The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok so it's about 7pm London time right now I think....roughly 6 more hours will put her around 24.

LaRae

Old 07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
And I am still saying 23rd July. Seems I could be right. Lol
Nope! The baby will be born today.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Courtier

I went to the Lindo Wing today, took some pics. It's too hot but not so crowded as I was expecting.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's 7pm. She's in labour for more than 13 hours
Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
And minor contractions can become major contractions very quickly. Every childbirth is different, so we really have no idea.
Of course they can, but it is not usual for a firstborn-birth.
The last message was that the birthing process is progressing in a normal way.

The dutch radio reporter for the royal delivery talked about the birth of his first son two years ago.
A baby, that was overdue more than two weeks and needed two days before he was born.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Courtier

My great-grandmother was in labour (with my granny) for more than 2 days. My granny was her third child. I hope Kate will not suffer for long. I wish her safe and easy delivery and as fast as it is possible.

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 07-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

That's such a long labour!

My mum had only 30 mins of labour when I was born and 4 hours during my sister!

I really didn't know labour lasts this long for so many people
Old 07-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was so excited to hear the Breaking News music on CBC NN and instead of the happy news we're waiting on, it was the sad news of Dennis Farina passing away. :(. One of my favourite actors. Now I really hope Baby C comes today.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Commoner

The way they phrased it when she first arrived at the hospital ("early stages of labor"), the delivery of Kate's laptop, and Charles's comment about becoming a grandfather very slowly makes me think she came in very early and there's still quite a bit of labor to go. After all, the doctors were never going to turn her away if she came in early, because then she'd have to wade back out through the press. Possibly the really hard part hasn't even started yet.

I think we'll not hear anything until tomorrow morning at the earliest, and maybe even a good deal later than that. I'd be happy to be wrong, though!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1m
At some stage after the birth announcement, the Queen will issue a statement of congratulations; and then the Prince of Wales. #RoyalBaby
Old 07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Of course they can, but it is not usual for a firstborn-birth.
The last message was that the birthing process is progressing in a normal way.

The dutch radio reporter for the royal delivery talked about the birth of his first son two years ago.
A baby, that was overdue more than two weeks and needed two days before he was born.
There's a wide range of normal, though (and that last update from the palace was quite a while ago) - I think 12-24 hours is considered normal for a first baby, though I keep seeing slightly different numbers.

And, even without that, there can still be a wide range. I was a first baby and my mother was only in labor for 6 hours; when my aunt had her first baby, on the other hand, she was in labor for about 2 days. Both of those circumstances are outside the norm, but both resulted in perfectly healthy babies. And, as you can see, plenty of people have their own stories, proving that you never know just what will happen.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

My first one took almost 3 days....my second took 15 min after my water broke. The last one was about 10 hours or so.

LaRae
Old 07-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Guess what the cost is in American dollars?

OVER 9000!!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
That's such a long labour!

My mum had only 30 mins of labour when I was born and 4 hours during my sister!

I really didn't know labour lasts this long for so many people
I work with a lot of young people. All but one of them has taken about 24 hours plus or minus a bit for the first one.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Some of the women in my family could not get to the hospital in time and delivered on the way to the delivery room. Other women in my family delivered in 2 days. Everyone is different.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Experiences are SO different even with the same mom. Look at Pranter, with babies that took 3 days, 15 minutes, and 10 hours. Whew!

I was born in two hours, a first child, and my mom said I "flowed out on a wave of toxicity", that is, she had toxemia, the disease that fictionally killed Sybil on Downton Abbey. My mom lived on nuts, grapefruit, and onions (doctor's orders) for several months in order to keep us functioning.

My son, on the other hand, was two weeks late and induced. Took ten hours of labor, during which I was wholly unconscious due to a reaction to the ptocin (hormone they induce with). The doctor didn't know why, and I believe him (I had no anesthetic other than one shot of demerol at the beginning). I believe it was because I have Porphyria and Ptocin is a no-no for women with that. So much ignorance, even with a conscientious doctor with a good reputation. Giving birth is risky.

My mother didn't have toxemia because of Porphyria--she did not have it. It was my dad who had it, but no one knew anything about it at that time....just saw the symptoms and said "duh."
Old 07-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Isn´t this too much time? I have never given birth myself, but all the royal births I´ve followed took a shorter time.

13 hours are just hard to imagine, poor Catherine! I hope everything is OK.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

BTW, does anyone know how Ed Perkins looks like?
Old 07-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Courtier

It took over 13h when I was born. 13h are not unusual for a first child especially. No need to worry. :-)
Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Aristocracy

I hope she delivers soon! It's midnight where I live and I've got work tomorrow.

I don't wish another 7-8 hours in labour for her, but I don't want to miss any news either.

Closed Thread