The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Thank you for your info but I still don't like the situation... To me it looks like "you can stay confined there"...
Of course that's what it means. the public are always confined because royalty does not go into any crowd for security reasons.

what is different here is that this is a private area that the public will be able to go to if they want. And that is key - people who want to go can.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^The same is true for any elected HoS or Head of Government in most western nations. As a citizen you can come and see him/her but your proximity is likely to be tightly controlled. In all honesty it might be easier for me as an American citizen to see/meet the Cambridges than the Obamas.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

I read the paddock announcement by KP as an answer to questions they had received as the christening was taking place during the tourist season (when Sandringham is open to the public- tho not on that day) so KP announced the paddock would be open as on other royal services at the St Mary Magdalene.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
^^^The same is true for any elected HoS or Head of Government in most western nations. As a citizen you can come and see him/her but your proximity is likely to be tightly controlled. In all honesty it might be easier for me as an American citizen to see/meet the Cambridges than the Obamas.
Oh, definitely. Having had experience meeting both presidents and royals, there's no doubt that the royals are much more accessible, and the security for royals is much, much more relaxed.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals Jun 29 The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, the Middletons & Prince George will be at Princess Charlotte's christening at Sandringham on Sunday

Quote:
Members of the public have been invited to share in Princess Charlotte's christening this Sunday by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The royal couple have asked for the paddock outside St Mary Magdalene Church, Sandringham, to be opened to the public so they can see the baby before and after her baptism.

The church itself will be open to invited guests only, but thousands of people are expected to turn out for a rare opportunity to see the fourth in line to the throne.

It will be the first time in living memory that the christening of such a senior member of the Royal family has involved the public in any way.
More: Princess Charlotte christening: public will be welcome outside church on Sunday - Telegraph

Mario Testino will photos of Princess Charlotte’s christening party | Royal | News | Daily Express

What Would Kate Do@WWKD_Official
The Royal Mint has released photographs of the official coin to mark Princess Charlotte's christening

https://twitter.com/WWKD_Official/st...30019794665472
Old 07-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Of course that's what it means. the public are always confined because royalty does not go into any crowd for security reasons.

what is different here is that this is a private area that the public will be able to go to if they want. And that is key - people who want to go can.

Well, I hope at least this means there will not be complaints like ti was with George: many fans said they were disapointed, because they had waited all day long to see George and all the were able to see were the rushing of cars.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

If fans were disappointed it's their own fault. The palace announced the christening location well ahead of time and the Chapel Royal isn't visible from the street. The most they were ever going to get was cars driving in that was well apparent before the day.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Charlotte to be celebrated with her own coin – How to get your very own…
Princess Charlotte to be celebrated with her own Royal coin – How to get your very own… | Royal | News | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Charlotte's christening: Hello Magazine

Princess Charlotte's christening: the church - hellomagazine.com
Old 07-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h4 hours ago
Flowers brought by well-wishers to Princess Charlotte's christening on Sunday will be given to East Anglia's Children's Hospices.

Catherine's charity.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Gentry

That's nice. What else can they do with all the flowers. I understand why people want to give flowers and little gifts but I wish people would just give donations in Princess Charlotte's name.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Princess Charlotte's christening: Hello Magazine

Princess Charlotte's christening: the church - hellomagazine.com
It's amazing how many words can say almost nothing.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrobug View Post
That's nice. What else can they do with all the flowers. I understand why people want to give flowers and little gifts but I wish people would just give donations in Princess Charlotte's name.
I think some will do just that.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Oh, definitely. Having had experience meeting both presidents and royals, there's no doubt that the royals are much more accessible, and the security for royals is much, much more relaxed.
You are certainly correct on that. I also have had that "honor" and found meeting a royal much more enjoyable and completely comfortable. American presidents and wives, not so much although fairly pleasant.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

It would be fine in this case, but generally giving a donation to a charity in someone's name is a mixed blessing- the person is immediately targeted by dozens of other charities and it quickly becomes a nuisance.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Gentry

That is true - but donations can be made anonymously.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That is true - but donations can be made anonymously.

Even donations made in someone's name?
How would you keep the person's name from becoming known, in that case?
Old 07-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of York ‏@TheDukeOfYork 13h13 hours ago
#TBT Princess Eugenie's christening in 1990. Princess Charlotte will be christened at the same church on Sunday
https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork/st...08096723582976

Nice post from Prince Andrew!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Even donations made in someone's name?
How would you keep the person's name from becoming known, in that case?

If you sent cash in the mail with note and don't put a return address, the charity isn't going to know who it from.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-03-2015, 01:06 AM
Gentry

Actually I was thinking donation boxes....After the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami I made a donation to one of the organizations. And as Maribel said, I was quickly overran with appeals from other organizations. Since then, any donation I make is anonymous when I can or in a donation box. After our dear Cinrit died, I made a donation into one of our local animal shelter boxes. They didn't know who donated or in whose memory. But I did. And the shelter benefited.
So those who want to donate to EACH could just quietly hand an envelope to one of the EACH volunteers. No fuss, no muss. Better than flowers. OK. Not as pretty but more useful.