Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like his mother, with Williams face shape I think. Resemblance to Harry too. Pretty baby... not much in appearance like the Windsors... not yet anyway but William as a child looked nothing like them and well he is the spit of the Windsors now. Harry always and forever a Spencer with a passing resemblance to Charles (and his ears). George may well be all Middleton with a passing resemblance to his father and uncle.

It's very hard to tell who he resembles at this age. He is only a few months old. As he matures we will see much more to compare. As for William being the spitting image of the Windsors and Harry the Spencers, I have to disagree. William has the Windsor hairline and pointed features, however he most certainly has Diana's coloring, smile and eyes. The way he uses his eyes at times when looking up is exactly like his mother's "shy di" expression. Harry has Prince Charles's close set eyes and the Windsor nose. His coloring could come from both sides of the family since Ginger colored hair was quite predominate in the Royal Family.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2m
Going by the lighting gear & assistants Jason Bell had with him at CH yesterday I think Pr George's Christening pics could be pretty special

Little prince George is adorable !!!
I love the outfit of Kate, she looks really great.
But I dont understand why we havent seen a live broadcast of the christening or at least some photos of the ceremony???

By the way, where are the official photos of the christening??? Dont tell me there are no some official photos.

Video:
Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge Depart St James's Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

Noor Mariam, British royal christening ceremonies are traditionally very private. There are official pictures due to be released today in the evening.

Little prince George is adorable !!!
I love the outfit of Kate, she looks really great.
But I dont understand why we havent seen a live broadcast of the christening or at least some photos of the ceremony???

By the way, where are the official photos of the christening??? Dont tell me there are no some official photos.

Unlike the Scandinavian Royals, the British Royals do not have live broadcast of their christening

Probably a reason for the photos being released quite late is the various parties who may want to see them first including of course Kate & William & The Queen, let alone other members of the family. A bit like a wedding album, they are probably taking their time to decide which pics are best:lol:

just read this on the page of prince charles in facebook .

“THREE official Prince George christening pictures will be released later today, including a historic one of the Queen & 3 heirs According to Daily Mail

waiting for the pictures :)

Regarding the leaving chapel video on Itn Source, I didn't see anyone mad. The queen was getting the case for her glasses out of her purse to put her glasses away. Charles was laughing when he said You raised your voice. Everybody was thanking the ministers. The other minster in the blue was the sub Dean of the chapel royal. The bishop of London is the dean. In the video, you see Nanny Webb who comes out with Mike Middleton tell the blue minister guy how much she enjoyed the service.

The queen also ran to the Bishop of London at the palace reception for the Diamond Jubilee Trust and joked with him about not seeing him for a long time.

It was a joyous day for the royals, Middleton's and godparents. No one was upset but you know some folks have to be a party pooper, lol.

Timed to the u.s. network evening news?
Not a chance.. [I know its hard for US types to understand the world doesn't entirely revolve around them !]

Timed to the u.s. network evening news?

I highly doubt the release of photos of a British royal event is being timed for American audiences. Not everything revolves around American TV schedules!!

I agree with an earlier comment that it will allow time for them to choose photos and share privately with friends and extended family before they are released to the world.

Unlike the Scandinavian Royals, the British Royals do not have live broadcast of their christening

It is really a pity that an historical event keep private, really I dont understand it.

Video:
Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge Depart St James's Palace-
Home - ITNSource News

Noor Mariam, British royal christening ceremonies are traditionally very private. There are official pictures due to be released today in the evening.

Thanks a lot for your reply, but it is really a pity.

Someone said on Twitter they could be releasing them at 10pm (British Time) so they will appear in in British Newspapers first thing in the morning and that way it will be the first thing most peoples in the U.K will see when they wake up. Which make sense.

I ( personally) find excluding William's aunt,uncles and his cousins (thought he was really close to Peter,Autumn,york sisters) rather tacky.........sure they may have wanted to keep in simple, but these relatives are very important...........and what's another half dozen people..........its not like William,Kate,Charles & Camilla have had to do all the cooking,housekeeping,serving...............when its all said and done...friends come & go, but family (where you like it or not) always remains............Again, (personally) I would find it very hard to accept that kind of slight/cold shoulder..family is still family...........
No one has to agree with me............just my own personal feeling!

I totally disagree with you. This was a VERY PRIVATE christening and I am sure all family members and friends knew early on they would not be invited. I seriously doubt anyone is upset or hurt by this and I don't think it will change the family dynamic in the least. You are putting YOUR feelings into the mix and that should not be done. You have no idea what went into the planning of who was or wasn't invited. You sound way too upset over something that doesn't involve you at all.

It is really a pity that an historical event keep private, really I dont understand it.

I don't think it's a "pity."

Yes, Prince George is to become King in due course, but his christening is really a private family event. It's nice that the BRF releases photos (a mutually beneficial choice, as without public interest, the monarchy would not exist), but it isn't a state event. IMO, it doesn't need to be televised. Plus, W&K are not yet even full-time royals. They should be afforded this time to choose which milestones they let the public be a part of.

Broadway Duchess...I think a christenig of one of our babies must be private, but not the christening of a futur King.

I highly doubt the release of photos of a British royal event is being timed for American audiences. Not everything revolves around American TV schedules!!

I agree with an earlier comment that it will allow time for them to choose photos and share privately with friends and extended family before they are released to the world.

If the b r f are a global brand and you were head of pr, what time would you release pics for maximum world wide impact? And how much do you care about the u.s. in managing that brand?

Broadway Duchess...I think a christenig of one of our babies must be private, but not the christening of a futur King.
And I disagree, especially since there isn't really anything historic about it. It's a family event. This is really a case of mileage varying, as I am just as confident in my opinion as you are in yours.

I totally disagree with you. This was a VERY PRIVATE christening and I am sure all family members and friends knew early on they would not be invited. I seriously doubt anyone is upset or hurt by this and I don't think it will change the family dynamic in the least. You are putting YOUR feelings into the mix and that should not be done. You have no idea what went into the planning of who was or wasn't invited. You sound way too upset over something that doesn't involve you at all.
Frankly, I think your putting your feelings into the mix when you say you doubt anyone was upset or hurt. Unless we have a good inside source, none of us know how family members reacted. We are all projecting our own personal feelings onto members of the royal family--they may be quite different from what we all imagine.

We saw more of this christening than any other. If the tradition lovers who have posted had had their way and the Music Room had been chosen, we would have seem official pix and nothing else. So Im happy that theChapel Royal was chosen. none of us have to like it but the BRF consider this to be a private occasion, so get over it.

As for who should have been invited, I think they got it right, with the families of both sides balanced, with grandparents and siblings. Catherine doesnt have any grandparents

dont really see how people have cause to complain. And what was wonderful to see was the happiness on the faces of Catherine and William. Their entire focus was George

Hugh, Earl Grosvenor descends, like George of Cambridge, from Prince Nicolas of Russia via great-grandfather Prince Philip. Lowther Pinkerton, Emilia d'Erlanger, William Van Cutsem and Justin Portal Welby descended from the same lineage as the Spencers.

Le prince Georges of Cambridge et ses parrains | Angevin genealogies et royales

Trues,Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton shares ancestry withe his royal employees through Brabazon Posnoby,Earl of Bessbourough...

Emilia d'Erlanger is a descendant of Raphael,Freiherr(Baron) von Erlanger and from many other noble perosns including Viscount of Exmouth,Marques of Amurrio,Marques of Zarreal,Marquis de la Billarderie and through them from the Louis d'Anjou,King of Naples and many others...

Willem van Cutsem descendas from many British and noble families of the Netherlands..

Unfortunately,don't know much about Julia's ancestry or of Oliver Baker...

Last edited:
If the b r f are a global brand and you were head of pr, what time would you release pics for maximum world wide impact? And how much do you care about the u.s. in managing that brand?

We Americans need to remember that we are not the center of the world and not everything revolves around us. Just because networks like to broadcast west coast sports events at a time that east coast viewers are available to watch does not mean the rest of the world sets their clock for east coast.

I realize your comment was innocent as the timing of the photos does coincide with the east coast news hour. No other country releases information for that reason, thus I don't think the BRF would. Also, the BRF should be more loyal to their subjects as they pay taxes to keep the BRF going, the rest of us don't.

The BRF is not a brand, so the rest of your argument fails. The priority lies with the 16 realms and the Commonwealth.

The primary audience for the BRF are the British subjects, and those of the other realms. I am afraid Americans does not qualify, nor do their opinions particularly matter to HM and the BRF. HM is not head of state of the US (In over 60 years, her government has never "shut down", so the Americans may want to have a chat with her how to avoid such situations), and nor do the Americans pay for her - so in the nicest possible way, I suspect she does not really care about the time of their evening news!

Back
Top Bottom