The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Scooter is obsessed with dislike for Camilla, and cannot resist dragging her in the mud at every opportunity !
Well...there is no need to feed the obsession.

Back to the christening!

Old 09-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h
Time to polish up the Lily Font commissioned by Queen Victoria. It's been used for all royal christenings since 1841 pic.twitter.com/Yqx2q8FfBy

More Info:
The Lily Font-
http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/co.../the-lily-font

I think that's a very beautiful and well designed font.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 09-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Nobility

I read that the Danish family Christening Robe that had been retired for preservation was brought out for Christian again as he is next heir....Would be so cool if they did the same for George.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Nobility

If William and Catherine are moved into their new apartment, then maybe they will have lunch at their place. It would give the family a chance to see it.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Clarence House is attached to SJP. Charles would probably host the lunch afterwards. KP is a bit west of the mall where BP and CH are and the Cambridges aren't really set up to host 30 people for lunch with just a housekeeper.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pretty sure they're not going to have "just a housekeeper" in KP, whether they tell us is a different matter. I can imagine, at least 2 butlers, William probably might have a valet type person so would Catherine, chef and assistant cooks obviously, housekeeper plus help for her, security, nanny etc. Unless they're doing the cooking and cleaning all by themselves, (maybe that's William's new gap year job? ), they need help.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I read that the Danish family Christening Robe that had been retired for preservation was brought out for Christian again as he is next heir....Would be so cool if they did the same for George.
No, the Danish family Christening Robe has not been retired yet. It has been used for Christian, Isabella and Vincent. Joachim's children have all had new christening robes. So the family robe has only been used by the Crown Prince's children
Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Pretty sure they're not going to have "just a housekeeper" in KP, whether they tell us is a different matter. I can imagine, at least 2 butlers, William probably might have a valet type person so would Catherine, chef and assistant cooks obviously, housekeeper plus help for her, security, nanny etc. Unless they're doing the cooking and cleaning all by themselves, (maybe that's William's new gap year job? ), they need help.
He already has an orderly. He was the man who brought the notice of George's birth from the hospital to BP and was seen bringing clothes (and some people) to St Mary's as well. He is a soldier from the parachute regiment

Fijian-born soldier serves as royal aide - Australia Network News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-wardrobe.html

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Going back to the photos which I think I started - I have no objection to the Middleton's being photographed with their grandchild but see no reason for that photo to be released. Of course they should have a part to play in George's life but not in the public realm of his life. They should be the private place he and his family can retreat to while Charles, Camilla, The Queen and Philip will be the public part of his life. I also have no issue with them being in a larger group photo but I don't see a need for a picture of George and just his Middleton family, or even with his parents and the Middletons. Those photos should be for the private albums not for public consumption.

As for whether Camilla should be in the photos - of course she should. William, like millions of others, has a step-family and there are two ways to go with step-families - make them work or spew hatred. It seems that William and Harry, along with Tom and Laura, have made the decision to make it work rather than not accept the situation and so have become a step-family rather than a group of people who have a step-parent. As a result I expect William to include Camilla in family times with George and that includes photos with Camilla. I wouldn't expect a photo of just Camilla and George to be released to the public but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one is taken.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

I think we'll see four photos:

- One of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and the godparents.

- One of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George and both sets of grandparents: the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, and Mr. and Mrs. Middleton.

- One of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince George, the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and the Middletons.

- One with the four generations: The Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and Prince George.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Can I reiterate that I have no problems with the Middletons being in a group photo that is made public? My objection would be to just the Middeltons as they are the non-royal grandparents and as such are very important to George of course but not to the public and the public side of George's family.

So a photo of the Middleton's with Charles and Camilla is fine just as one of George with Charles and Camilla alone is fine but one of George with just the Middlton's and no royals should be kept for the private albums just as one with just Camilla should be for the private albums. I am not saying that these photos shouldn't be taken - only that they shouldn't be made public.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Nobility

Blood does not make a family. Camilla is going to be in this child's life and she and Carole will be the grandmothers he grows up with. He will learn, of course, about the fact they are not blood kin but will it really matter that much if he grows to love her as family? Emotions can't normally be turned on and off like that
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Blood does not make a family. Camilla is going to be in this child's life and she and Carole will be the grandmothers he grows up with. He will learn, of course, about the fact they are not blood kin but will it really matter that much if he grows to love her as family? Emotions can't normally be turned on and off like that
I agree. Prince George is lucky to have such a wonderful woman like the Duchess of Cornwall as one of his grandmothers.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Gentry

[QUOTE=Lumutqueen;1604666

(maybe that's William's new gap year job? ), they need help.

Love it Lumutqueen
Old 09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Nobility

Any guesses for a menu? Are their particular traditions that come with after creating luncheon?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Can I reiterate that I have no problems with the Middletons being in a group photo that is made public? My objection would be to just the Middeltons as they are the non-royal grandparents and as such are very important to George of course but not to the public and the public side of George's family. So a photo of the Middleton's with Charles and Camilla is fine just as one of George with Charles and Camilla alone is fine but one of George with just the Middlton's and no royals should be kept for the private albums just as one with just Camilla should be for the private albums. I am not saying that these photos shouldn't be taken - only that they shouldn't be made public.
I agree overall with what you've said on this issue (both in this post and earlier ones), although I have a question: when William or Harry (or any of the grandchildren) were christened did we get a picture of just QEII, the DoE, and the child? I know that when they got older there were pictures of just the pair of them and their grandchildren, but I can't say that I've seen any from the christenings (although, I could have missed that).

Going further from that line of thinking, I almost think it would be better if they either released a photo of George with all his grandparents (no one else) and skipped releasing photos of him with each set of grandparents, or didn't release a set with just him and grandparents at all. While I think that both Camilla and the Middletons will each play important roles in George's life, I imagine that these photos can incite a possible rage and accusations that either Camilla or the Middletons are trying to steal some kind of position that they don't deserve. In my opinion, the three of them tend to play things a bit more safe than that.

I'd like to see:
- Just George,
- The Cambridges
- The four generations of monarchs
- Great-grandpa, grandpa, papa, and George
- Both sides of the family
- The godparents
- A group shot

Plus, depending on who all is there, it'd be cool if they took an opportunity to do HM, the DoE, and all their grandchildren.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:36 PM
Courtier

William's christening had a photo of the Queen Mum holding baby William. It was also her birthday.

The only people that we will probably see only with George is William and Kate. Everybody else will be a group photo either godparents, grandparents or monarchs and monarchs to be.

Hopefully we will get posed shots of the Cambridges before the Christening
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Seriously folks? Do I need to say anthing?

Let's get back on topic.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Courtier

Too all the Middleton-haters: take note that at EVERY royal christening the "non-royal" grandparents have been included in photos distributed to us mere mortals. I suggest you look at the photos for the christenings of the Phillips children, the Yorks, and the Wessexes.

Sheesh!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, the Christening is this month guys. I'm very excited about it but just imagine how excited William & Catherine are. They will baptize their son in the presence of their family and friends.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge