Christening of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: July 5, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the pics I've seen of Wallis, she's always been rather hard and masculine looking, even when younger. And anorexic looking. Very slim no hipped boyish body.

Pippa has a little bit of a hard edge that can look a bit strong at certain angles but past that I don't see a resemblence to Wallis myself.

LaRae

Pippa is athletic and this is reflected in her body type. I don't think she looks hard at all. And. no, not anything at all like Wallis.

I hold an opinion that I'm sure isn't shared by many. I am finding it somewhat morbid that almost everything this couple does must be to honor Diana's memory. I absolutely understand that William wants to remember his mother but it is getting to be a little too much. Kate has Diana's engagement ring. Charlotte has Diana's name.
George is dressed the same as how Diana dressed William. If Kate wear polka dots, it is to honor Diana. If she wears military, it is to honor Diana. If she even wears the same color that Diana once wore, it is to honor Diana.

If Carole Middleton wears Catherine Walker label it is in honor of Diana. How many years must pass before Catherine can be herself or do something other than what will pay tribute to Diana? I imagine Catherine doesn't object because she loves William and wants him to be happy. But I hope that she isn't being pressured to do all of these things contrary to her own desires.

Not everything is done to honor Diana, but William & Catherine have a way of making sure Diana's memory is a part of their lives and it's a way to honor her. I don't think Catherine is pressured into anything, but most likely want to make sure the one important woman she never got a chance to meet is remembered. I don't think Catherine lives under Diana's shadow though. She's doing her own thing.

The media is the one trying to tie every minescule choice they make to DIana.They seem to crave a Diana clone. William seems to have enough sense and love his wife enough to not want to turn her into his mother which,you know, would be disturbing... A man loves his mother but unless he has a complex does not want to be married to her and think of her when he is sleeping next to his wife in bed:)

Not everything is done to honor Diana, but William & Catherine have a way of making sure Diana's memory is a part of their lives and it's a way to honor her. I don't think Catherine is pressured into anything, but most likely want to make sure the one important woman she never got a chance to meet is remembered. I don't think Catherine lives under Diana's shadow though. She's doing her own thing.

Well Said. I also think it's not as much William and Kate doing things to honour Diana, but the press perhaps reading too much into things. Diana was a future Queen Consort - IMO, you can find connections to her rather easily in many royal places/occasions. It could also be that they like the sense of continuity that comes from doing things that may invoke the past. Who knows. I don't share the opinion that I've read that they purposefully try honour Diana, thus giving two fingers to his paternal family. I think that it is natural to honour someone close to you, but for some to see Diana in everything they do is reaching, IMO.

I have finally made through the thread and Whew!! Thanks to all for links and pictures. Much appreciated!!

My favourite caption I've seen for this one was...

"So *you're* the one all the fuss is about!!"

:D

That really is one adorable picture of George being concerned about his Baby Sister and I have a feeling one we'll be seeing in a frame in the background of a Future Video Message from KP or CH. :)

Thank's for the lion king style metaphore xD Oh the pictures in my head!

Me too. Suddenly had this image of William holding Charlotte up w/the Choir singing "Circle of Life". :D

The Archbishop of Canterbury who conducted the christening is the first peer of England next to the Royal Family, preceding not only all Dukes, but all the great officers of the Crown. "It belongs to him to crown the King." The Sovereign and his or her consort are speciales domestici parochiani Arch Cant (parishioners of the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury). The Archbishop of Canterbury is Primate of all England, is entitled to the prefix of "Your Grace," and is formally styled "By Divine Providence, Lord Archbishop of Canterbury."​

I never knew that. Thank you for that. :)

These were a delight to watch. George definitely has a big personality, and knows what he wants. I'm impressed with how well he behaved, considering all the noise, and the amount of people. He seemed more curious than anything else.

It was only just as they were about to start the walk back to the Big House did George have a wee bit of tantrum, but considering he's about to turn 2, he did very, very well indeed.

A lovely photo of The Queen and Catherine.

Zimbio

George waving to the crowd

That is a lovely picture of Her Majesty w/the DoCam, but what really makes it special is the look on the Queen's face as she's looking down at Charlotte. There's an awful lot of love and pride shining form Her Majesty's face there and rightfully so!!

When that one really great picture of the Little Princess in her pram appeared, I took the iPad upstairs to show it to Mom and Dad. I think my Dad's reaction on seeing that picture of Charlotte sums up the day perfectly...

"Well...Hello there Little Sweetheart."

:)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the thing that impressed me the most was that pram. I loved it. It's my dream to own a pram like that once. Unfortunately I don't think it would fit through the door.

From what I've seen of the christening, it was a very warm and meaningful occasion with a close circle of family and friends. I find it hard to believe that they would have chosen a godparent just because of what line of the family one came from. I'm sure Will & Kate took their choices very seriously and selected people that they knew would have an active part in Charlotte's life growing up and be a positive influence on her spiritual life should the occasion arise that they're needed for such guidance. William and Kate do not strike me as people that would do something solely for appearances.

I have to feel that when there's such a solemn occasion such as a christening in the family, the ones that have passed on are surely never forgotten nor should they be. I've seen how the press likes to focus solely on the connections to William's mother but I think if we really sit back and look at this group, we'd be able to see a special connection in each of the guests present to Charlotte and the Cambridge family with none being more "important" than the other.

From what I've seen of the christening, it was a very warm and meaningful occasion with a close circle of family and friends. I find it hard to believe that they would have chosen a godparent just because of what line of the family one came from. I'm sure Will & Kate took their choices very seriously and selected people that they knew would have an active part in Charlotte's life growing up and be a positive influence on her spiritual life should the occasion arise that they're needed for such guidance. William and Kate do not strike me as people that would do something solely for appearances.

I have to feel that when there's such a solemn occasion such as a christening in the family, the ones that have passed on are surely never forgotten nor should they be. I've seen how the press likes to focus solely on the connections to William's mother but I think if we really sit back and look at this group, we'd be able to see a special connection in each of the guests present to Charlotte and the Cambridge family with none being more "important" than the other.
I agree. There were connections to the Queen (the pram, her estate), ALOT to queen Victoria, connections to William (the clothes) and a general feel of historic connection. So I think they did really well, just that the press is very selective on what they catch up on. I mean "same church as Diana" isn't new. They actually said that on Georges christening as well! Because her coffin laid there ONE NIGHT before the funeral. It's possible to find connections to Diana if you really look, and I think sometimes William and Kate does it on purpose, but not so sickly much that the press makes it look. I mean, the trooping clothes on George was as much (if not more) a link to William and the Windsor side than it was "Diana dressed William in it".

The Duchess looked really nice. Prince George was very cute and it's great to see Princess Charlotte again. :flowers:

Pippa is athletic and this is reflected in her body type. I don't think she looks hard at all. And. no, not anything at all like Wallis.

Not talking about her body. Talking about her face.

LaRae

It's already been pointed out by the press that the Church is where Diana was baptized as a child....along with all the other references.

LaRae

:previous:
from wikipedia: The church has been the site of many royal christenings. These christenings include:

a little bit about Sophie Carter:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/peerage-news/7gJRrCIhEwg

:previous:
from wikipedia: The church has been the site of many royal christenings. These christenings include:

a little bit about Sophie Carter:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/peerage-news/7gJRrCIhEwg

None of this matters. Nor does it matter that this is where the royal family worships, whilst at Sandringham. Or that it is very close to Anmer, where the Cambridge family are based. All that appears to matter is that this is where Diana was christened.

Not talking about her body. Talking about her face.

LaRae

I agree. Her body is as far from Wallis as possible, but not her face. The first time I saw Pippa I noticed the resemblance.

The Christening was a 430 pm. Photos weren't probably taken until after 6pm. Testino would have to go back to London and process them and then send them to the Cambridges to pick which ones and then they can be released. It's only early afternoon in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree. Her body is as far from Wallis as possible, but not her face. The first time I saw Pippa I noticed the resemblance.

Hmmm other than the strong/hard face angles I just don't see Wallis.

LaRae

None of this matters. Nor does it matter that this is where the royal family worships, whilst at Sandringham. Or that it is very close to Anmer, where the Cambridge family are based. All that appears to matter is that this is where Diana was christened.

Agree, this over done media gagging is starting to get silly. Plus, the amazing thing about Diana here in America, most under the age of 20 don't remember and could careless about Diana. They don't care about Charles either. They enjoy William and Catherine plus new family. Even most of my family and friends in UK feel that media is constantly picking at straws in reference to Diana. Leave the poor woman rest.

My three favorites.

Is she still in there?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/17/2A4055AE00000578-3149880-image-a-114_1436113631958.jpg

Your majesty I need your help. My parents told me that were bringing me a nice surprise but come see what they brought me instead.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/19/2A40D89700000578-3149880-image-a-65_1436121878388.jpg

Nanny making sure George doesn't get dirty.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/19/2A40A85900000578-3149880-image-m-54_1436119953315.jpg

A lovely photo of The Queen and Catherine.

Zimbio

George waving to the crowd

Loving this picture with George and Great Granny

https://mobile.twitter.com/britishroyals/status/617748716297060352/photo/1

It's like -I still get to be King, right ?

I, too, don't really get why Harry couldn't have stayed in the UK for a week to go to the Christening.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That's a cute photo. I also love the one of George peeking into the pram.

Kate Middleton and Prince William arrive for Princess Charlotte's christening | Daily Mail Online
First- Great to see HM so thrilled, and she and George together are adorable.
Second- That second photo is ridiculously adorable. Her Majesty with George is so cute, and I love HM and William's body language torwads George- getting down to his level.
Third- Great picture of HM and Catherine.
Forth- ridiculously cute.
Fifth- I love all the great moments of William being Daddy in this one. The man has amazing children skills. Love how he handled George's tantrum.

Last edited:
The photos are all stunning and I thank all of you for them that George is gorgeous and William what a peach. I loved the Queen and Sophie Carter looked very glamorous.

You are calling William a peach?:confused: Or George?

:lol:
My three favorites.

Is she still in there?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/17/2A4055AE00000578-3149880-image-a-114_1436113631958.jpg

Your majesty I need your help. My parents told me that were bringing me a nice surprise but come see what they brought me instead.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/19/2A40D89700000578-3149880-image-a-65_1436121878388.jpg

Nanny making sure George doesn't get dirty.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/07/05/19/2A40A85900000578-3149880-image-m-54_1436119953315.jpg
:lol: And the winner is Queen Camilla for the best captions of the day!

I particularly adored the video of Prince George, after standing on tippy toes to look in the pram, walks away on tippy toes before he's off - so typically toddler - 'I'll just tippy toe away while they aren't paying attention and go play over there' is what I imagine his thoughts were.
And then on the walk back where once he became aware that his grandparents were in the group behind he seemed to really want to be in that group so William had to scoop him up and carry him - or at least that's how I interpreted the walk back.

I particularly adored the video of Prince George, after standing on tippy toes to look in the pram, walks away on tippy toes before he's off - so typically toddler - 'I'll just tippy toe away while they aren't paying attention and go play over there' is what I imagine his thoughts were.
And then on the walk back where once he became aware that his grandparents were in the group behind he seemed to really want to be in that group so William had to scoop him up and carry him - or at least that's how I interpreted the walk back.

Yes, I think he wanted to wait for everyone and Catherine gave the hint for William to pick him up. I know he gives his parents a workout due to them chasing him all over the place.

I think in one of the videos you can hear William saying to George "they're coming too" as he keeps looking towards his grandparents.

Back
Top Bottom