Countdown! The Duchess of Cambridge admitted to hospital: 22 July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An announcement will be made from 8:00 A.M. - 10:30 P.M. UK time, so 3:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. Eastern time.

After 10:30pm, the press will be informed so twitter will probably crash as per usual but the announcement that goes outside BP will not be put up until probably 9am the following day. We'll know she's given birth, but not the sex I imagine.

Thank you! :)

It depends also on what you call labour.
Early stages of labour can also mean pre-contractions that will go over in real contractions.
In a way it is all labour, preparation for a comming birth

I know that here in Holland you will be send back home if your contractions are not every 5 minutes on a regular basis.
Maybe the duchess spent the whole morning at the hospital in the early stage of labour. No one knows.

I was so excited to hear the Breaking News music on CBC NN and instead of the happy news we're waiting on, it was the sad news of Dennis Farina passing away. :(. One of my favourite actors. Now I really hope Baby C comes today.

Oh no. He was one of my faves as well. I just saw him in "Get Shorty" on Saturday night. Another gone...

---------------------------------------------------
I would not want to be those Bobbies, with having to wear a bullet-proof vest in 91F weather.

Last edited:
BBC World News Today is reporting that Prince Charles told a crowd in York that they would hear before he does. Doesn't he or someone on his staff carry a cell phone?

I guess we can all go to bed and freak out tomorrow when we learn the news.

BBC World News Today is reporting that Prince Charles told a crowd in York that they would hear before he does. Doesn't he or someone on his staff carry a cell phone?

I tnink it was some wit...

I think that was just meant as joke...

I wonder if Camilla joined Charles in York as was expected, or perhaps she has stayed in London. I realize she has no blood link to the new baby, but she is the beloved wife of the grandpa.

My first took about 18 hours, my second under 2 hours. So I would not worry too much about Kate.
From all I have read today, she and the baby are in very good hands. The one I feel a little sorry for is William. Not easy watching your wife go through all of this to get to the finish line.

I think that was just meant as joke...
I meant it as a joke too. It can be difficult to project irony over the Internet. He probably wouldn't carry a phone himself because he wouldn't want to be distracted by a call, but I'm sure William knows how to get in touch with him.

She will always be referred to as Kate Middleton, it just rolls off the tongue and is pleasant to utter. I'm sure more people (worldwide) recognize Kate Middleton more often than they do Duchess of Cambridge.

I hope she doesn't get scared with this, I know many women that became traumatized and never wanted to have a second child.

but most put the pain behind them when they see the baby and go on to have more.

I hope she doesn't get scared with this, I know many women that became traumatized and never wanted to have a second child.
Oh No! We already know she's made of pretty strong stuff.
Plus, once you see your baby and fall in love...it's all (mostly) forgotten:flowers:

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 59s
Ken Palace have changed their plans. The first we will know about the baby will be when they release a formal press release. #RoyalBaby

The announcement will be made by press release !! :ohmy:

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 3 min All change on the means of royal birth being announced. Announcement will now be press released before notice leaves hospital...

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 33 s A formal press release containing details of the birth will now be issued shortly before the formal signed Bulletin leaves the hospital.

I'm thinking this announcement might be sooner rather than later

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 3m
Ken Palace have changed their plans. The first we will know about the baby will be when they release a formal press release. #RoyalBaby

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 5m
All change on the means of royal birth being announced. Announcement will now be press released before notice leaves hospital...

Camilla Tominey ‏@CamillaTominey 5m
Royal baby to be announced imminently. Watch this space #royalbaby

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
Just getting a hint that an announcement may not be too far off. I may be reading too much into it but there's just a hint.

I don't think it is a spoof. How do I tell??? Most would leave the 's off Christ's College. He's very attractive.

I bet the baby has arrived. W & C probably want as much time to themselves as a new little family before having to share her/his birth with the world. They very much (particularly William) like to do things their way as much as possible.

It took over 13h when I was born. 13h are not unusual for a first child especially. No need to worry. :)
Ugh, I guess they aren´t, but they sound horrible anyway ;)
I also was a first child and took 1h. My only sister took half an hour some years later.
Yes, I´m hoping these things are hereditary :lol:

The announcement will be made by press release !! :ohmy:

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 3 min All change on the means of royal birth being announced. Announcement will now be press released before notice leaves hospital...

It's possible with the crowds already around the hospital and palace they decided to do it by press release rather than the traditional way in order to prevent mayhem.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 6m
William and Kate's officials say they've made this change so the birth announcement can be made as "quickly and simply as possible".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom