The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Courtier

The River of Jordan is were Jesus was baptize and also were the tribe of Israel were believe to have crossed to enter the promised land.

I don't see how it silly for them to used the water

Old 07-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
The River of Jordan is were Jesus was baptize and also were the tribe of Israel were believe to have crossed to enter the promised land.

I don't see how it silly for them to used the water
I know that. And I didn't say it was silly! I just said that with the pollution of the water (which makes a purification process needed) plus the length it has to travel would make me support a change. But that might be because I've always been taught that things doesn't matter in your faith, that God listen just as much to you when on the toilet as in church.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

They didn't send a plane to just pick up water and fly back. The BBC article said the water was from the Jordanian Royal Court. They could have sent a 1L over to the British Embassy when George was born and they are still using it.

I just found an article on the George's christening that the use of the River Jordan water for Royal baptism started in the 12th century so it goes way back to the Crusaders.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They didn't send a plane to just pick up water and fly back. The BBC article said the water was from the Jordanian Royal Court. They could have sent a 1L over to the British Embassy when George was born and they are still using it.

I just found an article on the George's christening that the use of the River Jordan water for Royal baptism started in the 12th century so it goes way back to the Crusaders.

True. I'm not saying that they shouldn't do it. It was just a thought that came up because I rememebered that the king here in Sweden had decided to forgo jordanian water for water from Öland. :)
Old 07-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h2 hours ago
Lots of godparent predictions flying around this morning. Based on W&K's picks last time around I'd expect a few surprises.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h2 hours ago
For grins here are my guesses: Tiggy, a Van Cutsem, Tom van Straubenzee, Trini Foyle, Lady Sarah McCorquodale & Charlie Mayhew.

A Royal Christening Fit for a Princess-
https://victoriaarbiter.wordpress.co...or-a-princess/

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can personally confirm that the Lily Font and the Baptismal Ewer aren't in the Crown Jewels at the moment but are 'in use' so presumably they have been taken to Sandringham for tomorrow's service.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Gentry

Crown Jewels to be taken to Norfolk for 'central role' in Princess Charlotte's christening | Daily Mail Online

Silly article - it makes it sound like ALL the crown jewels are going. I question the idea that the font has never left London. On the Royal Collection website it states that the Lily font has been in use for all the royal baptisms since 1841. Quite a few baptisms have happened at Sandringham, White Lodge and Windsor. So.....?
Old 07-05-2015, 01:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrobug View Post
Crown Jewels to be taken to Norfolk for 'central role' in Princess Charlotte's christening | Daily Mail Online

Silly article - it makes it sound like ALL the crown jewels are going. I question the idea that the font has never left London. On the Royal Collection website it states that the Lily font has been in use for all the royal baptisms since 1841. Quite a few baptisms have happened at Sandringham, White Lodge and Windsor. So.....?

What a silly headline like you say it sounds like all the jewels are going to the baptism so I guess the queen will be wearing her crown !!

Old 07-05-2015, 02:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe that water from the River Jordan has been used in many royal christening ceremonies over the years, including the Queen and Princess Margaret's.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know when we find out the names of the godparents?
Old 07-05-2015, 03:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Does anyone know when we find out the names of the godparents?
Today, the announcements of Charlotte's godparents will be made.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-05-2015, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrobug View Post

Silly is the right word to describe not only the article, but the entire newspaper.

I look forward to seeing the official photos.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Charlotte christening: live updates - Telegraph
Old 07-05-2015, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Godparents announce

Quote:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 31s31 seconds ago
The godparents have been announced: Miss Sophie Carter
Mr. James Meade Mr. Adam Middleton The Hon. Laura Fellowes
Mr. Thomas van Straubenzee
So a cousin from Diana's side chosen this time in the form of Laura.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really nice and thoughtful to have Laura

Old 07-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Godparents announce

So a cousin from Diana's side chosen this time in the form of Laura.
The predictions were waaaaaay off then
Old 07-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

CHRISTENING PRINCESS CHARLOTTE | Selda Göktaş
Old 07-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

So a cousin from each side and then three friends of the couple?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Christening of Princess Charlotte: July 5, 2015

I saw some people say Tom VS or James Meade. But not both. I never heard of Sophie Carter. I like the two first cousins from the Middleton and Spencer sides.

Interesting that there is only 5, not six with another woman to even it out.

Update: Did some googling -Sophie Carter was at Kate's bday at Cirque de Soleil along with Trini and Emilia and their hubbys plus cousins Adam and Lucy.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely choices