Christening of Prince George of Cambridge: October 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't think the crowd sounded hysterical, but I could only watch the feed that focused on the entrance to the chapel. A few people were dressed colorfully but, like you, I would be surprised if that hadn't been the case.

George is very calm, at least for the few moments we saw him.

Prince George is almost the spitting image of William at the same age!:whistling:

That baby is all William right now. Them Windsor genes are too strong.

Awww, Baby George's got a pout, just like his mother. The rest of his face is quite William, I believe.

There is an investiture at BP in the morning and I think a reception at night so that rules out BP and Windsor because the Queen need to go to all 3 events. It makes sense to use the Chapel Royal with SJP and Clarence House connected.

I don't understand how using the lily font from the Crown Jewels, in a replica gown by the AoC in a royal chapel is breaking tradition. It is not like the AoC is using drool from Lupo to christen George :)

IMHO they've included the most important traditions while putting their own stamp on the event.

Al-bina, I'm not sure what you mean?

I suspect this is in reference to the old men who dress up weird - sort of like the "town cryer" who got himself all over the press when PG was born.

IMHO they've included the most important traditions while putting their own stamp on the event.
I find it interesting that they choose 7 godparents, rather than 8. It's not as though they have a shortage of female friends.

I didn't think the crowd sounded hysterical, but I could only watch the feed that focused on the entrance to the chapel. A few people were dressed colorfully but, like you, I would be surprised if that hadn't been the case.

To me, it didn't look that there were that many people out there watching and waiting. George's christening just didn't garner the attention of the public enough for mobs to congregate such as the royal birth did. It was what it was. A small, private family ceremony.

Catherine looked very sweet I found her very elegant!
George is too cute and beautiful and for the moment he's the spitting image of William... But I think he is going to look like Kate a little bit as he grows up...
A silly question : Isn't the frozen cake disgusting? I mean... 2 years have passed! (Sorry I am italian and I can't help thinking of food:ROFLMAO:
P.S.: Who was holding P. George as he was being christened? Parents or godparents?

Yes I agree about Pippa's hat - a little too fussy. I thought Zara looked blooming in the nicest possible way. The shade of blue suited her.
On another point, is it likely there would have been flowers in the Chapel? - just trying to picture the setting.

Ow, his cheeks are just like William but for the rest I think he looks so much like Catherine!
I loved Catherine's ouftit, it was great and very, very elegant.

George looks very much like Kate, looks like her genes dominated. Brown hair, button nose, full cheeks. Looks like she has been feeding him well also.

A silly question : Isn't the frozen cake disgusting? I mean... 2 years have passed! (Sorry I am italian and I can't help thinking of food:ROFLMAO:
P.S.: Who was holding P. George as he was being christened? Parents or godparents?

Yeah, it sounds unhealthy to have a frozen fruit cake two years old. Yuck!!

Man George is a big baby for three mon,
Gonna be one tall man

I bet William & Catherine slobber those apple cheeks down whenever they get a chance. A very beautiful family, can't wait for the official pictures.

I've learned two things today:

1. Family kiss the queen, then curtsy or bow their head to her
2. Everyone thanks the ministers - all the baptisms I have attended have been during the service so I never see the family saying thank you to the ministers. I suppose since this was a very small service, this seems more pronounced.

The first few pictures I looked at, I thought George looked quite Windsor-y in general, but as I was watching the video, I paused it at one point, and whatever angle/expression it caught him in, I thought he looked so much like Kate, especially his nose. It will be fun to watch him grow and change - he's a handsome little guy.

I think George really has the most similarity to Kate with sometimes a look of William

The only 2 surprises for the godparent choice for me where - Hugh Earl Grosvenor (but his father the Duke is Williams godfather so in many ways its a lovely touch that his son his godfather to William's son) and then the friend of Diana was a totally surprise. Im glad they didn't choose either Harry or Pippa or James - they are aunt and uncle that's enough

Thought all the cream of Kate, Pippa and Camilla was too much - would have been better to have been a colour for Kate at least to contrast to the christening robe of George

2. Everyone thanks the ministers - all the baptisms I have attended have been during the service so I never see the family saying thank you to the ministers. I suppose since this was a very small service, this seems more pronounced.
I found the kisses to the Queen great fun to watch - Camilla didn't quite make it, thanks to HM's hat, but had a very warm greeting with Philip.

Ha! I've never noticed they did that before. It was so obvious that they kissed HM first.
I guess I always thank the minister, so it didn't seem odd to me.

I loved the warm greetings they all gave each other. I still feel for the Middleton's as no matter what they do, so many in England will pick on them, their clothes, how they made their money, rising above themselves socially..etc. I think that if William, who seems to be a very astute young man, and not stupid, loves them and makes sure they know they are part of his family, then that is all that matters to me.

I also thought it was so cute how Harry ran to Granny and how sweet Camilla is with Philip.

Their outfits were beautiful for an autumn christening...the sun shined brightly, and little George behaved himself quite well for the cameras. I am excited for the official pictures and hopefully one of the Queen and her 3 direct heirs!!!

Last edited:
George is too cute and beautiful and for the moment he's the spitting image of William... But I think he is going to look like Kate a little bit as he grows up...

I had a taste of frozen wedding cake and I have to admit that it was not delicious.:sick:

Maybe the WillKat cake, preserved by the hands of experts, tasted better.

Anyway the thing to do where I live is to have a smaller replica of one's wedding cake done for events like 1st wedding anniversaries and christenings, instead of saving frozen tiers. Especially since some couples do not have their first child for quite some time after their wedding.

I can't wait for the official pictures. I thought that George looked most like William at least at first glance. Beautiful baby.

I'm Italian too and I had the same thought...well, my first though was "are they really that stingy?" but then of course I realized that they married in 2011 and there was a slight chance it could be just a replica LMAO but then gain I read somewhere that it was a tier of the wedding cake...now I'm confused

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom