The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

Love, love the picture. By far the best picture and the most precious. He truly knows his mummy. Catherine looks totally in love with him. Sweetness through and through. :)

Old 10-27-2013, 12:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

Tell Catherine before she went to University that she would end up marrying Prince William and having a baby with him she would laugh.
She probably would've laughed. Her destiny has landed her in a very nice and happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
The new picture is so cute. If George Alexander could talk you know he would be saying "hi mommy" or "hi pretty lady who gives me food".
I can imagine George having one of those voices from 'Look Who's Talking' as a baby and saying those things.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
The two photos now with W/K/G are the best
I agree...very beautiful and natural looking.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Majesty

Traditionally Speaking:
Victoria's Blog - Victoria Arbiter.com

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
This is pretty funny. Thanks for sharing
Old 10-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the new pic. Catherine looks very natural and you can see the love between mother and child! But: I barely noticed William... Something wront with him... However I'm looking for the second pic without finding it :-(
Old 10-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

I like the contrasting expressions displayed by William and Catherine here. William's intense gaze creates a more reflective mood which nicely complements Catherine's joyful expression, and in a way suggests the feelings of most new parents. With George so alert to his Mum as well, I bet the photographer was pleased with the result. I wonder if we will soon be seeing this pic "in the background " at both Clarence House and Buckingham Palace.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Love this photo of baby George with his loving parents. Such a touching family picture.

As for the Queen not holding Baby George, remember she is in her late 80s and may not feel she could comfortably hold a 3 month old baby for the time needed to snap the pictures.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
Love this photo of baby George with his loving parents. Such a touching family picture.

As for the Queen not holding Baby George, remember she is in her late 80s and may not feel she could comfortably hold a 3 month old baby for the time needed to snap the pictures.
You mean the ten seconds it would have taken them to get into place, take the picture, and hand the baby back? She might be 86/7? but i'm sure she can still hold her great-grandchildren. It was Catherine and William's choice of course, but a missed oppurtunity for a proper picture IMO.

--------------------------------

As for the newly released one, thought we were getting two? But Catherine looks just as posed and practised as the previous family picture, William looks the best I've seen him in the photo.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Any idea why they released this picture a few days later?

Behind William in the picture of the Queen and her 3 heirs, you can see a painting of 2 young women. Is it the Queen and her sister?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Majesty

I think it would be nice if we got a big royal family picture like they used to release back in the day. The royals used to pose in the grounds of Sandringham, Balmoral and Windsor or even within the estates. The family has grown so beautifully over the years. Perhaps then we could've gotten a picture of The Queen holding baby George.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Nobility

I suppose there isn't a 2nd photo coming out today. The rumor must have only been half true. I was hoping to see one with the godparents but the close up of the 3 of them was so good, it's worth 2 ordinary ones.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Looks like William is very stoic
Old 10-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post

I agree about the new picture, but I don't think we can assume that there aren't any pictures of the Queen holding George (or, for that matter, holding any of her grandchildren or great-grandchildren).

I am confident there are pictures of George with the Middleton family, just like the one with the royal family. There are also pictures with the godparents. For whatever reason, they have decided to keep the pictures private. Perhaps those pictures will be released in the future--but probably not.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Any idea why they released this picture a few days later?

Behind William in the picture of the Queen and her 3 heirs, you can see a painting of 2 young women. Is it the Queen and her sister?
Yes, it is a painting of the sisters.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Majesty

I know I would like to see some informal pictures of William & Catherine and George. Perhaps we'll get pictures like that in the coming months or even on his first birthday.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I like the new pic. Catherine looks very natural and you can see the love between mother and child! But: I barely noticed William... Something wront with him... However I'm looking for the second pic without finding it :-(
Since Williams never been overly happy that one day he will be king I'm guessing the picture is capturing a bit of the regret that he has now passed that *gift* down to his son.
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 10-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
Since Williams never been overly happy that one day he will be king I'm guessing the picture is capturing a bit of the regret that he has now passed that *gift* down to his son.
Since he is so unhappy about it, he can always resign and let his brother take over. Also, he cannot assume that, just because he isn't happy about it, George will not be.
I, somehow, never believed in that whole William's "being unhappy" about being a king. Again, if that would be the case, he would just pass it to Harry.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Majesty

I think William is very emotional. I think you could tell by his face when they arrived at the Chapel, he looked very shy but so happy at the same time. He's built a very beautiful family for himself and I think he's very proud of what he have.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think William is very emotional. I think you could tell by his face when they arrived at the Chapel, he looked very shy but so happy at the same time. He's built a very beautiful family for himself and I think he's very proud of what he have.
I agree. It was an intimate picture. He looked moved because it was a touching moment at the end of what was probably a slightly stressful day.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge