The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I knew Charlotte would get a Spencer cousin, since George got a Windsor one with Zara. Thought more of the children of Sarah instead of Jane, but reading that Laura lived for a while in KP, it seems she has the closest relationship to William. It's a good choice
Btw all those articles that say Harry and Pippa were snubbed are so silly.
Laura also lives in Norfolk.

Old 07-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
The queen looks smashing!

Camilla ..not a fan of her look.

Carole looked very nice...liked her outfit.

The style of Pippa's dress was nice..the color/material was so so.

Catherine's outfit...was ok, blah. It was appropriate.

George was so cute!

LaRae

You have summed it up well very elegant all round except for Camilla

Old 07-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
I knew Charlotte would get a Spencer cousin, since George got a Windsor one with Zara. Thought more of the children of Sarah instead of Jane, but reading that Laura lived for a while in KP, it seems she has the closest relationship to William. It's a good choice
Btw all those articles that say Harry and Pippa were snubbed are so silly.
So it's only Harry and Pippa who were snubbed not James. They always forget she has a brother, in all honesty I don't understand making an aunt or uncle also a god parent, I always thought that latter job should be taken up by a non relative. An aunt or uncle already has an important role.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

Well I didn't saw one article even suggesting James lol He seems to be quite 'irrelevant' for the press (not my opinion).

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
So it's only Harry and Pippa who were snubbed not James. They always forget she has a brother, in all honesty I don't understand making an aunt or uncle also a god parent, I always thought that latter job should be taken up by a non relative. An aunt or uncle already has an important role.
It is funny how the media always forget James - part of me almost feels bad for him for being "left out," but he may well feel glad that the media doesn't pay him much attention.

I agree that it's better to choose someone other than immediate family as godparents. My godparents are my aunt and uncle, which I've always found to be redundant and a bit disappointing. I adore my aunt and uncle, but they're in my life no matter what (in fact, I didn't even know they were my godparents until I was about 8 or 10 years old and I asked my mother who my godparents were.) I've often been a bit envious of people who have non-relative grandparents, because I think it's nice to have other people to have that godparent-godchild relationship with. Harry, Pippa and James will be there for George and Charlotte no matter what.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
more coverage on Pippa. i thought she too looked very elegant... actually i dont think there was a 'miss' of the day.

Kate Middleton's sister Pippa stuns at Princess Charlotte's christening | Daily Mail Online
The first photo of Pippa reminds me of Wallis Simpson
Old 07-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
I was thinking "well, that's a strange comment to make," but then I looked at the picture. I definitely see what you mean.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
I've always been struck by Pippa's resemblance to Wallis Simpson. I loved her outfit today.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I've always thought Pippa much more attractive in face and body than Wallis. They both have a somewhat hard look to them...perhaps that's what ya'll are seeing.

LaRae
Old 07-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I've always thought Pippa much more attractive in face and body than Wallis. They both have a somewhat hard look to them...perhaps that's what ya'll are seeing.

LaRae
I had never noticed it before, but I find the resemblance eerie in that one picture! I agree that I find Pippa more attractive, but she's also several years younger than Wallis was when Wallis became a public figure.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

All the pics I've seen of Wallis, she's always been rather hard and masculine looking, even when younger. And anorexic looking. Very slim no hipped boyish body.

Pippa has a little bit of a hard edge that can look a bit strong at certain angles but past that I don't see a resemblence to Wallis myself.

LaRae
Old 07-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
All the pics I've seen of Wallis, she's always been rather hard and masculine looking, even when younger. And anorexic looking. Very slim no hipped boyish body.

Pippa has a little bit of a hard edge that can look a bit strong at certain angles but past that I don't see a resemblence to Wallis myself.

LaRae
Yes, Wallis always had a much more boyish figure. It's the faces where I see the similarity. Yes, they both have a bit of a hard look (which I've always noticed in particular with regard to Pippa, as Kate is so much softer looking), but I think there's a certain similarity in their noses/mouths. I don't think they look identical or anything, but now that someone's mentioned a resemblance, I can't believe I never noticed it before.

Also, wow, I hadn't paid much attention to Pippa's outfit from today until now. Gorgeous!
Old 07-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Carole Middleton has a bit of a edge/angle in her face at times so I'm guessing that's where Pippa gets it.

I think Kate looks more like her father.

LaRae
Old 07-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I preferred Pippa's outfit to Kate's
I think Pippa is plain but she doesn't remind me at all of Wallis. Wallis' face was far from stunning but she still looked different. I also don't recall anyone saying Wallis was oh so pretty, but with Pippa people keep saying she's hott when she is far from it.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-05-2015, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I did see the what you are saying. Wallis was no beauty, nor is Pippa. Much was made of her during the wedding, but that was from behind. Both Katherine's outfit and Pippa's were lovely. The queen looked nice, but little different than always and Camilla looked fine.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I preferred Pippa's outfit to Kate's
I think Pippa is plain but she doesn't remind me at all of Wallis. Wallis' face was far from stunning but she still looked different. I also don't recall anyone saying Wallis was oh so pretty, but with Pippa people keep saying she's hott when she is far from it.
I also preferred Pippa's outfit to Kate's, though I liked Kate's too.

I've always assumed that most of the "Pippa's so hot" comments were mostly in reference to her bum and all the attention it received at William and Kate's wedding. Otherwise, I'm not sure people would make much of a fuss over her looks, but then, people do have different tastes. As for Walis, she was stylish but, no, I don't think people generally made a fuss over her attractiveness or anything. However, it was a different era and a very different situation. The media in particular is quite different these days, and they focus on things that wouldn't really have been mentioned back in the day.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old 07-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Folks, yes, William and Catherine most likely chose Laura because William is close to her and she's from his mother's side of the family. There's nothing wrong with the media making the Diana reference, that's pretty much the whole idea of William & Catherine choosing Charlotte's name and making Laura her godmother.

I thought everyone looked great, although Catherine could've worn a brooch with her outfit. Her late mother-in-law's diamond and sapphire brooch would have looked great. It was good to see everyone so happy and the crowds went nuts for them.

Can't wait for the official pictures to be released.

Videos:
Princess Charlotte, who was pictured with rosy red cheeks as she was lifted out of her pram, was christened by Archbishop of Canterbury the Most Rev Justin Welby who used holy water from the River Jordan to welcome the young royal into the christian faith in front of 21 official guests-

http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...SS%20CHARLOTTE

GUESTS DEPART CHRISTENING OF PRINCESS CHARLOTTE-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTer...SS%20CHARLOTTE

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
The queen looks smashing!

Camilla ..not a fan of her look.

Carole looked very nice...liked her outfit.

The style of Pippa's dress was nice..the color/material was so so.

Catherine's outfit...was ok, blah. It was appropriate.

George was so cute!

LaRae
Loved the colour of the Queen's ensemble. Loved Camilla's fantastic hat - jury is still out on the dress. Interesting to see that Middleton ladies were all dressed in white/cream variations. Carole definitely took the prize there.

Wonderful to see Princess Charlotte travel to and from the church in a pram designed for taking a baby for a walk while gently rocking over bumps. It's sad seeing poor wee babies spitting up all the time because their trendy prams have little to no springs, having been designed for the parents supposed cross-country, mountain goat chasing, healthy running "lifestyle".

Surprised to see the Nanny dressed in a uniform. Horrified that the uniform has to be one of the most ugly uniforms I have ever seen in my life. That includes, gymfrocks and panama hats!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think it was which one of William's cousins on his mother's side that he is closest to. The press will make a Diana connection to almost anything. Kate wore polka dots leaving the hospital with George must be a tribute to Diana even though the two dresses were totally different other than polka dots

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I hold an opinion that I'm sure isn't shared by many. I am finding it somewhat morbid that almost everything this couple does must be to honor Diana's memory. I absolutely understand that William wants to remember his mother but it is getting to be a little too much. Kate has Diana's engagement ring. Charlotte has Diana's name.
George is dressed the same as how Diana dressed William. If Kate wear polka dots, it is to honor Diana. If she wears military, it is to honor Diana. If she even wears the same color that Diana once wore, it is to honor Diana. If Carole Middleton wears Catherine Walker label it is in honor of Diana. How many years must pass before Catherine can be herself or do something other than what will pay tribute to Diana? I imagine Catherine doesn't object because she loves William and wants him to be happy. But I hope that she isn't being pressured to do all of these things contrary to her own desires.