The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Charlotte in christening photos with Kate Middleton and the Royal Family | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cici View Post
Adorable photos and I love the different scenarios, in the drawing room and outside and inside.
I agree. And that one with William and George laughing is so amazing! It will go down in history!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Majesty

What great pictures! I love the fact that we have some shots from the drawing room, and some from the garden. Charlotte is precious, and as someone pointed out, she resembles Catherine. The photo of William and George laughing doesn't need words. All we need to know is already spoken, if you will.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

I love seeing the pictures. The children are adorable and I think Charlotte looks very much like George with darker hair.

That being said ... I don't know if it is Testino's "style" or what, but I don't much care for his photography. I actually think the photographer for George's christening did a better job. There is something about the lighting that I do not like. I felt the same way about W&K's engagement picture (except the one by the window). In that one it looked liked W's head had been photo-shopped onto a different picture as though MT was trying to combine two different pictures.

I hope there are more pictures coming with a picture of Charlotte "close up and upright". As I said I'm glad to se the pictures, I just don't think Testino is "all that".
Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Great pics...love that Prince Charles's tie matches Camilla.

George looks very like Michael when he's got that wide open laughing smile (the black/white...and I love black/white photos) picture where William is holding him.

I can't decide who Charlotte looks like...her features don't jump out at me yet.

Just great pics of the family....everyone looks so nice!

LaRae
Old 07-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I love seeing the pictures. The children are adorable and I think Charlotte looks very much like George with darker hair.

That being said ... I don't know if it is Testino's "style" or what, but I don't much care for his photography. I actually think the photographer for George's christening did a better job. There is something about the lighting that I do not like. I felt the same way about W&K's engagement picture (except the one by the window). In that one it looked liked W's head had been photo-shopped onto a different picture as though MT was trying to combine two different pictures.

I hope there are more pictures coming with a picture of Charlotte "close up and upright". As I said I'm glad to se the pictures, I just don't think Testino is "all that".
I think it's a matter of taste. I myself love his style but it can't be everyone's cup of tea! And thank you for saying it in such a nice way!!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Not at all. I'm very willing to accept that it is just a matter of taste/style. Too me, everyone looks so "bleached out"
Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think George is bragging that he has more hair than his daddy in that one photo. I love that once again the Queen's handbag is in the shot. That has to piss Lupo off. 😋 He could squeeze in there under the sofa.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
The Queen's handbag is almost as iconic as Her Majesty herself. Mario Testino has done a good job with those pictures. I liked all four of them.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

In the group shot, they have flipped sides from George's group shot. Royals on left for George, on right for Charlotte. But in both photos, William is on the Middleton side in both. Subliminal message of protection perhaps?

Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't the photographer place the subjects?

LaRae
Old 07-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Royal Highness

I love the pictures! They feel very intimate, IMO. I can't quite tell who Charlotte looks like, yet. She favors George as a baby, but they don't look exactly alike. She looks like she's going to have a head of dark hair, though!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I agree with you about Testino. To me the pictures look out of focus and photoshopped. The engagement pix were the same. I prefer Catherine's pix of George and Charlotte.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the one of Catherine and Charlotte the most, but I like all of the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

I think the photographs are warm and lovely with a nice mixture of settings. Love the group shot and the BW pic of William and George - classic! The 'we 4' photo is simple and nice; the charm being George playing with his hair. The shot of Catherine and Charlotte is my least favorite of Catherine, but I think it was a candid shot of her walking in the room - the money being that Charlotte is wide-eyed and looking direct at the camera - which is always a gift with an infant.

All in all a lovely collection of photographs. I'm sure grandparents got their own special photos of the day as well..... perhaps a photo of grandpa Charles and his grandchildren may find its way into the Clarence House drawing room for us to see in the future.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
In the group shot, they have flipped sides from George's group shot. Royals on left for George, on right for Charlotte. But in both photos, William is on the Middleton side in both. Subliminal message of protection perhaps?

No, William sits opposite the queen, prince Philip is near his wife. It would be odd to line them: Philip - Middletons - Charles+Camilla. As a result we have Middletons behind William.

Quote:

I agree with you. And I was surprised that MT hadn't found new composition for family pic.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Lovely pictures, I especially like the one of the Duchess and Princess Charlotte.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I can't quite tell who Charlotte looks like, yet. She favors George as a baby, but they don't look exactly alike.
I think she looks a lot like her mommy at that age.
Well we'll see her next time only in the age around 1 year so then it'' be easier to decide about resemblance. But I think shell end up having dark hair and eyes.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

I prefer Kate's style of photography over Testino's. Found him overrated for ages but the lightning in these are not great.

Charlotte is a pretty baby though.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte is a very pretty baby and I agree she favours the Middletons in looks. Large dark eyes! Everyone looked very happy in the group photo and George laughing with his father in black and white is very sweet. Interior shot and outdoors were absolutely fine.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christening of Princess Charlotte: July 5, 2015

I think they are lovely photos with some interesting variety. The Cambridge family are a very attractive bunch and the Middletons look pretty good too!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app