The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
Since Williams never been overly happy that one day he will be king I'm guessing the picture is capturing a bit of the regret that he has now passed that *gift* down to his son.
Hate to drag this up BBC NEWS | UK | William: My duty to be king

Old 10-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
New christening photo of Prince George with parents-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Prince George sooooooo cute and handsome little baby boy!!
I think this picture he looks like his mother Catherine.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

George VI didn't want to be King and Elizabeth II hoped for a brother so she wouldn't have to be Queen. They both sucked it up and did their job. William appears to be used to the idea by now and accepts it will happen.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
How do you know the Queen is not a warm and Fuzzy person? Have you ever met her? Have you ever visited her in private in Balmoral? No. You can't judge how she may be in private by her Public appearance! She has to act a certain way in public.

By the way The Queen Grandchildrens would all disagree with you. Prince William, Prince Harry, Eugenie and Beatrice have all commented how the Queen is a Doting and warm Grandmother in private. There are pictures of the Queen holding her grandchildrens and you can tell she a proud Grandmother. Also in one picture The Queen is looking at Prince George with a smile.

That doesn't sound like someone who is not warm and fuzzy! Stop trying to make The Queen out to be Stiff and Grumpy person because she is far from it. She is a lovable Grandmother and great grandmother.
Because, her son, Charles, has said she is not, publicly, in his biography. I never said she didn't love them in her fashion, she is not warm and fuzzy. You know nothing, personally, either.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
George VI didn't want to be King and Elizabeth II hoped for a brother so she wouldn't have to be Queen. They both sucked it up and did their job. William appears to be used to the idea by now and accepts it will happen.
At Age 11 Queen Victoria (then he Princess of Kent) was looking at a Family Tree soon after the death of King George VI and when she was told that she was now in next line for the Throne she started to cry.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Because, her son, Charles, has said she is not, publicly, in his biography. I never said she didn't love them in her fashion, she is not warm and fuzzy. You know nothing, personally, either.
Charles has written a biography? When?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Maybe not. But i know what i heard from The Queen Grandchildren's And they said she is a Warm, Doting and loving Grandmother. Also to be and some had said the same The Queen was a different mother with Charles and Anne then with Andrew and Edward. She was kind of distant with her first two kids when they were younger but she came to the throne at a young age later on when Andrew and Edward were born she was able to be more of a Mother with them after she had been on the throne for awhile. It has been said that The Queen had two families one before she became Queen (Charles and Anne) and then another she came to the throne(Edward and Andrew)

And Charles never wrote a biography!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
First off, Charles has not written his own biography (at least to my knowledge). If there's something I'm missing, please enlighten me, because I'd love to get my hands on that book. And, from the clips that I've seen of Her Majesty with her grandchildren, it seems that she's indeed a warm, and loving grandparent, so perhaps your assumption may be a little bit off.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

I believe The Prince of Wales enjoyed the company of a warm and loving mother during his childhood, as we can see here:

I can also remember The Duke of York saying that he and his siblings never felt neglected because their mother was The Queen.

The rumours about The Queen being a distant and cold mother and grandmother are a stupid nonsense
Old 10-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles' biography was written by Jonathan Dimbleby in 1994:

The Prince of Whales: An Intimate Portrait of the Man Born to Be King - Jonathan Dimbleby - Google Books

AFAIK, Charles had not written an autobiography.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I believe The Prince of Wales enjoyed the company of a warm and loving mother during his childhood, as we can see here:

I can also remember The Duke of York saying that he and his siblings never felt neglected because their mother was The Queen.

The rumours about The Queen being a distant and cold mother and grandmother are a stupid nonsense
This was a great, and insightful video. I have a feeling that the press has taken what Charles said (or didn't say) out of context, and created this issue. As to Her Majesty not holding baby George, I have a feeling the reasons behind that decision don't have anything to do with her not being 'warm and fuzzy'. Maybe the baby doesn't know his great-granny all that well, and feels uncomfortable being held by her. I don't think anyone wanted a fussy infant during a photo shoot. Or, perhaps, as someone mentioned, she did get to hold him, and there are pictures, but due to the wishes of the family, those will remain private. There are so many reasons, but just because the picture wasn't released, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, or that the baby didn't get a snuggle from his great-grandmother.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Charles' biography was written by Jonathan Dimbleby in 1994:

The Prince of Whales: An Intimate Portrait of the Man Born to Be King - Jonathan Dimbleby - Google Books

AFAIK, Charles had not written an autobiography.
Thank you - didn't think so.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Courtier

It's like the The Times interview. I bet Prince Charles regrets doing it now because he had deny things taken out of context.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This was a great, and insightful video. I have a feeling that the press has taken what Charles said (or didn't say) out of context, and created this issue. As to Her Majesty not holding baby George, I have a feeling the reasons behind that decision don't have anything to do with her not being 'warm and fuzzy'. Maybe the baby doesn't know his great-granny all that well, and feels uncomfortable being held by her. I don't think anyone wanted a fussy infant during a photo shoot. Or, perhaps, as someone mentioned, she did get to hold him, and there are pictures, but due to the wishes of the family, those will remain private. There are so many reasons, but just because the picture wasn't released, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, or that the baby didn't get a snuggle from his great-grandmother.
You may very well be correct. They may have taken 100's of photos and only chose the best ones for publication. Taking photos with an infant is not very predictable.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This was a great, and insightful video. I have a feeling that the press has taken what Charles said (or didn't say) out of context, and created this issue. As to Her Majesty not holding baby George, I have a feeling the reasons behind that decision don't have anything to do with her not being 'warm and fuzzy'.

The Queen looks rather fragile to me.
I probably shouldn't say this but I think she looks unwell.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Perhaps William is looking the way he does in this picture is because he is thinking of his mother, I bet he wishes his mother was alive to hold his son and yes even after all these years he still has a sadness in him at times when he realizes again that she isn't here. William loved his mother deeply and I believe it really took something out of him when she died. I believe also that with Catherine he has found someone who understands him, and gives him the type of down to earth family life that he hadwith his mother and not his father. PC was brought up in a very formal setting and Diana wanted the children to know all walks of life, not just the royal side. That is what he has with Catherine and her family the Middleton's. To this day I do believe that he has tears in his heart over his mother, he just rarely shows them. I think William and Catherine make a great team and the love that is being shown between her and her son is *Priceless* while William just seems sad because he wants his mother there.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm starting to think that perhaps one of the reasons we did not get a picture of the Queen holding her great grandson was that the family (and that includes great granny) felt that it was a private, intimate ceremony where the focus is mainly on George and his parents.

HM was there as great granny and not HM The Queen and that's what they wanted to express with the pictures. Even with the monarch and her three heirs, William was holding George. Perhaps they felt that if HM was holding George, it would put less emphasis on Charles and William? It didn't bother me in the least that we didn't get a photo of HM holding George but I'd bet my last donut that the morning after George came home from the hospital and HM visited the family at Nottingham Cottage, HM got up close and personal with him and cuddled him.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Aw, the newest photo is adorable, and IMO one of the best. George's smile is very sweet.

Changing the subject slightly, one other thing that surprised me was how there weren't any videos of bits of the reception or the official photos being taken; IIRC there were videos of those at William, Harry and Zara's christenings, I'm not too sure about Beatrice or Eugenie's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
As for the newly released one, thought we were getting two? But Catherine looks just as posed and practised as the previous family picture, William looks the best I've seen him in the photo.
I thought we were going to get two as well. Perhaps a second photo had been taken, but William and Catherine thought it belonged in the family photo album instead of in the papers/websites. Or perhaps they didn't take a second photo at all.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic...this thread is about George's christening not about whether or not William wants to be King, if Charles wrote a book, etc.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Majesty

I too thought we would get some video of the reception after the christening. I guess when the Cambridge's mean it was a private occasion, they meant it.

Dr. Maya Angelou

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge