Countdown! The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital: 22 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wonder if the Queen will show up to see the new little Royal while Catherine is in the hospital?

So I wonder if the Queen will show up to see the new little Royal while Catherine is in the hospital?

From the comment she made about hoping the royal baby is born before she leaves, I assume she does have plans to do so. But who knows. We will wait and see.

Oh how nice he or she will be born before the Queen goes on holidays. Firsts usually take awhile but I hope for Kate's sack it isn't too long and for ours. LOL

Just heard the news and I am so excited.
This brought memories back of my first childbirth.
A hot summer day and 30 hours of labour.
I hope and wish that everything will go fast and well for her.

It can. It took two hours and half for my mother to deliver her first child after the labour's beginning.

Yeah I know :) I was saying that I cannot be that lucky to see the royal baby so fast lol... I am very impatient

Hope everything goes well :)

I think so, yes. She did the same with Diana, when Wills was Born.
BYe Bine

Watching the telegraph's Lindo Wing cam, I spotted the bbc's Peter Hunt and Sky's Paul Harrison photo bomb it already. You can hear a bunch of chat now from the press. Hearing people do their live shots. It is fascinating. I think the one reporter doing her live shot nearby from Australia from the accent.

Glad I'm not the only one GLUED to the live shot. It had a lot of buffering around the top of the hour but it seems to have settled down again.

If I remember correctly (used to live there) they are smack across the road from A&E (Emergency) Dept. so no wonder it's busy there, but this is hilarious at times... OH the humanity!

Last edited:
I'm watching the coverage as well... hope to catch a glimpse of someone arriving... or the people leaving to put up the notice. Though I don't know how much longer I can hold out without at least a nap... its 2:37am here in Arizona lol

Anyone who's anyone would be using the Cambridge entrance, it's to the left of the live shot and up a little gated private lane. This end of the lane isn't much to look at, but if you go around the block it has a fancy gate and is quite nice. I find it interesting that the press thinks anyone who matters would use this particular entrance. Maybe there is a protocol about it tho?

Sleep - yes - well - I could go lay down, but I would be very surprised if I actually fell asleep with all this going on, LOL!

BTW they've cleaned up the gates (stuff stuck to them) and changed the signage, sandblasted the stonework, and even replaced the doors - you'd have thought someone could have swept the street... the street cleaner that went by an hour or two ago didn't do anything for the dirty looking curb did it. Oh well overall the entrance is looking much smarter now.

Last edited:
I'm watching the coverage as well... hope to catch a glimpse of someone arriving... or the people leaving to put up the notice. Though I don't know how much longer I can hold out without at least a nap... its 2:37am here in Arizona lol

Im pretty sure whoever will put up the sign or leave with the paper from the hospital will use another exit. Would be funny if it was snatched from the person if he leaves by the main Lindo wing door :lol:

Hold on, Catherine, hold on! William, be brave!

Last edited:
*Lightbulb* will get a better idea of what your saying by checking out google maps lol. Thanks for the info!

I think It could be a long labor due to the fact that they will try everything for the DoCb to deliver the child naturally. Only after all possibilities for this have been tried will they do a C-section. God Save the Future King (or Queen). I know so many people think the coverage I'd ridiculous, but if people knew for a fact that the future POTUS was about to be born, the coverage would be the same.

5:52 AM on East Coast of U.S.; just awakening.

I don't have to work but I have promised my kiddos and best friend and her son a day of minor shopping, lunch out and pool. I don't think my kids would understand it if I sat by computer all day....:whistling:

I can't wait to see HIM! Hope he's got fuzzy, silky newborn hair that stands on end. Sigh. ;)

Its 8pm here, and we will sit up for a while to watch a movie and wait to see if a notice comes across the bottom of the TV screen. They put a lot of breaking news stories across our screens like that here. Hoping for a safe and easy delivery. William is going through the scariest thing in his life at the moment. My thoughts and best wishes are with them both.

5:52 AM on East Coast of U.S.; just awakening.

I don't have to work but I have promised my kiddos and best friend and her son a day of minor shopping, lunch out and pool. I don't think my kids would understand it if I sat by computer all day....:whistling:

I can't wait to see HIM! Hope he's got fuzzy, silky newborn hair that stands on end. Sigh. ;)

That's the advantage of smart phones. You can sit poolside repeatedly refreshing the twitter and TRF apps.

I still like to watch my copy of the wedding when ever I need to cheer up, it really does the trick! So beautiful and wonderful music too. LOVED IT!

This is just as fun, in a different way, as you say... 100% agreed. :)

Nice find with the hospital map Lynn!

So all this time we should have been watching to see when they fixed up the gate? LOL Hope it isn't too long I am going to try and stay up cause I just know if I go to sleep it will happen. That is what happened when I had my nap this arvo my friend who knew I was on Royal Baby Watch and have a nap each day actually called me to let me know she was in labour. LOL

I still like to watch my copy of the wedding when ever I need to cheer up, it really does the trick! So beautiful and wonderful music too. LOVED IT!

I had the Whole Royal Wedding right from the start when the programme was just beginning on the bbc recorded on my dvr box and still watched it every now and then until a few months back and the box broke. And it was replaced so I lost my coverage. Thankfully now I still have the dvd. I am defo going to record it when the birth is announced!!!!

This is just as fun, in a different way, as you say... 100% agreed. :)

Nice find with the hospital map Lynn!

I too have a copy of the Royal wedding and watch it often :)

I'm planning on buying the special edition magazines they will have about the first few weeks of the newest heir :) I have several of the wedding and one of her being pregnant... love to read and remember all those fascinating details. By the way, Lynn is short for my middle name, Lynnette. My name actually is Echo lol...

I have just received an email from a very good friend who is in London today - and they have promised to buy me 'everything' that is published this week about the baby and a couple of souvenirs to go with my collection. They said they would do so when they left, IF, the baby was born while they were there - so wish I could stay up tonight but after the Tour de France and the cricket I do need a good night's sleep before trying to teach by delightful bunch of Year 9s for a two hour period tomorrow and then follow with one hour each of my Year 11 and Year 12s.

I have not been this excited about royal watching in ages, best wishes to Catherine, William and the baby for the birth.

Just for the heck of it...

I looked back at pictures of Catherine just before her pregnancy was announced, looking to see if I could 'divine' anything from her appearance.

Take a look at these pictures of her and Sophie at Remembrance Sunday:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

In picture 6, Sophie has just asked Catherine: "Girrrrl, are you pregnant?"
Picture 7, Catherine has denied it, but they both know she's lying.
Picture 8, they each look a little smug.

The one day I week that I'm going to be at my internship, the baby is born! And I've been checking my computer and phone continually for DAYS for news. I'll be in a courtroom so I won't have access to my phone! What to do, what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom