The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 14m
One of Prince William's PPOs has returned to the #LindoWing with a large bag of Marks & Spencers food supplies...#GreatKatewait continues.

Tim Ewart ‏@EwartRoyale 15m
The wait at the Lindo 8 hours after Kate admitted. No news yet. Diana was in labour here for 16 hours in '82 pic.twitter.com/GEEtT3buIC
Yes, but how long was Carole in labor with her children? She's the one with the biological link to Kate. I don't know if that matters or not.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you think the whole media coverage thing will also happen at a possible second pregnancy?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 9m
If the baby is born today there'll be a 41 gun salute at Green Park and a 62 gun salute at the Tower of London tomorrow afternoon#RoyalBaby

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ooh, hopefully Catherine won't be in labor too long. Can't wait for the little prince or princess to arrive!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
If the baby is born today there'll be a 41 gun salute at Green Park and a 62 gun salute at the Tower of London tomorrow afternoon#RoyalBaby
equal for a girl and a boy?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Since regardless of the baby's gender, they will be monarch after William, and because it didn't specify gun salutes according to gender, let's assume that yes, they will be.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Cant wait for the birth announcement !!! :)
Happy birthday Zonk <3
Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Every birth is different babies have their own time table. It doesn't matter about wills birth or Kate's the baby will come when it is good and ready barring any complications.

The press will be there whenever Kate has a baby that will not change.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
At York Minister well-wishers shouted congratulations to Charles. He asked if they knew something he didn't. "It's triplets," joked one.

Arthur Edwards ‏@ArthurJEdwards 12m
Waiting for Baby Cambridge. It's extremely hot. Should baby be born today it's star sign is Cancer tomorrow it's Leo pic.twitter.com/FYmhadfIWY

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope the baby can be here soon, lets hope it's still today.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Jewish royal friends will have a special reason to toast the baby if it arrives today, the 22nd, which is Tu B'Av. This feast day is called the "happiest day on the calendar." It celebrates the restoration of the tribe of Benjamin and is a traditional day for weddings in Israel.

I guess HRH Baby C will arrive before my 23rd of July birthday--unless I lived in Australia, where I think it already the 23rd of July.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy

Out of curiosity what would they do if it was twins? I know it's not ( and that was one of the theories behind the real life "man in the iron mask" who was arrested under the name Eustache Dauger in 1669 or 1670 - he was King Louis XIV's identical twin brother hence the mask - anyway, way off the topic) what would they do?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Royals born today:

1210Joan of England, Queen of Scotland (d. 1238)
1478Philip I of Castile
Catherine Stenbock, Swedish wife of Gustav I of Sweden

...and babys ancestor defeated William Wallace so... yay I guess?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Air conditioning

Does the Lindo wing or indeed any part of any hospital in London have air-conditioning? I seem to recall that hospitals in Paris don't have ac because they feel it would spread germs.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

If it's twins, the heir is the first one out into the world. If a caesarian were performed, they say the doctor would be the "king maker" by choosing which baby comes out first, but I suppose even that way there would be an obvious one because of position--maybe.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Gentry

Oh this is SUCH wonderful news to wake up to!!! I'm kind of glad she didn't have the baby yet - I want to be awake when she has it. Still hoping it is a girl, but either way will be wonderful.

I hope Kate has a safe, uneventful labour.
Aristocracy

Quote:
they say the doctor would be the "king maker" by choosing which baby comes out first,
What an honor!
Quote:
Still hoping it is a girl,
Me too. Although as it doesn't matter for the parents, it shouldn't bother us.
I wonder what if royal baby is born unhealthy, can it be an heir? I mean serious illnesses such Down syndrome or another genetic anomaly.
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Out of curiosity what would they do if it was twins? I know it's not ( and that was one of the theories behind the real life "man in the iron mask" who was arrested under the name Eustache Dauger in 1669 or 1670 - he was King Louis XIV's identical twin brother hence the mask - anyway, way off the topic) what would they do?
IF it were twins, the birth announcement would read, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a baby boy/girl at xx:xx pm weighing y.y kilograms and a baby boy/girl at xx:xx pm weighing y.y kilograms.

The first-born would be the heir and the second-born the spare.

But since the Palace announcement regarding her pregnancy earlier this year read "expecting a baby in July", it is highly unlikely that she will have twins.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
I'm pretty sure that it's the exact same for both a boy or a girl
Old 07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Jewish royal friends will have a special reason to toast the baby if it arrives today, the 22nd, which is Tu B'Av. This feast day is called the "happiest day on the calendar." It celebrates the restoration of the tribe of Benjamin and is a traditional day for weddings in Israel.

I guess HRH Baby C will arrive before my 23rd of July birthday--unless I lived in Australia, where I think it already the 23rd of July.
If the baby doesn't arrive for my birthday, it will be awesome if he/she arrives for yours!

I keep hitting refresh on the all news sites waiting for an update....but the baby will come when he/she is ready.

I hope you have a great Birthday!

And thanks to all for the birthday greetings.....

Closed Thread