The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 03:10 AM
Aristocracy

Someone refresh my memory... how long are we likely to wait to find out the little one's names?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 AM
Gentry

She's been admitted more than 2 hours ago...Looks to me like a natural delivery...

Push Kate! Push!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Poor woman has the entire worlds media waiting on her pushes! I feel for her.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
Someone refresh my memory... how long are we likely to wait to find out the little one's names?
It could possibly be a while. William's name was announced about a week after his birth. Charles was publicly nameless for almost a month.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Courtier

Read on Twitter Catherine was admitted around 5:30am
Old 07-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Courtier

@BBCPeterHunt: According to Kate's spokesman, " things are progressing as normal". #RoyalBaby
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
It could possibly be a while. William's name was announced about a week after his birth. Charles was publicly nameless for almost a month.
Well that'll give us a few days of speculation on the name once we know if it's a boy or a girl! Thank goodness we don't do what the Danish royal family does and wait until the christening - I think we'd all be in hospital with exhaustion by then!!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 AM
Aristocracy

well good luck to the duchess,

whatever early stage of labour means, with my first i went in early too and until i finally got into the delivery-room i had to wait 6 hours and it took 2 more - the second didn t want to be born, she felt so comfortoble in my stummy that it took almoas 2 days. the boys were quite fast though, one within 5 and one within 4 hours.
each one takes it time - so just be calm and wait.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post

Well that'll give us a few days of speculation on the name once we know if it's a boy or a girl! Thank goodness we don't do what the Danish royal family does and wait until the christening - I think we'd all be in hospital with exhaustion by then!!
Ah, but as it's the heir if Baby C was Danish and male we'd know the given name - either Christian or Frederick.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Serene Highness

After staying up last night to watch the festivities in Belgium, I was literally just going to bed when the alerts started coming in. God willing all goes well w/no problems and a healthy Duchess and beautiful healthy Prince or Princess in a few hours time.

I can't wait to see the CN Tower and Niagara Falls lit up in either pink or blue in the very near future. The Blue Jays are in the middle of a home stand and play tonight at the Dome. How cool would it be, to be at the game tonight, look up to see the Tower turn blue or pink and you can say "I found out Prince or Princess xxx was born at the Blue Jays game when the CN Tower turned blue or pink." At least I think it would be.

Here's to everything going well and smoothly.

Time to move the bottle of non alcoholic bubbly from the fridge down here to the one upstairs in preparation for a very special toast.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:23 AM

It's just past midnight here on the west coast of Canada... am I seriously expected to get any sleep tonight? Is there live chat anywhere?
Heir Apparent

Good luck to the Duchess hope all goes smoothly. My cousin is coming over tmw morning were going to wait it out together. She's taping CNN till the official announcement comes on and possibly till they depart. Dunno what I'd do without her lord knows my DVR doesn't have enough space to hold that with all the William and Kate stuff I've taped
Royal Highness

Congratulations for those who said the baby would be born today, 22nd!!!

Its morning in my country (it has the same time zone as the UK), so it wont be dificult to follow this labor and birth. I'm so excited now!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
After staying up last night to watch the festivities in Belgium, I was literally just going to bed when the alerts started coming in. God willing all goes well w/no problems and a healthy Duchess and beautiful healthy Prince or Princess in a few hours time.

I can't wait to see the CN Tower and Niagara Falls lit up in either pink or blue in the very near future. The Blue Jays are in the middle of a home stand and play tonight at the Dome. How cool would it be, to be at the game tonight, look up to see the Tower turn blue or pink and you can say "I found out Prince or Princess xxx was born at the Blue Jays game when the CN Tower turned blue or pink." At least I think it would be.

Here's to everything going well and smoothly.

Time to move the bottle of non alcoholic bubbly from the fridge down here to the one upstairs in preparation for a very special toast.
As a fellow baseball fan (go Giants!), I must agree, that would be a very cool/neat way to learn of the baby's gender!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 AM
Gentry

HELLO! ✔ @hellomag

Get the latest from the Lindo Wing with our live stream... #RoyalBaby #RoyalBabyWatch Latest royal news, photos, weddings and history - HELLO! Online
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

So she went into labour naturally while at KP and was in early stages when they arrived. Diana took 16 hrs with William and 9 with Harry so the first born usually seems to take longer
Old 07-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Ah, but as it's the heir if Baby C was Danish and male we'd know the given name - either Christian or Frederick.
Oh yes, you're right - or possibly Margrethe lol!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

The sign changes TODAY at 16:55 from cancer to leo ... so if they want a cancer like dad Kate better keeps pushing!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 AM
Courtier

@RoyalKateDebate: "KP waited until the Duchess had been seen by medical staff and was comfortable in the Lindo Wing before making the announcement."
Old 07-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Royal Highness

My mother said that she also took way longer with my older brother (half a day! OMG), and with me, it went kind of fast.

Maybe the baby will not be born in the morning, but after mid-day probably