To me, a natural birth is a natural way of having a baby, with or without painkillers. I wonder what else you would call it. Unnatural? Seems weird to me.

Painkillers, epidural isn't given at the very early stages of labour.
I agree, that was my point. I don't think of pain management as meaning an unnatural birth. But it might just be the semantics of the medical industry, I'm not sure.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 AM
Courtier

I don't recall such media frenzy over any royal event like what is going on with Kate's delivery. It is amazing.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
I don't recall such media frenzy over any royal event like what is going on with Kate's delivery. It is amazing.
That's because it's the British royal family lol
Old 07-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Aristocracy

The police presence has ramped up on the Telegraphs coverage... *heres hoping they are preparing to take the notice to the palace!*
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 AM

To me, natural simply means no C-section.

Oh HEY to Lynn in Chandler... I used to live in Gilbert in the "Islands"
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
The police presence has ramped up on the Telegraphs coverage... *heres hoping they are preparing to take the notice to the palace!*
I wish!! Haha it can't be that fast
Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Gentry

Can't believe that Baby Cambridge is finally coming, i'm so excited!!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 AM

Internet live shot is buffering more and more - it will be useless soon. Looks like I'll have to go to a TV at the neighbors (where I'm cat sitting) if I want to see anything live from here on out.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Gentry

Monday's child

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny, blithe, good and gay.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Nobility

I really hope it only takes a few hours for her. Not only it will be more comfortable for both mother and child but also because I'm getting too impatient to wait for 10+ hours or even 30+hours!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedee_VI View Post
To me, natural simply means no C-section.

Oh HEY to Lynn in Chandler... I used to live in Gilbert in the "Islands"
Hey there :) And now you live in Canada, Eh? lol I live just a few miles from the islands...

I am soooo ready to hear the big news.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Well to me I think this was plann...it is monday, eraly int he morning...so to me this birth was plann to be today, with a c-section or a induce birth...natural but induce!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
I wish!! Haha it can't be that fast
It can. It took two hours and half for my mother to deliver her first child after the labour's beginning.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:47 AM
Serene Highness

Can be fast, can be Long, there are no rules, even if it is the first birth.... so let´s wait and see, but for sure it will be today
Bye Bine
Old 07-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
It is quite the media frenzy. Someone on twitter just pointed out that St. Mary's Lindo Wing website has crashed due to traffic. I also noticed that Kate Middleton, royal baby watch and Kensington Palace are all trending on twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
How long will Kates stay in hospital be? One to two days if she has a natural delivery?
I think that sounds about right. If there are no problems, she should be in the hospital no more than 2 days.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
It can. It took two hours and half for my mother to deliver her first child after the labour's beginning.
Well we know that it won't be that for Catherine, because it's been four hours since she was admitted!!

Closed Thread