Christening of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: July 5, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree Macrobug and I wouldn't be surprised if those volunteers from EACH will have donation buckets, envelopes, and information about the hospices available for those who wish to donate flowers and more that day.

With the christening any last guesses on the godparents...I think they will go similar to what they did last time

one st andrews person, one kate person, one william person (friend), cousin, someone connected with diana, one of their staff... so my guess are trini, james meade, olivia bleasedale, peter, hugh van cutsem, helen asprey or rebecca, a sister of diana or someone from royal marsden or centrepoint,

I can't wait to see once more wee princess Charlotte. She must have changed a lot.

I cannot wait to see her too! I am amolst expecting a copy of prince George :D

We forgot about Maud wearing the gown. Has there been any other Kents and Gloucester grandkids born after James in the new gown era?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We forgot about Maud wearing the gown. Has there been any other Kents and Gloucester grandkids born after James in the new gown era?

I don't know if they've worn the new gown, but there have been a good number of Kent and Gloucester grandchildren born since then:
- the Duke and Duchessnof Gloucester have 6 grandchildren born since 2007, Xan, Cosima, Senna, Lyla, Tane, and Rufus.
- the Duke and Duchess of Kent have 3 grandchildren born since then, Albert, Leopold, and Louis
- Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's only grandchild was born after 2007, Maud

Only Princess Alexandra doesn't have grandchildren who are younger

So it's possible that several babies have worn the new gown between James and Charlotte .

Ok wait...the baptism isn't until Sunday right? The way that article sounds it's tomorrow.

LaRae

It's from Saturday's paper so the christening is the next day when you read the paper.

Ah ok....It didn't click it was already Saturday.

As far as we know: Savannah, Isla, Maud, Mia, Viscount Severn, George... Charlotte will be the next. Not sure about the others.

The special water flown in for Princess Charlotte-
The special water flown in for Princess Charlotte - BBC News
I read that. I can understand the sentiment but after purifying it etc it seems like whatever "specialness" one likes to think is in it should be gone :p That plus the shipping of it seems a little, for lack of a better word, unneccessary. I like that in Sweden the king has chosen to use water from Öland which is a dear to their heart part of Sweden. I would like to see royal children in the UK be baptised in something similar, from a special place in the UK. But as I said, I understand the sentiment.

The description for the gold lily baptism font that is part of the Crown Jewels says that it was first used in 1841 and water from the River Jordan was used. So using River Jordan water goes back to Victoria and possibly earlier. The Thames has been dirty and filled with waste since the Middle Ages. With its vast seafaring prowess and navy, getting water from the River Jordan for a Royal christening wouldn't be that difficult for the British. Plus the Jordan water has the link with Jesus.

I read that. I can understand the sentiment but after purifying it etc it seems like whatever "specialness" one likes to think is in it should be gone :p That plus the shipping of it seems a little, for lack of a better word, unneccessary. I like that in Sweden the king has chosen to use water from Öland which is a dear to their heart part of Sweden. I would like to see royal children in the UK be baptised in something similar, from a special place in the UK. But as I said, I understand the sentiment.

It does seem unnecessary, but you know if they didn't do it the press would be all over it, claiming that George was more important because he is the heir, etc.

The River of Jordan is were Jesus was baptize and also were the tribe of Israel were believe to have crossed to enter the promised land.

I don't see how it silly for them to used the water

The River of Jordan is were Jesus was baptize and also were the tribe of Israel were believe to have crossed to enter the promised land.

I don't see how it silly for them to used the water
I know that. And I didn't say it was silly! I just said that with the pollution of the water (which makes a purification process needed) plus the length it has to travel would make me support a change. But that might be because I've always been taught that things doesn't matter in your faith, that God listen just as much to you when on the toilet as in church.

They didn't send a plane to just pick up water and fly back. The BBC article said the water was from the Jordanian Royal Court. They could have sent a 1L over to the British Embassy when George was born and they are still using it.

I just found an article on the George's christening that the use of the River Jordan water for Royal baptism started in the 12th century so it goes way back to the Crusaders.

They didn't send a plane to just pick up water and fly back. The BBC article said the water was from the Jordanian Royal Court. They could have sent a 1L over to the British Embassy when George was born and they are still using it.

I just found an article on the George's christening that the use of the River Jordan water for Royal baptism started in the 12th century so it goes way back to the Crusaders.

True. I'm not saying that they shouldn't do it. It was just a thought that came up because I rememebered that the king here in Sweden had decided to forgo jordanian water for water from Öland. :)

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h2 hours ago
Lots of godparent predictions flying around this morning. Based on W&K's picks last time around I'd expect a few surprises.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 2h2 hours ago
For grins here are my guesses: Tiggy, a Van Cutsem, Tom van Straubenzee, Trini Foyle, Lady Sarah McCorquodale & Charlie Mayhew.

A Royal Christening Fit for a Princess-
https://victoriaarbiter.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/a-royal-christening-fit-for-a-princess/

I can personally confirm that the Lily Font and the Baptismal Ewer aren't in the Crown Jewels at the moment but are 'in use' so presumably they have been taken to Sandringham for tomorrow's service.

Crown Jewels to be taken to Norfolk for 'central role' in Princess Charlotte's christening | Daily Mail Online

Silly article - it makes it sound like ALL the crown jewels are going. I question the idea that the font has never left London. On the Royal Collection website it states that the Lily font has been in use for all the royal baptisms since 1841. Quite a few baptisms have happened at Sandringham, White Lodge and Windsor. So.....?

What a silly headline like you say it sounds like all the jewels are going to the baptism so I guess the queen will be wearing her crown !!

I believe that water from the River Jordan has been used in many royal christening ceremonies over the years, including the Queen and Princess Margaret's.

Back
Top Bottom