Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We may be lucky and get to see footage during the period when the official photos were being taken as they did with Prince William. I think the Royal Family are pretty canny about how much exposure we are allowed - "always leave them wanting more".

The primary audience for the BRF are the British subjects, and those of the other realms. I am afraid Americans does not qualify, nor do their opinions particularly matter to HM and the BRF. HM is not head of state of the US (In over 60 years, her government has never "shut down", so the Americans may want to have a chat with her how to avoid such situations), and nor do the Americans pay for her - so in the nicest possible way, I suspect she does not really care about the time of their evening news!

Maybe some Americans are regretting the choice they made in 1776 of becoming a Republic. :whistling:

Who would care about the christening of an Obama?:D

Maybe some Americans are regretting the choice they made in 1776 of becoming a Republic. :whistling:

LOL, trust me there would be a lot of people interested in an Obama christening.

I don't regret our independence but I love the history we share with the British and the royals.

I hope not. I for one love our country being a republic.

There's people who deeply care about the Kardashians:eek:, that should tell you everything.

LOL, trust me there would be a lot of people interested in an Obama christening.

I don't regret our independence but I love the history we share with the British and the royals.

Seems like this topic has derailed a bit and before it crashes and the mods are left to clean up the mess, I'm gonna get back to the thoughts on the time of release of the pictures.

As we all know, the BRF is not a family of leisure by any means. My thoughts are that the photos are slated to be released at 10pm UK time because with the busy schedules of Great Granny, Grandpa and such and as the folks who would want to select which photos they like, it probably took time for them all to look at them and pick (such as Charles and Camilla pick the ones they liked best, the Middletons picked the ones they liked best and Great Granny looking them all over and giving the final say so on which ones are the best to be released to the public.

Anyhow, like the rest of us, I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures that are released. :flowers:

There's people who deeply care about the Kardashians:eek:, that should tell you everything.

I hate the fact my country being a Republic. At least we have a non-reigning Imperial Family.

Lol The Kardashians? Seriously? This is terrible!:ROFLMAO:

Seems like this topic has derailed a bit and before it crashes and the mods are left to clean up the mess, I'm gonna get back to the thoughts on the time of release of the pictures.

As we all know, the BRF is not a family of leisure by any means. My thoughts are that the photos are slated to be released at 10pm UK time because with the busy schedules of Great Granny, Grandpa and such and as the folks who would want to select which photos they like, it probably took time for them all to look at them and pick (such as Charles and Camilla pick the ones they liked best, the Middletons picked the ones they liked best and Great Granny looking them all over and giving the final say so on which ones are the best to be released to the public.

Anyhow, like the rest of us, I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures that are released. :flowers:

Do you really think HM has the final say about the pics? I think Will and Kate (Kate is probably the one who decides, we all know how marriages work, if momma isn't happy, no one is, :flowers:) pick the ones they want and then send them to everyone for their FYI.

Not to be rude but it look like you are from the Argentina not United State..

I will say while there are Americans who like or have an interest in Royalty and the Monarchy most wouldn't take their Independence back. Most are just fascinated by it or appreciate the history it shares with the British. and the media here tends to blur the lines between Royalty and Celebrities which is not right so there are the peoples who only look at them as celebs. The Royals are not celebrities.

The Kardashians are total fakes and wannabes, They think they are royalty but they are not. That whole family has no class. The Windsors have much more class then the Kardashians and most Hollywood Celebs under 35 (including Snooki, Kate Gosselin, Duggars, etc)

I am actually probably one of the very few who wouldn't mind having the British Monarch as our Head of state even so they are pretty much powerless now and The recent Government shutdown proves my point even more.

Last edited:
Not to be rude but it look like you are from the Argentina not United State..

I will say while there are Americans who like or have an interest in Royalty and the Monarchy most wouldn't take their Independence back. Most are just fascinated by it or appreciate the history it shares with the British. and the media here tends to blur the lines between Royalty and Celebrities which is not right so there are the peoples who only look at them as celebs. The Royals are not celebrities.

The Kardashians are total fakes and wannabes, They think they are royalty but they are not. That whole family has no class. The Windsors have much more class then the Kardashians and most Hollywood Celebs under 35 (including Snooki, Kate Gosselin, Duggars, etc)

I am actually probably one of the very few who wouldn't mind having the British Monarch as our Head of state even so they are pretty much powerless now and The recent Government shutdown proves my point even more.

Am from Argentina? that is news to me:ROFLMAO:

HM is not head of state of the US (In over 60 years, her government has never "shut down", so the Americans may want to have a chat with her how to avoid such situations)

Ohhh, was that necessary?

Do you really think HM has the final say about the pics? I think Will and Kate (Kate is probably the one who decides, we all know how marriages work, if momma isn't happy, no one is, :flowers:) pick the ones they want and then send them to everyone for their FYI.

I would imagine that as the pictures are kind of deemed "historical", Will and Kate out of respect may ask HM for her approval. I also think that HM loves and respects Will and Kate enough to go with whatever they did choose. It just may be one of them quirky things they do as a tradition and how they show respect.

Sorry maybe you are not but from looking at your your location it says Argentina. I apologize if you are not.

Oh, I see;) I was wondering where the comment came from. I just put a whatever location when I signed up. No need to apologize, is all good:flowers:

I think everyone went crazy over those chubby cheeks on CNN. It's like you just want to squeeze and kiss up those Taffy Apple cheeks that George have.

I think it was just a joke. I thought it was funny, but I'm not an american.

I thought it was funny. Me and a friend of mine were joking that the U.K never shut down it Government and that the Queen should come over here or we should move over there.

I thought it was funny. Me and a friend of mine were joking that the U.K never shut down it Government and that the Queen should come over here or we should move over there.

I don't think Her Majesty would mind to have a 17th realm!:lol:

I would offer Brazil to her, but we already have a pretender, Prince Luiz.

We saw more of this christening than any other. If the tradition lovers who have posted had had their way and the Music Room had been chosen, we would have seem official pix and nothing else. So Im happy that theChapel Royal was chosen. none of us have to like it but the BRF consider this to be a private occasion, so get over it.

As for who should have been invited, I think they got it right, with the families of both sides balanced, with grandparents and siblings. Catherine doesnt have any grandparents

dont really see how people have cause to complain. And what was wonderful to see was the happiness on the faces of Catherine and William. Their entire focus was George
Agreed! And I have to say, what a joy to see Catherine and William beaming at their son's sweet face.

Gotta say that I loved Pippa's outfit and hat...

Earl Grosvenor...

...is very cute!

And speaking of cute, in the MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH, my favorite pictures are the ones where, after looking alert and dignified when William was holding him, he relaxes in Kate's arms, his eyes droop and close slightly, and he looks very comfy, almost like he's ready to nod off. Any mother (and father) will recognize that sweet pre-sleep look and posture.

Earl Grosvenor indeed is cute :blush:

... though, hands down, no one beats the cuteness of little George :wub:

We saw more of this christening than any other. If the tradition lovers who have posted had had their way and the Music Room had been chosen, we would have seem official pix and nothing else. So Im happy that theChapel Royal was chosen. none of us have to like it but the BRF consider this to be a private occasion, so get over it.

As for who should have been invited, I think they got it right, with the families of both sides balanced, with grandparents and siblings. Catherine doesnt have any grandparents

dont really see how people have cause to complain. And what was wonderful to see was the happiness on the faces of Catherine and William. Their entire focus was George

I agree - I think they did a wonderful job. W&K under promised and over delivered. I never expected the photos leading in and out of the chapel. Seems they let only one AP camera in the courtyard to take photos.

There has been no other BRF christening televised; it is a private event. In fact, apparently Prince Charles name wasn't even released until his Christening. And the videos that were available of the photo shoots were released much later during HM's Christmas broadcast or one of the Royal Family documentaries. They have just become so commonplace now because of youtube.

And as for godparents..... None of Charles nor Diana's siblings were William's godparents. Pss Alexandra was the only family member as a godparent; the rest were friends of Charles and Diana (mostly Charles).

I think W&K got it right on their own terms - I'm looking forward to the release of today's official portraits.

...is very cute!

I agree Hugh Grosvenor is very handsome, but he's mostly attractive because he looks like the perfect gentleman... a kind of Mr darcy! :p

i wonder when we will get to see the official pictures. i thought they would be released today and i'm itching to see the 4 generations picture....

According To Duchess of Cambridge News & Style Files

The official family photos from Prince George's christening ceremony will be released to the press today at 10:00pm in London

According To Duchess of Cambridge News & Style Files

The official family photos from Prince George's christening ceremony will be released to the press today at 10:00pm in London

I am hoping for a four generation photo!

Sources said there will be a pic of William, Catherine and baby, one with middletons and royals, one with godparents and one with the 4 generations.
Maybe this is a silly question: what do the godparents exactly do at the ceremony? Do the only attend or have specific functions?

Back
Top Bottom