Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I would love a photo of the Queen with Charles, William and George. Must be.

I think there should be a photo of George with his grandmother and grandfathers.

I think there should be a photo of George with his grandmother and grandfathers.

I do too. The Middletons are a part of their lives and I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be a photo of Prince George with all of his grandparents.

Speaking of the Middletons, it's nice to see the photo that Michael took is displayed in the Queen's sitting room.

Inside The Queen's Balmoral sitting room... and its baby George who has pride of place | Royal | News | Daily Express

All the suggestion for photographs will happen, the real question is what will be published? I just googled William and Harry's christenings and saw some pix for the first time. Back then, we relied on what the newspapers published.

I'm just hoping more will be published on line.

I hope we do have a little video similar to the videos released for Zara's, William's and Harry's christening. The BRF could do with some positive PR, and if they provided photos and videos like this then the press intrusion may be less.

I wonder how big George will be in the lovely christening gown. Harry looked swamped in it, as did Louise but I think they were quite small whereas James looked HUGE in it. He looked much bigger than any of the royal babies in it, little chubs!

I don't mind what photos we get, as long as we get lovely traditional photos of the godparents and the famous 4 generation photo and I hope the Queen is holding George!

I don't remember any of the other Royal babies having photos with the non RF grandparents released...Why should George be different?
"

Maybe because William and Catherine have made some different choices and don't appear to be stopping that any time soon. Not that I think maternal grandparents w/George picture will be released just that it's not out of the realm of what would the Cambridges do?

^^^ in the christening photo of Louise Sophie's parents are next to Sophie. They weren't in James' as only Edward, Sophie and James were in that. Do you mean having their own photo with the non-royal grandparents amaryllus ?

I really don't think they have been as out of the box as some people want say. Other than staying with the Middleton's and having granddad take photos, they pretty much toe the line. If they really, really wanted to shake things up, they could put George in daycare, Catherine could work, and they could not move to the palace LoL. They could no any number of things, bad or good.

I think they will take a photos of just the Middletons and the Cambridges and also one with just Charles, Camilla, Harry and the Cambridges but neither will be released. What photo that gets released is both sets of grandparents with the couple and George plus the Queen and Philip.

Diana parents were into the photos for both William and Harry's christening.

I think there is some confusion regarding the photos that will be released.

Based on previous British christenings, there will be a couple of photos that are released and those who will not be released for the public.

Among those that most likely will be released will be a picture of Both families (the Windsors and the Middleton's) with the George, William and Catherine and the godparents. That has happened in the past with the Spencer and Rhys Jones family for example. There will also be a couple of pictures of just the BRF with the baby, those will most likely be released including the coveted 4 generation pic.

Most likely there will be pics of the George, William and Catherine taken with the just the Middleton family but probably those won't be released publicly. Frankly, I don't see the need. The Middleton's are George's family but there is no need to release this pics publicly.

I don't know why you think there shouldn't be any pictures released of George with his grandparents, the Middletons.

I agree. The Middleton's are apart of his family. I loved the pictures that Mike took.

There is no official reason why the Middleton pictures of just the Middleton's with their grandson should be released.

This is not a slight to them but the Middleton's are not public officials. They are not members of the BRF, they serve no official public role. Really, doing to so would just antagonize those who dislike (the haters really) them.

The Middleton's are the in laws to the future to King, parents to the future Queen and grandparents to the future King...they will always be on the fringes of the BRF orbit. Like Sophie's dad/brother, you will see them at Ascot, at church, a couple of events that might interest them but that's it.

And despite what anyone says.....I don't think they actively court publicity. In fact, I would hazard to guess.....if you see these private pics in the newspapers, it will because someone sold them without the Middleton's knowledge.

Has there ever been a photo of the Spencer Family during William Christening?

In one of the general pictures that were released that showed both the Earl Spencer and Mrs. Frances Shand Kydd and Diana's grandmother. Yes, you can see In this article, we and again for Harry

Woman & Woman's Own : Prince Harry Christening Special's - Princess ...

At Eugenie's christening, you saw the godparents plus Ronald Ferguson. His wife, Sarah step mother was also chosen as one of Eugenie's godparents.

The Royal Family & Princess Eugenie's godparents.

So there is a general picture that is released. Kate and William are very close to the Middleton's. They are a part of George's family and will not be pushed to the side and will be a part of his life.

Last edited:
There is no official reason why the Middleton pictures of just the Middleton's with their grandson should be released.

This is not a slight to them but the Middleton's are not public officials. They are not members of the BRF, they serve no official public role. Really, doing to so would just antagonize those who dislike (the haters really) them.

The Middleton's are the in laws to the future to King, parents to the future Queen and grandparents to the future King...they will always be on the fringes of the BRF orbit. Like Sophie's dad/brother, you will see them at Ascot, at church, a couple of events that might interest them but that's it.

And despite what anyone says.....I don't think they actively court publicity. In fact, I would hazard to guess.....if you see these private pics in the newspapers, it will because someone sold them without the Middleton's knowledge.

Might I just point out the middle tons are this child's actual grandparents . As such, I would say a released photo of them is more appropriate than one of Camilla playing granny, IMO

This isn't about Camilla so there is no need to make it so.

And at what point, did I say that the Middleton's are not George's grandparents? I would imagine that that when a group picture is taken it will include members of both families. And that includes everyone that William and Catherine considers to be family.

I simply stated and I stand by my statement...there is no need for a stand alone picture of the Middletons and Prince George to be released publicly. Those pics are for the private photo album.

Scooter is obsessed with dislike for Camilla, and cannot resist dragging her in the mud at every opportunity !

Scooter is obsessed with dislike for Camilla, and cannot resist dragging her in the mud at every opportunity !

Well...there is no need to feed the obsession.

Back to the christening!

I read that the Danish family Christening Robe that had been retired for preservation was brought out for Christian again as he is next heir....Would be so cool if they did the same for George.

If William and Catherine are moved into their new apartment, then maybe they will have lunch at their place. It would give the family a chance to see it.

Clarence House is attached to SJP. Charles would probably host the lunch afterwards. KP is a bit west of the mall where BP and CH are and the Cambridges aren't really set up to host 30 people for lunch with just a housekeeper.

Pretty sure they're not going to have "just a housekeeper" in KP, whether they tell us is a different matter. I can imagine, at least 2 butlers, William probably might have a valet type person so would Catherine, chef and assistant cooks obviously, housekeeper plus help for her, security, nanny etc. Unless they're doing the cooking and cleaning all by themselves, (maybe that's William's new gap year job? ;)), they need help.

I read that the Danish family Christening Robe that had been retired for preservation was brought out for Christian again as he is next heir....Would be so cool if they did the same for George.

No, the Danish family Christening Robe has not been retired yet. It has been used for Christian, Isabella and Vincent. Joachim's children have all had new christening robes. So the family robe has only been used by the Crown Prince's children

Pretty sure they're not going to have "just a housekeeper" in KP, whether they tell us is a different matter. I can imagine, at least 2 butlers, William probably might have a valet type person so would Catherine, chef and assistant cooks obviously, housekeeper plus help for her, security, nanny etc. Unless they're doing the cooking and cleaning all by themselves, (maybe that's William's new gap year job? ;)), they need help.

He already has an orderly. He was the man who brought the notice of George's birth from the hospital to BP and was seen bringing clothes (and some people) to St Mary's as well. He is a soldier from the parachute regiment

Fijian-born soldier serves as royal aide - Australia Network News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-orderly-hell-organise-Williams-wardrobe.html

Going back to the photos which I think I started - I have no objection to the Middleton's being photographed with their grandchild but see no reason for that photo to be released. Of course they should have a part to play in George's life but not in the public realm of his life. They should be the private place he and his family can retreat to while Charles, Camilla, The Queen and Philip will be the public part of his life. I also have no issue with them being in a larger group photo but I don't see a need for a picture of George and just his Middleton family, or even with his parents and the Middletons. Those photos should be for the private albums not for public consumption.

As for whether Camilla should be in the photos - of course she should. William, like millions of others, has a step-family and there are two ways to go with step-families - make them work or spew hatred. It seems that William and Harry, along with Tom and Laura, have made the decision to make it work rather than not accept the situation and so have become a step-family rather than a group of people who have a step-parent. As a result I expect William to include Camilla in family times with George and that includes photos with Camilla. I wouldn't expect a photo of just Camilla and George to be released to the public but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one is taken.

Last edited:
I think we'll see four photos:

- One of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and the godparents.

- One of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and both sets of grandparents: the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, and Mr. and Mrs. Middleton.

- One of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George, the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and the Middletons.

- One with the four generations: The Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince George.

Back
Top Bottom