The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-07-2015, 04:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really have no doubt that Maria is a full time, professional nanny who gets paid professional wages and also is a live in resident of the Cambridge household. She's also a graduate of Norland which has had a stellar reputation for years and I would imagine that the graduates are proud to wear the uniform.

Given what we have seen and what we know about both William and Kate when it comes to their household and raising their children, I would bet my last cream puff that Maria finds herself being regarded as part of the family. Both George and Charlotte will be as close to Maria as any other family member and to me, its a good thing as for little ones the family circle at home is their circle of trust.

Another thing I noticed at the christening is that Maria was very much included and encouraged to be there and meet and greet with the people attending. She obviously wasn't to fade into the background and perhaps that is the reason she chose to wear the Norland uniform. After all, this day was centered on Charlotte and those that will be important in her life.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Courtier

I'm a grand'ma and to be honest, thirty years ago, I would have loved 'to have had a problem like Maria'

Old 07-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
I'm a grand'ma and to be honest, thirty years ago, I would have loved 'to have had a problem like Maria'

I bet you took a leap of joy when you thought that one out didn't you

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Serene Highness

Kate deals with the kids more than William, like I think many moms. Dads are working and the moms are the ones who really set the rules with the kids. I think that was shown with Kate at the christening. The uniform to me was fine this was a formal occasion and that was her formal dress. It is he uniform of the company she represents so why should she change it . It is a calling card for her company.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

It's very obvious that Kate is a hands on mom. William is a hands on dad but he's not there as much for the day to day situations. Learning as he goes but he seems very natural and comfortable with George....and really do you know any families where the wife isn't instructing the husband when it comes to the kids? LOL I don't!

I don't think having a nanny is any different than parents who put their children in daycare all day while they go off to work...in fact I think having a nanny in house would be a far superior situation for the children.

LaRae
Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I absolutely loved the nanny's uniform. I thought it quite charming.

LaRae

Ugly coulour, ugly cut. I think being able to look gradually fine in it would require a very, very pretty girl wearing it, which the Cambridge´s nanny, sorry to say that, is not... But, of course, I´m sure she´s a very capable and loving nanny, which is all what counts.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Ugly coulour, ugly cut. I think being able to look gradually fine in it would require a very, very pretty girl wearing it, which the Cambridge´s nanny, sorry to say that, is not... But, of course, I´m sure she´s a very capable and loving nanny, which is all what counts.

She's not supposed to look glamorous or like one of the guests...and as I understand it the color/style is a traditional look from years back. She looks quite presentable and appropriate for her role. We all know day to day she wears regular clothing as we've seen the pics.

LaRae
Old 07-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Nanny Maria got fed up with people confusing her with Emma the RPO so she busted out the Mary Poppins Norland uni to settle it for good who is the nanny and who is the RPO 😛

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-07-2015, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post

She's not a girl at all, she's a woman in her mid forties. She looked clean, and neat and appropriately dressed in uniform. Her looks are totally irrelevant.

Ugh, seems like even those who work near the Cambridges are going to be exposed to nasty comments about their looks and clothing.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

When do we see the outrage against Lupo Cambridge who is so uncivilized that he goes to the bathroom outdoors ?

The Daily Mail had an article about Pippa upstaging Kate again because she wore the same color just like the Royal wedding. Like Pippa and Kate didn't talk about what they were wearing beforehand. C'mon.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
She's not a girl at all, she's a woman in her mid forties. She looked clean, and neat and appropriately dressed in uniform. Her looks are totally irrelevant.

Ugh, seems like even those who work near the Cambridges are going to be exposed to nasty comments about their looks and clothing.

Is she really in her mid 40's? She doesn't look near that!

LaRae
Old 07-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Did they wait a few days before they released George's christening photos? I am intrigued to see Mario Testino's photo's as his photos are normally beautiful.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Did they wait a few days before they released George's christening photos? I am intrigued to see Mario Testino's photo's as his photos are normally beautiful.
When you are Mario Testino, you take time to make your photos into wonderful, perfect prints/digital images. You crop and change exposure and weigh the relative greatness of each image befor you release them to the family. You do not rush some snaps to the DM.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Yeah, when photographing at this level the last thing you want to do is rush and send out sub par work or unflattering poses, angles, etc. People pay for the best and expect to get it or go Elsewhare next time.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

I would expect photos Wed or Thursday - not today on the 7/7 anniversary nor on Friday on the anniversary of the Battle of Britain. If not by Thursday - then for the weekend editions of the papers.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Maria was there for the actual christening.
When Kate and William were participating at the christening, Maria would have been looking after George.

I thought Kate was very hands on with her children.

When George ran away she told William to go after him.
When George had one of his stubborn moods and William was trying to deal with him, Kate put her hand on William's back and told him to just carry George.
When George had another of his moods Kate stopped and turn around to look at him.
When George's hair became ruffled she combed it with her hands
When George peeked into the crib, Kate talked to him and made sure he didn't go after Charlotte.

William seems to have a bit of difficulty keeping up with George.

If Kate had not told him to go after George who knows where George would have ended up.

Kate kept her eyes on both of her children. William became distracted by Charlotte, the Queen, the Archbishop, etc..

Kate handled George by herself several times including at the polo game and at the farm. She has visited the farm several times and the nanny was no where to be seen.

The nanny is there to help out when Kate is busy with Charlotte or when Kate is away.
This is what I saw as well. William and Catherine were the ones handling their children probably ninety percent of the time. Miss. Maria was more than likely keeping tabs on George during the Christening service. William and Catherine need a full-time nanny, and they have one, but it doesn't mean she's the one who is ALWAYS caring for their son and daughter. As someone pointed out, it's a better situation for the child to,stay at home with the nanny, than be at a daycare, where he/she may not get as much attention. Thank you for your play-by-play.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

It is just a bit of ceremonial that a nanny is dressed like that for formal events. Look at the nanny of (now) King Willem-Alexander: picture.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Is it a normal thing for nannies to be on hand for Royal christening?
Old 07-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Royal's have their Nannies with them all the time. The Monaco twins' nannies were there for their christening's.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I would expect photos Wed or Thursday - not today on the 7/7 anniversary nor on Friday on the anniversary of the Battle of Britain. If not by Thursday - then for the weekend editions of the papers.
This is exactly my thinking Prince George's were released the day after his christening at 10pm (slightly earlier because the Telegraph broke embargo) but I think it's very sensible that they have been delayed this time.