The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

Christening of Princess Charlotte: July 5, 2015

HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge will be christened on Sunday, July 5th at Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...59815369641984
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...59914174881792

Old 06-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Majesty

I think it is great the Cambridge's continue to use "less grand" church's for the christening of their children.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

George VI was christened there

Princess Eugenie was christened at Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham.

Most touching the Lady Diana Spencer was also christened there. A great way to honour Charlotte's grandmother
Old 06-05-2015, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

ITV News

Princess Charlotte to be christened in July - ITV News

BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33021075
Old 06-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Twitter posts about this were interesting. The usual reporters were "surprised" (seemed unprepared) for the announcement, IMHO.
Rebecca English was a bit less precise, Richard Palmer was in a meeting. So it would seem (and I am making a leap here) that there was no pre-leak to be ready for the news to break this AM.

If so, hoooooray! Anmer is at least for now, one way to avoid the "inside source" leaks the press has learned to expect.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I am happy to hear the christening is just one month away and that the news came as a suprise... I wish a photo would be soon released though.. I think the public won't see Charlotte until the christening... It woud be a pity...
Old 06-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Gentry

Princess Charlotte of Cambridge's christening will take place on 5 July - hellomagazine.com

I wonder who will be Charlotte's godparents, maybe Harry?

Can't wait to see the christening btw
Old 06-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Harry is going to miss the christening... Will he be away? It would be wonderful if he were to be a godparent... but something tells me he won't...
Old 06-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biru View Post
Princess Charlotte of Cambridge's christening will take place on 5 July - hellomagazine.com

I wonder who will be Charlotte's godparents, maybe Harry?

Can't wait to see the christening btw
Harry probably won't be there. He'll be in Africa this summer.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to the FE section on the British monarchy website no royals have any engagements on that day although that doesn't mean much as the FE often misses many events in advance.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Great news. It's a wonderful way to honor Charlotte's late grandmother, Diana. She was born at Park House, was Christened at the same church, and Sandringham was one of her favorite country estates.

Yes, we will get some pictures of Charlotte way before her Christening.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Great news. It's a wonderful way to honor Charlotte's late grandmother, Diana. She was born at Park House, was Christened at the same church, and Sandringham was one of her favorite country estates.

Yes, we will get some pictures of Charlotte way before her Christening.
I don't think the choice had anything to do with Diana. They picked the church because it's right next to their main residence, Anmer Hall. They were still living in London when George was Christened.

As for your guarantee that there will be earlier pictures. I'm taking a wait and see approach. Charlotte isn't going to be King like George so they can afford to be much more private with her. The informal pictures of George were a gift to the media. Then the media spent days bashing the pictures and Michael Middleton. The media may not receive a gift this time because of their shoddy behavior.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
They picked the church because it's right next to their main residence, Anmer Hall. They were still living in London when George was Christened.
Anmer is not their main residence. They have homes at both, Anmer and KP!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Anmer is the one everyone associated with them because that is what the media fixate on and honestly where they spend most of the time and seemingly is a 'home' to them while the KP residence is a just a 'house'. There is s big difference.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Isn't Sandrigham also the summer residence of the Queen?
BTW I wouldn't read too much into the baptism taking place at Anmer...
Old 06-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Anmer is not their main residence. They have homes at both, Anmer and KP!
Disagree. Anmer Hall is their main residence, especially as long as William's working out of Norfolk. Just like Anglesey used to be their main residence when William was with the RAF. He's more pilot than royal at the moment, and his young family follows him.

The KP apartment is just their London base, when they need to do work in the city.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen stays at Sandringham in the winter from just before Christmas to beginning of February. The summer residence is Balmoral from late July to early October. Windsor will get some time in June for Ascot Week and there is a week at Hollyrood in early July.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Christening of Princess Charlotte: July 5, 2015

I think the church was the secondary consideration. First find a date on the royal calendar in the middle of 'the season' before HM goes to Balmoral where key family members and godparents can attend...then figure out which city and church works...fortunately they have choices. I think it will be lovely. Probably hosted at Sandringham but would be lovely if at Anmer Hall and we get to see photographs in the photos released.

Edit: on second thought Sandringham is generally open to the public in tourist season.... Maybe they will host the christening luncheon/party at Anmer .
Old 06-05-2015, 10:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think the church was the secondary consideration. First find a date on the royal calendar in the middle of 'the season' before HM goes to Balmoral where key family members and godparents can attend...then figure out which city and church works...fortunately they have choices. I think it will be lovely. Probably hosted at Sandringham but would be lovely if at Anmer Hall and we get to see photographs in the photos released.

Edit: on second thought Sandringham is generally open to the public in tourist season.... Maybe they will host the christening luncheon/party at Anmer .
The "Reception" may end up being at Anmer as Sandringham in open at that time of the year.

The Queen and Prince Philip usually spend a weekend in Sandringham at that time of the year, usually staying at Wood Farm.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post

But they could also have hold the christening at Crathie Church and the reception then at Balmoral.