Christening of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: July 5, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought:'Here comes trouble.' :lol:

I was reminded of Mike Tindall comments about George the bruiser.

I love the interactions between HM and her great-grandchildren. George looks really cherubic in the photo of him looking up and pointing to his great-grandmother, and in the photo of HM, Catherine and Charlotte, HM looks really delighted with her newest great-granddaughter.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but I found this adorable HQ photo of little Charlotte:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7DOFKDQ1SkY/VZlzVCUX5AI/AAAAAAAAtF4/ktBCAxBK7tY/s595/Kate-Middleton-1.jpg

I wonder when the official photos will be released?

Does anyone have the link to the video in which George is talking to the queen? Couldn't find it on youtube...

I always though I was crazy but King Henry and George... You know how genes work in these Royal families :)

Well yeah but none of Henry's children had children...so his direct line is long gone. The Stuarts took over, then that line was gone, then after that it was the Hanovers...then eventually the Scots came back into the mix, more English (and American) lines came in and now really Prince George is more English than any in a long long time.

However I don't know how tied in the Tudors (being a Welsh line) are to anything current...I can't remember how those lines go down from the other side.

LaRae

Last edited:
I love the interactions between HM and her great-grandchildren. George looks really cherubic in the photo of him looking up and pointing to his great-grandmother, and in the photo of HM, Catherine and Charlotte, HM looks really delighted with her newest great-granddaughter.

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but I found this adorable HQ photo of little Charlotte:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7DOFKDQ1SkY/VZlzVCUX5AI/AAAAAAAAtF4/ktBCAxBK7tY/s595/Kate-Middleton-1.jpg

I wonder when the official photos will be released?

Hopefully quite soon once the Testino team has them ready for the couple to choose the public and private ones.

Well yeah but none of Henry's children had children...so his direct line is long gone. The Stuarts took over, then that line was gone, then after that it was the Hanovers...then eventually the Scots came back into the mix, more English (and American) lines came in and now really Prince George is more English than any in a long long time.

However I don't know how tied in the Tudors (being a Welsh line) are to anything current...I can't remember how those lines go down from the other side.

LaRae

Henry's children may not have had children (depending on whether or not you believe the Carey children were his; both Catherine and Henry Carey are ancestors to George), but George is related to Henry - Henry's sister, Margaret, is George and Charlotte's 16x great-grandmother (through one line of descent).

Agree, this over done media gagging is starting to get silly. Plus, the amazing thing about Diana here in America, most under the age of 20 don't remember and could careless about Diana. They don't care about Charles either. They enjoy William and Catherine plus new family. Even most of my family and friends in UK feel that media is constantly picking at straws in reference to Diana. Leave the poor woman rest.

Leaving her to 'rest' is a word often used by those who don't want her mentioned anymore. She is William and Harry's mum always and forever and I would never criticise them for wanting to include and remember her in the important events in their lives. I am nearly 40 years old and don't even want to think about losing my mum and yet those two lost theirs when they were only children so I say good on them for keeping her memory alive, it shows how much they love and miss her and I'm sure she would have been so touched by their love and loyalty.

Henry's children may not have had children (depending on whether or not you believe the Carey children were his; both Catherine and Henry Carey are ancestors to George), but George is related to Henry - Henry's sister, Margaret, is George and Charlotte's 16x great-grandmother (through one line of descent).

Yes I do think it most likely that the Carey children were Henry's but not legitimate so I didn't include them. Interesting...so cool...but way back there!

LaRae

Yes by all means but fixating on her to the nth degree is not healthy and can border on morbid... Several years ago some photog thought it would be a great idea to photoshop Diana at 60 and place it in a shot with Catherine. Creepy for viewers but I can't imagine how her sins felt about that!

You can honor and remember but not dwell.

I remember that photo amaryllus...it was such bad taste.

LaRae

Leaving her to 'rest' is a word often used by those who don't want her mentioned anymore. She is William and Harry's mum always and forever and I would never criticise them for wanting to include and remember her in the important events in their lives. I am nearly 40 years old and don't even want to think about losing my mum and yet those two lost theirs when they were only children so I say good on them for keeping her memory alive, it shows how much they love and miss her and I'm sure she would have been so touched by their love and loyalty.

Very much true.

None of this matters. Nor does it matter that this is where the royal family worships, whilst at Sandringham. Or that it is very close to Anmer, where the Cambridge family are based. All that appears to matter is that this is where Diana was christened.

:clap:
Exactly, it's like all this couple does is think of ways to bring up Williams dead mother. If half the connections they talked about were true I'd be creeped out.

This isn't about what William and Harry are doing or remembering about their mom. This is about the media interjecting Diana into places and making her the focus of things that probably mean nothing. Like saying Laura Fellowes was a nod to his mother....how about she's his cousin and he likes her! Or they chose the church Diana was christened in, like it has nothing to do with thr fact that the RF often take the time to show up there themselves every once in a blue moon. And my all time favorite is Kates polka dot dress.

Last edited:
The Queen and Prince Philip are regular attendees at church services at St Mary's whenever they stay at Sandringham. It's not just 'once in a blue moon' for them.

I know I will get jumped for saying this but I was disappointed to see the nanny in uniform. To me that is going back to the old days of royal and upper class nannies We have moved so far away from that type of childcare. I was hoping for a modern take on childcare and that Kate being a hands on mum. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I take the nanny in uniform as her choice. She has worked long and hard to get to serve such a prestigious family and be with them on such a day... She is proud of that fact and her training and giving the nanny school props.

I know I will get jumped for saying this but I was disappointed to see the nanny in uniform. To me that is going back to the old days of royal and upper class nannies We have moved so far away from that type of childcare. I was hoping for a modern take on childcare and that Kate being a hands on mum. JMO

I loved the uniform, and I wonder if the choice to wear it was Ms. Borrallo's. It seems more likely than Kate and William dictating it, as they never have before. Maybe it's because this was the most visible Ms. Borrallo has ever been at a royal function- she's typically more behind the scenes. Maybe they wanted her close to the family in honor of the important role she plays and she thought having her role clearly denoted would be good? Maybe she wanted to honor her alma mater and get them some excellent press?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the uniform was worn because of the formal occasion, and not because William and Catherine wanted to demonstrate anything by it. I also have a feeling that perhaps the lady herself wanted the distinction, and chose the uniform. I'm not crazy about it either, but it is what it is. From what we're getting from media, and pictures, Catherine and William are hands-on parents. The nanny seems to be in the background most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I can't believe a nanny wears a uniform especially one that looks like that. I never had a nanny, but the ones I have seen just dress normal, I admit there was something ridiculous and sad seeing her dressed like that.

Is it a thing for nannies to be at royal christenings or ceremonies in general, I guess, to be able to spirit away fussy tots from church or whatever venue?

Maybe Nanny Maria is super proud of being a Norland nanny and chose to wear her uniform herself.

I can't believe a nanny wears a uniform especially one that looks like that. I never had a nanny, but the ones I have seen just dress normal, I admit there was something ridiculous and sad seeing her dressed like that.

The uniforms of Norland Nannies are a big part of their culture and actually worn to mark them as professionals who do highly trained work. If I had to make a guess... none of the nannies you've known spent a fortune on highly specialized education to become a professional nanny.

Brand new look for the Norland Nannies as traditional uniform gets a revamp for the first time in 70 years | Daily Mail Online

Look she is proud of her work, her training, being able to have served not one but a couple of Royal families... Why not go all out on such a day?

I took it as Maria's preference as well to wear the uniform. I would think anyone would be concerned about what to wear - then add to it the fact that she was the nanny. She would want to look respectful for the occasion - and of course wear a hat as it was church - but not look like she was 'dressing up'. Once you start adding up the cost of something appropriate - I figured she just asked - ' do you mind if I wear my Norland Uniform". and I am sure Norland took pride in the attention.

The uniforms of Norland Nannies are a big part of their culture and actually worn to mark them as professionals who do highly trained work. If I had to make a guess... none of the nannies you've known spent a fortune on highly specialized education to become a professional nanny.

Brand new look for the Norland Nannies as traditional uniform gets a revamp for the first time in 70 years | Daily Mail Online
She was also on duty and that is her formal uniform. Besides it saved her from having to buy an outfit that would have looked elegant enough for the event. Great choice of the Duke and Duchess to highlight the nanny's professional status. I am sure the military and police on duty wore their uniforms. The Queens driver always wear a uniform. I am certain the royal household personnel wear uniforms.

Some people just prefer to wear a uniform (even if only at certain times). I had a nanny who wore a uniform - it wasn't anything that my parents requested or expected, it was just the nanny's preference. I think it made her feel more professional.

I didn't know anything about Norland Nannies until I just saw HRHHermione's post, but it certainly sounds like something to be proud of.

Back
Top Bottom