The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
MSN quoted Kensington Palace as saying that only Prince William will be with his wife when she gives birth, as that is the way she wants it.

It also said the Queen will be informed before the Middletons.
I wonder why Kate did not want her mother or sister there with her at the time as well as William.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Commoner

I doubt the Middletons are at the hospital, it's been said all along that only William would be at the hospital. However they are apparently in London, and that's been mentioned by at least Sky news.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
Prince Charles tells well-wishers: "I'm very grateful indeed for the kind wishes for my rather slowly-approaching grandfatherhood."
So many of us are so excited/impatient about this, I can't imagine how eager the family is! (Not to mention William and especially Kate!)
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjaime View Post
I wonder why Kate did not want her mother or sister there with her at the time as well as William.
Here, it's usually only your husband that comes into the birthing room with you and your parents and other family members come after the birth to see the baby
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
MSN quoted Kensington Palace as saying that only Prince William will be with his wife when she gives birth, as that is the way she wants it.

It also said the Queen will be informed before the Middletons.
I was certainly on the phone to my mom before my husband could call his grandparents! Carole might not be in the delivery room, but she could easily be waiting nearby. Kate is her baby, and she will be uneasy until she knows the 'ordeal' is over. Don't think HM would object to that- after all, a bunch of docs, nurses, technicians, orderlies, housekeepers, etc, will undoubtedly know before HM, so surely Catherine's parents can be informed without stepping on the Queen's toes. I understand the protocol of the Queen being told 'first', but that is somewhat flexible.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

My gut says Kate is one of those women for whom pregnancy and birth will never be easy.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnya View Post
Here, it's usually only your husband that comes into the birthing room with you and your parents and other family members come after the birth to see the baby
Oh! Here in Ontario, Canada we can have whomever we wish to in the birthing rooms so it is different in the UK then. Thanks!! :)
Old 07-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post

I was certainly on the phone to my mom before my husband could call his grandparents! Carole might not be in the delivery room, but she could easily be waiting nearby. Kate is her baby, and she will be uneasy until she knows the 'ordeal' is over. Don't think HM would object to that- after all, a bunch of docs, nurses, technicians, orderlies, housekeepers, etc, will undoubtedly know before HM, so surely Catherine's parents can be informed without stepping on the Queen's toes. I understand the protocol of the Queen being told 'first', but that is somewhat flexible.
Queen Victoria would not be amused if she was not told first. They will stick with protocol and tell the Queen first, I am sure the Middleton's understand.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
My gut says Kate is one of those women for whom pregnancy and birth will never be easy.
I don't know why- she's a healthy, extremely athletic woman and seemed to have a great pregnancy once she got through her morning sickness.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnya View Post

That how it is in the U.S. also.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

where are you at? I am in the states and whatever needs to happen for the mother to be comfortable and soothed as possible. a women may not have anybody she feels safe with but for a neighbor or best girl friend.
Heir Presumptive

Can't wait for the annoucement, I hope this doesn't take long. For the sake of Catherine, the Baby, and... us all.
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I kind of agree. Don't forget that she had that problem at the beginning of her pregnancy and had to be in the hospital for awhile.
Nobility

I'm off to bed finally lol. Close to midnight here--have a feeling that the baby is gonna arrive before I wake up.... :(

Anyway, congrats in advance to the family on the birth! :) Night! Hope everyone here enjoy this baby watch!
Nobility

I've heard of women in the US having mothers in the delivery room but that's still the exception. I know I didn't want anyone but my husband there!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Oh! Here in Ontario, Canada we can have whomever we wish to in the birthing rooms so it is different in the UK then. Thanks!! :)
I think you can have whoever you want, but usually just your husband. That also includes your scans, baby classes and everything else that goes with having a baby.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Aristocracy

I just got a weird feeling that the time has come for her to push... No source, no explanation... just a flash feeling.

Fingers crossed I'm psychic!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think we've got another hour
Old 07-22-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Not everyone does, I most certainly would not have wanted mine there when my child was born.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Fingers crossed I'm psychic!
oh, they were so many foretellers here on the forum who told about possible birth dates.

Closed Thread