The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Seemed like so many of my friends had "failure to progress" after 24 hours and then a c.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Commoner

She went into Labour at 5.30 so it has now been 14 hours, thinking about 10-11 with announcement about midnight

Old 07-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishboy View Post
She went into Labour at 5.30 so it has now been 14 hours, thinking about 10-11 with announcement about midnight
We don't know for definite when she went into labour, and I believe if she gives birth in the night the announcement will come tomorrow morning.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have the HLN news channel on (no idea how reliable it is I'm on vacation) and their reporter at the hospital said he had it from a reliable source that Carole and Pippa were on route to the hospital.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We don't know for definite when she went into labour, and I believe if she gives birth in the night the announcement will come tomorrow morning.
you're right they may wait until morning but the BBC stated she went into Labour at around 5.30
Old 07-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
If the baby is born after 10:30pm it'll be announced in a press released and then the notice will be up at BP at 9am. So I'm thinking if they announced that then it seems that they're predicting the baby to be born in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Commoner

At what point do they classify "nighttime", or the cutoff point when they will wait to deliver the news of a birth until the morning? I.e., when is it safe to stop checking the Forums and Twitter every 5 minutes to make sure I haven't missed anything?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Commoner

Nevermind, the poster above me was clearly a mind reader and just faster than me. I also don't know how to delete posts on mobile, so just disregard.
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruununprinsessa View Post
At what point do they classify "nighttime", or the cutoff point when they will wait to deliver the news of a birth until the morning? I.e., when is it safe to stop checking the Forums and Twitter every 5 minutes to make sure I haven't missed anything?
An announcement will be made from 8:00 A.M. - 10:30 P.M. UK time, so 3:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. Eastern time.
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruununprinsessa View Post
After 10:30pm, the press will be informed so twitter will probably crash as per usual but the announcement that goes outside BP will not be put up until probably 9am the following day. We'll know she's given birth, but not the sex I imagine.

It's currently 7:38pm here so another 3 hours to go before shutdown
Old 07-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by magyargirl3 View Post

An announcement will be made from 8:00 A.M. - 10:30 P.M. UK time, so 3:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. Eastern time.

Quote:

After 10:30pm, the press will be informed so twitter will probably crash as per usual but the announcement that goes outside BP will not be put up until probably 9am the following day. We'll know she's given birth, but not the sex I imagine.
Thank you! :)
Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness

It depends also on what you call labour.
Early stages of labour can also mean pre-contractions that will go over in real contractions.
In a way it is all labour, preparation for a comming birth

I know that here in Holland you will be send back home if your contractions are not every 5 minutes on a regular basis.
Maybe the duchess spent the whole morning at the hospital in the early stage of labour. No one knows.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I was so excited to hear the Breaking News music on CBC NN and instead of the happy news we're waiting on, it was the sad news of Dennis Farina passing away. :(. One of my favourite actors. Now I really hope Baby C comes today.
Oh no. He was one of my faves as well. I just saw him in "Get Shorty" on Saturday night. Another gone...

---------------------------------------------------
I would not want to be those Bobbies, with having to wear a bullet-proof vest in 91F weather.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

BBC World News Today is reporting that Prince Charles told a crowd in York that they would hear before he does. Doesn't he or someone on his staff carry a cell phone?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess we can all go to bed and freak out tomorrow when we learn the news.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
BBC World News Today is reporting that Prince Charles told a crowd in York that they would hear before he does. Doesn't he or someone on his staff carry a cell phone?
I tnink it was some wit...
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I think that was just meant as joke...
Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I guess we can all go to bed and freak out tomorrow when we learn the news.
Lucky, here its only lunch time, so a number of waking hours to wait.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Camilla joined Charles in York as was expected, or perhaps she has stayed in London. I realize she has no blood link to the new baby, but she is the beloved wife of the grandpa.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

According to the Telegraph, bookmakers are making bets about the future career of the baby. hmmm...an odd thought but.... How about King/Queen?

Kate Middleton goes into labour: reaction and developments - live - Telegraph

Oh yes, she still being refered to as Kate Middleton.

Closed Thread